We had a lot of the same problems as Matt 33332, like the charges added and then making sure they were removed (internet, starbucks, parking...), and the sheets, and the fact that not only is there not much to do around the hotel, but they warn you IN CAPITAL LETTERS not to go out walking - even in groups. Not a good recommendation. Let me also add:
We passed it the first time by because it doesn't even look like a hotel entrance. Then on the second time by, the valet was chatting with a friend parked right in the middle of the short pull-through registration lane - and we'd have to block traffic while we waited for them. It's on a one-way street - so each time around is a couple of blocks... On the 3rd time around we just decided to cram in there and annoy the guy and his friend.
It's hard to tell where the front desk is. I waited... and waited... at a couple of different locations, and finally went back out to ask the guys where it was. I was waiting at the right place, but it was 15 min. before someone showed up to check me in.
Then there's the room. Big enough. Standard corporate furnishings. But what's that I hear? A low beep... beep.... beep.... I told them I couldn't take it. They alleged that it is something in their fire alarm or suppression system, and that I couldn't get away from it. It's possible that they told me that just to get me to stay in the bad room, but if the whole hotel is that way, then there's no way I am going to recommend it to anyone. Just say to yourself, as you read all these reviews, beep..... beep.....
The only good point was that the concierge recommended the Gold Street Caffe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque