“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Knob Noster, Missouri
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a week and I'm very pleased. The room is very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and caring. My 2 year old even got free breakfast one day from the VIP guest manager. When we come back to visit Albuquerque again next year we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hi batida1980: It was certainly my pleasure to assist you and your family while you were staying with us. Exceeding our guests expectations and showing that we truly care is what we do best. We are delighted to see that whenever you are back in Albuquerque, you will stay with us again. Thanks for your wonderful review; Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Buena Vista, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights while I was scheduled to attend a convention, but my wife did not. The Convention Center is right across the street, a great location for that, but not much else. Downtown Albq is devoid of anything except hotels and office buildings, so my wife had to travel out of the downtown area to find things to do. The hotel lobby is very modern and devoid of ornamentation, almost antiseptic in feeling with no color, and the halls and rooms are the same. The hotel desk staff was generally youthful, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are average size for this class of hotel, and the furniture was in very good condition. The bed was soft and springy, but I prefer something firm, and for some reason the sheets were not fitted nor tucked in very well. By morning they were all loose and wadded up around me, and this has not happened before anywhere. A liter of bottled water on the desk was $5.00 which I thought ridiculous. Internet access was difficult to log onto; you had to move through screens to pay for 1 hour, 1 day, or multiple days. The charges were added to your bill, but then later deducted at checkout. This is the most cumbersome and unreasonable system I have ever encountered. There are almost no decent restaurants in downtown Albq, and we discovered that we had to go to either Old Town or the University District to find something. We did eat at the hotel restaurant on arrival, and found the food quite good, but with a limited menu and somewhat pricey. We asked to be seated at 6:30pm, but were told there was no seating until 7:30pm. We could see into the large restaurant, that only 5 or 6 tables were occupied. Returning at 7:30pm, the same number of tables were seated, so I'm confused about why we had to wait. This is just not a total experience that I can recommend to others, nor will we stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Matt33332: Thank you for staying with us for 3 nights while you were attending a convention and commenting about our Front Desk staff. We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to evaluate your experience with us.

Though it is always nice to hear when our efforts in guest service meet or go beyond a guest's expectations, it is just as important for us to know when we have not. I am disappointed to hear that you had a less than memorable experience at our hotel regarding not finding much too do in the downtown area. Our wonderful concierge has the best contacts, information and knowledge regarding the Duke City and is always delighted to assist our guests with her expansive knowledge of local attractions and restaurants.

In addition our Forque Kitchen & Bar management team has reviewed your comments and apologize for your wait time. We are confident that our team will work harder than ever to to provide the superior service that we are known for.

Please contact me should you find yourself staying with Hyatt Regency Albuquerque again in the future, as it would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next experience is memorable for all the right reasons.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

To me, this Hyatt's greatest asset its staff. When a staff person asked you, "if everything was ok," you got the feeling they actually cared about your answer! :) They were unfailingly gracious, and ready with quick suggestions when I needed something. A couple of them seemed to pick up on the fact that I was traveling alone, and it felt as though they made it a special point to say hello during my comings and goings. I agree with some of the reviews here, the decor is a bit dated. But, it is NOT run down. It is clean! a couple reviews here mentioned the resturants were pricey. I didn't think so - in fact, my expense report this month will look a bit better than usual. Also - really has the touches a business traveler values. Last month, I stayed in an over rated Westin - seriously -couldn't even find an easy way to plug in a phone and computer. This large comfy room has a nice desk, lots of easily accessible outlets, AND an iPod charger! I check out tomorrow after a four day day stay. I can only hope next month's hotel is as great.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Laurely282: Thank you so much for staying with us and for the positive feedback regarding our hotel and staff. We're glad you had a "really enjoyable stay" and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Here for the fourth night on business. Clean and comfortable room. Bed, linens, and pillows all top-notch. During the night last night (3:55 A.M.), I received a call from the front desk and from my sleep, answered the phone to be told that there was an incoming call. When I inquired further in my dreamy state, the front desk person apologized and said, "Oh I am so sorry sir, I have the wrong room." I never feel back to sleep. I issued a mild complaint to the front desk staff later today. They wanted to comp me for dinner or breakfast; neither of which would work for me. When I arrived at my room after dinner this evening, I found that the staff had set up a beautiful tray of snacks and drinks, with a hand-written apology note. Truly first class and very much appreciated. I immediately called the front desk and thanked them. In Albuquerque for business or pleasure, by all means stay at the Hyatt Regency!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Chicagodocjerry: We appreciate you taking time to complete a review and commenting that our staff took "Great Care and Comfort" of you while you were our guest. We pride ourselves with providing outstanding customer service and are always delighted to do all that we can to accommodate our guest needs. We look forward to your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Maybe this hotel is okay for the airline staff who seem to frequent it, but it is not an acceptable place for families. We reserved online, noting that we are a family of four with two kids. We had to beg for extra cups (two in the room), towels (2), and a rollaway for one kid with a cold. No rollaways, at any price! We tried unsuccessfully to use both their pay walled and their free wifi systems; even with staff assistance, we could not log on. The hotel and the neighborhood around it seemed deserted and pretty dangerous. We overheard talk of checking ID for the elevators, though we didn't see that happen. They should not accept family reservations when they are so clearly aimed at price-insensitive business travelers.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Lisa E.: Thank you for staying with us to welcome the New Year. We apologize for any negative experience you and your family had during your stay.

As you can understand, safety and security is always one of our main concerns, but especially during the numerous New Year's celebrations that were occurring. We take our guests' safety seriously and took steps to ensure that your stay was as safe as possible.

I certainly would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you and your family so please feel free to contact me.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Being downtown Albuquerque is terrific and the front desk help was awesome. We had to ask for extra blankets due to very cold weather and our heater blowing out cold air. We had to jack up the heater to near 80 before warmth would enter the room. The room was excellent, but loud noises from other guests during New Years celebrations was annoying!

• Stayed January 2013
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Happy New Year, dfpiatt:

Thank you for welcoming 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque. We were so glad that you chose us to experience our "awesome" Front desk service and enjoyed our room. I certainly hope that you did get to enjoy other areas of our hotel.

I apologize that you experienced inadequate room temperature on such a cold night. Our engineers have addressed the thermostat issue and I invite you back to give us another try. Please contact me directly and I will oversee your stay.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful 5-star review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It’s the second highest building in Albuquerque downtown, next to the highest Bank of Albuquerque. We came to this place after having a sleepless night at the Hilton with noisy neighbors. We were given a Panoramic view room overlooking downtown and the surrounding mountain on the 18th floor, which also has a business center with 2 PCs and printer free of charge. The room, although appears aged, is spacious and cozy. Sound-proofing is quiet well. The room equipped with a i-Pod dock and speaker combo and Portico bath products. Checking in and out is a breeze with knowledgable and friendly staff.
Parking: instead of spending $10/night garage parking. Let me suggest parking on the street during the weekend since it’s FREE until 8a on Monday. The streets in downtown are relatively safe. We have no problem finding a space steps from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Valuable Guest, banjo518: Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your thoughts. We really appreciate your your feedback and are happy to see that you enjoyed your panoramic view room on the 18th floor and our amenities. We look forward to your next return to our property!

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!