We stayed for 3 nights while I was scheduled to attend a convention, but my wife did not. The Convention Center is right across the street, a great location for that, but not much else. Downtown Albq is devoid of anything except hotels and office buildings, so my wife had to travel out of the downtown area to find things to do. The hotel lobby is very modern and devoid of ornamentation, almost antiseptic in feeling with no color, and the halls and rooms are the same. The hotel desk staff was generally youthful, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are average size for this class of hotel, and the furniture was in very good condition. The bed was soft and springy, but I prefer something firm, and for some reason the sheets were not fitted nor tucked in very well. By morning they were all loose and wadded up around me, and this has not happened before anywhere. A liter of bottled water on the desk was $5.00 which I thought ridiculous. Internet access was difficult to log onto; you had to move through screens to pay for 1 hour, 1 day, or multiple days. The charges were added to your bill, but then later deducted at checkout. This is the most cumbersome and unreasonable system I have ever encountered. There are almost no decent restaurants in downtown Albq, and we discovered that we had to go to either Old Town or the University District to find something. We did eat at the hotel restaurant on arrival, and found the food quite good, but with a limited menu and somewhat pricey. We asked to be seated at 6:30pm, but were told there was no seating until 7:30pm. We could see into the large restaurant, that only 5 or 6 tables were occupied. Returning at 7:30pm, the same number of tables were seated, so I'm confused about why we had to wait. This is just not a total experience that I can recommend to others, nor will we stay at this hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque