“Excellent food, nice quiet accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #57 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
king george, VA
“Excellent food, nice quiet accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Attended a conference there earlier in the week. I've stayed at this hotel at least half a dozen times. Bottom line is that the rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. Exercise room is better than most, with better quality equipment, and a fair number of machines. People know this, so the place gets busy at times. The food prepared for the conference was outstanding - the staff did an awesome job.

My only complaints are that the area around the hotel sometimes seems a bit seedy with a large number of panhandlers for a city the size of Albuquerque. My only other complaint is that I can rarely get a room there under per diem :-( But five stars in any case.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Valued Guest, rjpawlak: Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great stay and look forward to your next visit.

461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We rented two mountain view rooms and enjoyed a great evening of fun
and comaraderie in the bar. The rooms are nice and the bed is comfy, although the restaurant prices were a little high. The hotel is adjacent the convention center which is nice if you are there for a conference. The lack of a shuttle of their own was one drawback considering the cost.

Room Tip: Mountain view is great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear CorporateDiva: Thank you for choosing us for your evening of fun. It sounds like you enjoyed being at our hotel! Although we currently do not have a hotel shuttle, there are a plethera of taxi cabs waiting outside our doors to whisk you to your location of choice.

We really appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again.
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here as part of our Route 66 tour and it was one of the best Hyatts I have been in. The bar maid could not have been friendly and we had all our needs catered for as we did not want a posh sit down meal in the main restaurant. Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were a good size. We had a slight issue with our bathroom light not working upon arrival but we reported this and it was dealt with swiftly by friendly members of staff

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear TravellerHB1979: We are so happy that you made us a part of your Route 66 experience. We also appreciate you taking time out of your exciting road trip to review our hotel and staff.

Looks like we hit our goal of exceeding your expectations and provided a memorable experience in all aspects of your stay. If you are ever in the area again, we would love having you stay with us.
Houston TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rented two rooms. # 1 had no functioning heat and the TV was not working properly. Engineering arrived after about an hour and corrected both problems. Courteous and compliant. Room decor will thrill you if you are into European airport departure lounges. Room #2 had water from the bathroom leaking into the sleeping quarters, wetting the carpet next to the bed. Foul odor. When these problems were brought to the desk's attention, they rebated our parking fee!

Room Tip: It might be wise to inspect the room before taking possession.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Gladtobethere: Thank you for staying with us. I truly appreciate your feedback and taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize about your frustration and inconvenience you experienced as a guest in our hotel. Please know that our Executive Management team did not take your comments lightly and immediately corrected the issues.

I only hope that we will have another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and demonstrate the world-class service that defines our core values.

Please contact me directly should you find yourself staying with us again. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons. Once again, thank you, and I do look forward to seeing you again.
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I Pricelined it for $50 a night on a weekend, so my bar isn't terribly high. Room was a little dated, but with a very nice comfortable bed. Probably about a 32" Flatscreen TV I never turned on. Parking was fairly reasonable at $13 a night so I didn't bother hunting around to see if there was available street parking nearby. What I saw looked pretty limited. I'm sure if you stake it out you might be able to find something, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. Room was a funny configuration, probably had about 20% more space than a typical room. Thermostat worked great. No noisy fan when the AC/heat unit kicked in. Nice thick shades kept it dark. Thick walls, quiet in the room, despite some loud drunken idiots I could hear down the hall when I left the room. I didn't do much in the hotel but sleep. I was in town for my son's hockey games and was at the rinks most of the time, so I didn't check out the restaurants or other amenities. But what I did experience was fine. Every employee was courteous and classy. In room coffee maker is by request. Didn't realize that in time for the first morning, but maid brought one up when I left a note for the next morning. I've stayed in a few spectacular Hyatt Regency hotels. This isn't one of those. It's just a solid, clean, comfortable upscale room. I'd have no problem staying here again and would feel I got what I paid for up to about $120 a night.

Room Tip: Just be sure to ask for the coffee maker right away. They'll bring one up with coffee, tea, etc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
66Champs, Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for your son's hockey games. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us hope that you’ll choose Hyatt Regency Albuquerque on your next visit! If there’s anything additionally that we can do for you, please let me know at any time. Thanks again!
Ludlow, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Located in central downtown area, easy access to sights, shopping, interstates and not too far from the airport. Easy check in, room is clean, nice accents, very friendly , eager to please staff. Nice office pods downstairs and exercise room is an asset. The one downside is the room has such dry air, I know Albuquerque is quite dry but maybe some humidity would be helpful. Parking is extra grrr, definitely a money maker. Breakfast is not included. I would recommend. The staff makes this hotel worth the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, a humidifier and a coffee maker!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks, Debbie D, for your great feedback and review about our associates. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that our service and location met your needs. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the dry air in your room. We do have a humidifier and will be delighted to provide upon your next trip. The last thing we want is for you to have left on a sour note.

Although the parking garage is a city owned and managed facility, we do believe pricing is competitive with other hotels in downtown Albuquerque.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been staying here since 1992 and noticed multiple changes, but not for the better. On my first stay, I was on the Gold Passport floor, where members were treated to evening drinks & hors d'oeuveres and morning continental breakfast. Now it's a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I have been there twice in the last 2 months, so I knew what to expect. This time, I was not given a parking permit without asking, was not asked if I wanted the daily newspaper delivered or offered my free coffee. There is always a problem with the shower/tub. Tubs drain VERY slowly and the shower head did not fit well, spraying water OVER the curtain & all over the bathroom. My husband was annoyed that there are no in room coffee makers and disappointed that there was no breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The restaurant used to be one of the classiiest in Albuquerque but has gone steadily downhill since its change of name/management although the food is still excellent. Sadly, I think we will be looking for another hotel on out next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to evaluate your recent experience. I am sorry that we did not provide the superior service that is indicative of our hotel. We would appreciate your continued support and hope that this experience will not leave an indelible mark.

Please contact me directly if you find yourself staying in Albuquerque in the future. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next experience is memorable for all the right reasons.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!