“Awful condition” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Houston TX
“Awful condition”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rented two rooms. # 1 had no functioning heat and the TV was not working properly. Engineering arrived after about an hour and corrected both problems. Courteous and compliant. Room decor will thrill you if you are into European airport departure lounges. Room #2 had water from the bathroom leaking into the sleeping quarters, wetting the carpet next to the bed. Foul odor. When these problems were brought to the desk's attention, they rebated our parking fee!

Room Tip: It might be wise to inspect the room before taking possession.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Gladtobethere: Thank you for staying with us. I truly appreciate your feedback and taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. I sincerely apologize about your frustration and inconvenience you experienced as a guest in our hotel. Please know that our Executive Management team did not take your comments lightly and immediately corrected the issues.

I only hope that we will have another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and demonstrate the world-class service that defines our core values.

Please contact me directly should you find yourself staying with us again. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons. Once again, thank you, and I do look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I Pricelined it for $50 a night on a weekend, so my bar isn't terribly high. Room was a little dated, but with a very nice comfortable bed. Probably about a 32" Flatscreen TV I never turned on. Parking was fairly reasonable at $13 a night so I didn't bother hunting around to see if there was available street parking nearby. What I saw looked pretty limited. I'm sure if you stake it out you might be able to find something, but it wasn't worth the effort to me. Room was a funny configuration, probably had about 20% more space than a typical room. Thermostat worked great. No noisy fan when the AC/heat unit kicked in. Nice thick shades kept it dark. Thick walls, quiet in the room, despite some loud drunken idiots I could hear down the hall when I left the room. I didn't do much in the hotel but sleep. I was in town for my son's hockey games and was at the rinks most of the time, so I didn't check out the restaurants or other amenities. But what I did experience was fine. Every employee was courteous and classy. In room coffee maker is by request. Didn't realize that in time for the first morning, but maid brought one up when I left a note for the next morning. I've stayed in a few spectacular Hyatt Regency hotels. This isn't one of those. It's just a solid, clean, comfortable upscale room. I'd have no problem staying here again and would feel I got what I paid for up to about $120 a night.

Room Tip: Just be sure to ask for the coffee maker right away. They'll bring one up with coffee, tea, etc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
66Champs, Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for your son's hockey games. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us hope that you’ll choose Hyatt Regency Albuquerque on your next visit! If there’s anything additionally that we can do for you, please let me know at any time. Thanks again!
Ludlow, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Located in central downtown area, easy access to sights, shopping, interstates and not too far from the airport. Easy check in, room is clean, nice accents, very friendly , eager to please staff. Nice office pods downstairs and exercise room is an asset. The one downside is the room has such dry air, I know Albuquerque is quite dry but maybe some humidity would be helpful. Parking is extra grrr, definitely a money maker. Breakfast is not included. I would recommend. The staff makes this hotel worth the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, a humidifier and a coffee maker!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks, Debbie D, for your great feedback and review about our associates. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that our service and location met your needs. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the dry air in your room. We do have a humidifier and will be delighted to provide upon your next trip. The last thing we want is for you to have left on a sour note.

Although the parking garage is a city owned and managed facility, we do believe pricing is competitive with other hotels in downtown Albuquerque.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again.
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been staying here since 1992 and noticed multiple changes, but not for the better. On my first stay, I was on the Gold Passport floor, where members were treated to evening drinks & hors d'oeuveres and morning continental breakfast. Now it's a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I have been there twice in the last 2 months, so I knew what to expect. This time, I was not given a parking permit without asking, was not asked if I wanted the daily newspaper delivered or offered my free coffee. There is always a problem with the shower/tub. Tubs drain VERY slowly and the shower head did not fit well, spraying water OVER the curtain & all over the bathroom. My husband was annoyed that there are no in room coffee makers and disappointed that there was no breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The restaurant used to be one of the classiiest in Albuquerque but has gone steadily downhill since its change of name/management although the food is still excellent. Sadly, I think we will be looking for another hotel on out next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to evaluate your recent experience. I am sorry that we did not provide the superior service that is indicative of our hotel. We would appreciate your continued support and hope that this experience will not leave an indelible mark.

Please contact me directly if you find yourself staying in Albuquerque in the future. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next experience is memorable for all the right reasons.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency is a good hotel with some great amenities in downtown Albuquerque. The workout facility is one of the best I've encountered for any hotel. It contains multiple elliptical, bike and running machines with a free weight area. However, it has a bonus rubber floor stretching area with mirrored walls that allows you to do other exercises too. Free headphones are available and cleaned daily. Nice pool area on the 3rd floor. Friendly staff always greeted me at the front desk. I wish they focused on a little more cleanliness and provided a free shuttle service like the Doubletree nearby. Unfortunately, there's an abundant homeless population around the hotel that you need to circumvent while hitting the few restaurants and bars around the corner.

• Stayed October 2012
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi robostrow: Thank you for noting that we have a friendly staff and one of the best fitness centers! Your positive feedback, as well as the areas where we could improve, have been shared with our team. Thank you again for staying and look forward to seeing you again!
Scottsdale, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here one night on a our cross country trip.

The hotel is immaculate and in a great part of town. The room exceeded our expectations, and since it was a Sunday, they upgraded us to a room on a high floor with a beautiful view of the mountains. The bed was very comfortable (like all Hyatts!), modern and had all the amenities.

As an added bonus, they were filming a movie scene in the lobby for Leah Thompson's daughter's film debut, so there was a lot of activity.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor with a view of the mountains. Sunday night they seem to be less crowded...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AZ Sage: Wow! Looks like you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your exciting review. We will continue to provide only the best in genuine Southwestern hospitality and look forward to seeing you soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference during the Balloon Fiesta. I thought the staff was great, room was extremely comfortable (a bit loud the first night, but a quick call to the front desk got that resolved). Gilbert was kind enough to locate my very ancient Hyatt rewards number. Great view of the balloon ascent from the top floor. Great stay - very enjoyable. I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Albuquerque. Loved getting a free Starbucks instead of the normal subpar coffee that most hotels offer.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Laurie_loves_gators: Thank you for your nice review about our hotel and commenting how friendly our staff is, especially Gilbert. One advantage of being the tallest hotels in Albuquerque is that you can see the balloons for miles during Balloon Fiesta.

We appreciate you for being a Hyatt gold passport member and know that you will continue to enjoy the many Hyatt perks that come with this exclusive membership. Sounds like we are your hotel of choice when staying in the Duke City. Wishing you safe travels and see you soon!

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!