“Clean, friendly, well located” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #52 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Ludlow, Massachusetts, United States
“Clean, friendly, well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Located in central downtown area, easy access to sights, shopping, interstates and not too far from the airport. Easy check in, room is clean, nice accents, very friendly , eager to please staff. Nice office pods downstairs and exercise room is an asset. The one downside is the room has such dry air, I know Albuquerque is quite dry but maybe some humidity would be helpful. Parking is extra grrr, definitely a money maker. Breakfast is not included. I would recommend. The staff makes this hotel worth the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, a humidifier and a coffee maker!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thanks, Debbie D, for your great feedback and review about our associates. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that our service and location met your needs. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the dry air in your room. We do have a humidifier and will be delighted to provide upon your next trip. The last thing we want is for you to have left on a sour note.

Although the parking garage is a city owned and managed facility, we do believe pricing is competitive with other hotels in downtown Albuquerque.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been staying here since 1992 and noticed multiple changes, but not for the better. On my first stay, I was on the Gold Passport floor, where members were treated to evening drinks & hors d'oeuveres and morning continental breakfast. Now it's a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I have been there twice in the last 2 months, so I knew what to expect. This time, I was not given a parking permit without asking, was not asked if I wanted the daily newspaper delivered or offered my free coffee. There is always a problem with the shower/tub. Tubs drain VERY slowly and the shower head did not fit well, spraying water OVER the curtain & all over the bathroom. My husband was annoyed that there are no in room coffee makers and disappointed that there was no breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The restaurant used to be one of the classiiest in Albuquerque but has gone steadily downhill since its change of name/management although the food is still excellent. Sadly, I think we will be looking for another hotel on out next trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to evaluate your recent experience. I am sorry that we did not provide the superior service that is indicative of our hotel. We would appreciate your continued support and hope that this experience will not leave an indelible mark.

Please contact me directly if you find yourself staying in Albuquerque in the future. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next experience is memorable for all the right reasons.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency is a good hotel with some great amenities in downtown Albuquerque. The workout facility is one of the best I've encountered for any hotel. It contains multiple elliptical, bike and running machines with a free weight area. However, it has a bonus rubber floor stretching area with mirrored walls that allows you to do other exercises too. Free headphones are available and cleaned daily. Nice pool area on the 3rd floor. Friendly staff always greeted me at the front desk. I wish they focused on a little more cleanliness and provided a free shuttle service like the Doubletree nearby. Unfortunately, there's an abundant homeless population around the hotel that you need to circumvent while hitting the few restaurants and bars around the corner.

• Stayed October 2012
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi robostrow: Thank you for noting that we have a friendly staff and one of the best fitness centers! Your positive feedback, as well as the areas where we could improve, have been shared with our team. Thank you again for staying and look forward to seeing you again!
Scottsdale, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here one night on a our cross country trip.

The hotel is immaculate and in a great part of town. The room exceeded our expectations, and since it was a Sunday, they upgraded us to a room on a high floor with a beautiful view of the mountains. The bed was very comfortable (like all Hyatts!), modern and had all the amenities.

As an added bonus, they were filming a movie scene in the lobby for Leah Thompson's daughter's film debut, so there was a lot of activity.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor with a view of the mountains. Sunday night they seem to be less crowded...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AZ Sage: Wow! Looks like you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your exciting review. We will continue to provide only the best in genuine Southwestern hospitality and look forward to seeing you soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference during the Balloon Fiesta. I thought the staff was great, room was extremely comfortable (a bit loud the first night, but a quick call to the front desk got that resolved). Gilbert was kind enough to locate my very ancient Hyatt rewards number. Great view of the balloon ascent from the top floor. Great stay - very enjoyable. I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Albuquerque. Loved getting a free Starbucks instead of the normal subpar coffee that most hotels offer.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Laurie_loves_gators: Thank you for your nice review about our hotel and commenting how friendly our staff is, especially Gilbert. One advantage of being the tallest hotels in Albuquerque is that you can see the balloons for miles during Balloon Fiesta.

We appreciate you for being a Hyatt gold passport member and know that you will continue to enjoy the many Hyatt perks that come with this exclusive membership. Sounds like we are your hotel of choice when staying in the Duke City. Wishing you safe travels and see you soon!
Milford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed 10 DAYS at the Hyatt Regency Hotel IN Albuquerque,NM in September 2012. My room was super, comfortable and kept clean every day. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It is close to everything,easy to sightsee and get to my family. The staff was very helpful with directions. The valet parking was well worth it especially if you are traveling alone which I was. The restaurant had delicious food and service was superb. The pool and the exercise room were fun and really nice. i could walk so many great places and felt safe.
I got sick and the VP of client services-Demetrus-came to see me and when I got back to the hotel from the hospital there were roses in my room and a note wishing me health and help if I needed it!!

I will always stay there when i go to NM and anywhere I go I will stay at a Hyatt.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and could see the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OHIAWA: I personally thank you for the generous and kind comments regarding your 10-day stay and was glad to help while you were sick. As with all of our guests, customer service is very important to us and we are committed to providing the ultimate service. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. See you again!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was here for three nights at a meeting in the hotel (and did a small amount of sightseeing.

The hotel appears to be a well-managed Hyatt that does a chunk of meeting/wedding/convention/etc. business. Checkin was straightforward. I mentioned I was sharing a room with a colleague and reception offered to setup the bill as a split when I first checked in (rather than having to take longer to do that when we checked out). Sunken lobby and bar is a great place to meet people but the center of the lobby is a large table with outlets (obviously for people with devices). Also one of these in the bar. In some respects, a very convenient addition, but not terribly aesthetic as the lobby centerpiece. Meeting rooms are good sized and A/V that was hired by the conference (PSAV) provided good service. My only complaint about the meeting rooms is that they're distributed in a rather odd fashion and the ones in the very back of the hotel are only ADA accessible through the service hallways. Odd arrangement.

The room was good, decent size...no complaints with housekeeping (in fact, housekeeping was a little too eager to get into the room in the morning...so I guess my only complaint). Beds were OK but box springs were surprisingly noisy. We were in room 509 (which faced north towards the central plaza...rather sterile view but OK). Third-floor outdoor pool and jacuzzi were very pleasant.

The restaurant and bar are both waaaay more expensive than they need to be given it's in Albuquerque. Cafe Lush (3 blocks away on Tijeras and 7th) does a really good breakfast and there's any number of lunch/dinner places downtown. I disagree with previous poster and using a cab/car to get to Old Town...the Rapid Ride bus works great and is only $1. Also, there is a downtown circulator bus in case you don't want to walk. The main downtown transit (which many of the buses go and where one catches the RailRunner to Santa Fe is about 4 blocks from the hotel.

Now having said that, if you really want to see what ABQ has to offer, you do need a car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle Red Bear, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying at our property. We really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the areas where we could improve. I can assure you, I will share your comments with our team and ensure we continue to improve. Thank you again for staying and look forward seeing you again!

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!