“Great place to stay, get the room with a view” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #52 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Scottsdale, Az
“Great place to stay, get the room with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here one night on a our cross country trip.

The hotel is immaculate and in a great part of town. The room exceeded our expectations, and since it was a Sunday, they upgraded us to a room on a high floor with a beautiful view of the mountains. The bed was very comfortable (like all Hyatts!), modern and had all the amenities.

As an added bonus, they were filming a movie scene in the lobby for Leah Thompson's daughter's film debut, so there was a lot of activity.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor with a view of the mountains. Sunday night they seem to be less crowded...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
AZ Sage: Wow! Looks like you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your exciting review. We will continue to provide only the best in genuine Southwestern hospitality and look forward to seeing you soon!

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference during the Balloon Fiesta. I thought the staff was great, room was extremely comfortable (a bit loud the first night, but a quick call to the front desk got that resolved). Gilbert was kind enough to locate my very ancient Hyatt rewards number. Great view of the balloon ascent from the top floor. Great stay - very enjoyable. I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Albuquerque. Loved getting a free Starbucks instead of the normal subpar coffee that most hotels offer.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Laurie_loves_gators: Thank you for your nice review about our hotel and commenting how friendly our staff is, especially Gilbert. One advantage of being the tallest hotels in Albuquerque is that you can see the balloons for miles during Balloon Fiesta.

We appreciate you for being a Hyatt gold passport member and know that you will continue to enjoy the many Hyatt perks that come with this exclusive membership. Sounds like we are your hotel of choice when staying in the Duke City. Wishing you safe travels and see you soon!
Milford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed 10 DAYS at the Hyatt Regency Hotel IN Albuquerque,NM in September 2012. My room was super, comfortable and kept clean every day. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It is close to everything,easy to sightsee and get to my family. The staff was very helpful with directions. The valet parking was well worth it especially if you are traveling alone which I was. The restaurant had delicious food and service was superb. The pool and the exercise room were fun and really nice. i could walk so many great places and felt safe.
I got sick and the VP of client services-Demetrus-came to see me and when I got back to the hotel from the hospital there were roses in my room and a note wishing me health and help if I needed it!!

I will always stay there when i go to NM and anywhere I go I will stay at a Hyatt.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and could see the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OHIAWA: I personally thank you for the generous and kind comments regarding your 10-day stay and was glad to help while you were sick. As with all of our guests, customer service is very important to us and we are committed to providing the ultimate service. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. See you again!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was here for three nights at a meeting in the hotel (and did a small amount of sightseeing.

The hotel appears to be a well-managed Hyatt that does a chunk of meeting/wedding/convention/etc. business. Checkin was straightforward. I mentioned I was sharing a room with a colleague and reception offered to setup the bill as a split when I first checked in (rather than having to take longer to do that when we checked out). Sunken lobby and bar is a great place to meet people but the center of the lobby is a large table with outlets (obviously for people with devices). Also one of these in the bar. In some respects, a very convenient addition, but not terribly aesthetic as the lobby centerpiece. Meeting rooms are good sized and A/V that was hired by the conference (PSAV) provided good service. My only complaint about the meeting rooms is that they're distributed in a rather odd fashion and the ones in the very back of the hotel are only ADA accessible through the service hallways. Odd arrangement.

The room was good, decent size...no complaints with housekeeping (in fact, housekeeping was a little too eager to get into the room in the morning...so I guess my only complaint). Beds were OK but box springs were surprisingly noisy. We were in room 509 (which faced north towards the central plaza...rather sterile view but OK). Third-floor outdoor pool and jacuzzi were very pleasant.

The restaurant and bar are both waaaay more expensive than they need to be given it's in Albuquerque. Cafe Lush (3 blocks away on Tijeras and 7th) does a really good breakfast and there's any number of lunch/dinner places downtown. I disagree with previous poster and using a cab/car to get to Old Town...the Rapid Ride bus works great and is only $1. Also, there is a downtown circulator bus in case you don't want to walk. The main downtown transit (which many of the buses go and where one catches the RailRunner to Santa Fe is about 4 blocks from the hotel.

Now having said that, if you really want to see what ABQ has to offer, you do need a car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle Red Bear, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying at our property. We really do appreciate your positive feedback as well as the areas where we could improve. I can assure you, I will share your comments with our team and ensure we continue to improve. Thank you again for staying and look forward seeing you again!
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Got a very good rate for this hotel on a third party site. Flight arrived fairly late, I requested a wake up call when I checked in that I did not receive, and was comped breakfast when I checked out. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, staff was pleasant, breakfast was very good, convenient location near the convention center. Hotel would have gotten another star if I would have gotten the wake up call.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear alashas: We thank you for the candid feedback and appreciate you bringing to our attention the missed wake-up call. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Our hotel's executive management team has addressed the issue and our hotel staff will work harder to prevent a future recurrence.

We are glad to know that our associates were accomodating and breakfast in Forque Kitchen and Bar was very good. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations and invite you back to experience the superior service that is indicative of Hyatt Regency Albuquerque. Thank you.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you're in Albuquerque for a convention, the location of this hotel is hard to beat. The convention center is across the street. They also accept shipments. They charge $10 a box, but it was cheaper than sending to our stuff to the convention center. They were also very quick to bring it out of the storeroom.

Valet parking is $18 a day, not cheap, but parking on the street is not a great option. The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and well appointed. This Hyatt is above average of the three Hyatt's we've stayed at in the last year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hello boxster12: Thank you for expressing your satisfaction regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is truly a pleasure to know that the hard work and commitment of our staff is greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you return.
Bowling Green, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Had a conference at this property and the hotel was good for that purpose. The hotel staff were very helpful and the meeting rooms were in good condition. My group plans to continue using the property. Just a reminder plan to use cabs or personal cars to get to old town.

• Stayed October 2012
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
treecatcher: Thank you for your valuable feedback about our hotel. It is great to see that your conference will be back with us and that our associates were helpful and welcoming. Looks like we made a positive, memorable impression with your group and will continue to do so!

We value your business and know that we will see you very soon. Safe travels!

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!