I came away from the Alb. Hyatt with very mixed feelings. As previous reviewers noted, the hotel is undergoing extensive and loud renovations. My reservation confirmation DID indicate that I would be walking into this situation. And indeed, I needed no alarm clock--the drilling at 8am was all I needed.
I received a renovated room and the furnishings and bathroom fixtures are quite nice. The bed was comfy except that the linens provided few options--one sheet and a thick down comforter. The comforter was cozy but made me really hot. I couldn't quite ever get my comfort level just right. Despite the construction noise, the hotel seemed pretty quiet.
Others have given negative reviews of the staff. My experience was that the staff was fairly nice, but rather incompetent. My reservation was never correct and never corrected upon twice discussing the dates of my stay.
The Restaurant (McGraths): overpriced and outfitted with inexperienced (but friendly) waitstaff. Service is slow. Menu is fair and food is okay. Food options are sparce within walking distance which is a shame since the convention center brings in so many people. This, then, causes cab lines to form which is a poor use of time.
Sundries shop: Hours are not convenient. It closes no later than 7pm. What makes matters worse is that vending machines on guest room floors do not have bottled water.
Hint: I found a 7-11 convenience store about a block south of the hotel.
If returning to Albuquerque in the future, I will opt to stay somewhere else, unless my business is at the convention center. Even so, I will look into other choices before choosing this hotel.
In closing, I think part of my challenge with my experience at this hotel is that there isn't much around it. Downtown seemed really dead, despite this one area dedicated to celebrating Route 66. I walked a few blocks to where I thought I'd see fun restaurants, etc, but found the street to be revved up with loud motorcycles--not fun or really safe for a single traveler.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.