“Great hotel, but look out for added fees” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #55 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Great hotel, but look out for added fees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We got this hotel through Priceline for a great price. However, we were disappointed when we checked in to find that parking ($13-20) and wifi ($15) was additional. Nice and clean hotel, as expected for a Hyatt. Starbucks on the ground floor was a plus. There didn't appear to be much in walking distance to the hotel. We ate at Monroe's Mexican Food, which was DELICIOUS! Make sure to check out old town Albuquerque for LOTS of great artisan shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dana L: Thank you for the 4-star review and feedback about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us during your travels and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Friendswood, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is well maintained, which is much appreciated. The lobby is little more opulent than the rooms but they are comfortable. The bathrooms could use a little updating. The bed was very comfortable and we had great sweeping views on two sides. I don't understand why cheap motels offer free wi-fi, but a place as nice as this insists on charging for it. It is only free in the common areas, not in the guest rooms. There are a few shops in the lobby area but two of them are closing soon. There isn't much to see and do in the immediate area. The nearby galleria is nearly empty. This is a good place to stay if you are in town for a convention with activities planned for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
JourneyBabe:

Thank you for giving us 4-stars and commenting that our hotel is well maintained. We appreciate your review and are pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

You can't beat the location if you have a conference downtown. Just a couple of blocks to the tourist (main) street and a short taxi ride to old town. My room was clean and comfortable (1708). I would avoid that room as the air conditioner was not great and felt stuffy in the room (the other people I was with said that theirs were great). I have to credit the staff with great attitudes. That really does make the difference. Now, as with other hotel chains like this, they want to nickel and dime you. I think that any hotel that charges for internet because "it can" is not business friendly. Also, you have to request a coffee pot to have one. Weird. I like coffee when I am getting ready in the morning in my room. I bet they do not save that much money to offset the irritation factor. The restaurant had good food (had breakfast and dinner). I had to work in my room and ordered an appetizer. They put it in a "to go" box with sour cream and garnish directly in the bottom of the box. By the time I got to the room, everything was mixed together and the appetizer soggy. Again, weird. If I was not on business, I would probably not stay here because of the Internet. Other than that, it is a pretty good 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Check the room. 1708 was turned to 60 degrees when I checked in. For good reason. Another room ne...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you, Camcolo, for taking the time to complete a review and comment about our staff and services. Our engineers have looked into the A/C issue and restaurant management were notified about your soggy appetizer. We sincerely apologize about this and invite you back to see that we have corrected your concerns.

Please know that customer service is very important to us. We are happy to do all we can to accommodate every one of our guest needs. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Vallecitos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed at Hyatt frequently in the past, however, The Albuquerque Hyatt Regency definitely exceeded my expectations. From the first two staff members I encountered, Hassan, the friendly doorman who greeted me on my arrival, and Janelle, the lovely young lady at the front desk, the staff was charming. Small problems were resolved with grace and alacrity. Every long stay in a large establishment will have a few minor bumps, but anything I mentioned was attended to cheerfully and immediately, making me feel like a valued guest. I have always like Hyatt but the entire staff at this Hyatt is the best I have ever encountered. This staff is a shining example to the entire hotel industry. They could give lessons to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear cougar2shoes:

Thank you for the great 5 star review and we appreciate the extremely positive feedback you have posted. We will make sure that Hassan, Janelle and staff are recognized for the outstanding customer service.

We will consistently exceed your expectations and look forward to your next visit.
Mount Vernon, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

As others have pointed out, the service here is better than average and very friendly, though
not every person at the desk was equally helpful. The room was lovely, but the beds were hard for my taste. It was impossible to control the temp in the room and eventually had to turn the AC entirely off to raise it to a comfortable level. The entire hotel is kept icy cold, which some folk may love. The pool is quite nice as are the two small Jacuzzis. The elevators require the insertion of the room card to operate and we found this cumbersome as the card was not always accepted immediately and found ourselves frequently taking unplanned trips to unintended floors. The restaurant in the hotel (Forque) was unexpectedly pleasant. A convenient location for our purposes.

Room Tip: I would imagine the only significant difference would be the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear CarolSS:

Thank you for staying with us and the 4-star review. We appreciate your feedback and will work to correct the concerns you mentioned. Our Engineers have were informed about the AC thermostat in your room and have tested the elevator key reader access to ensure proper functioning. The security of our guests is one of our top priorities and we apologize that you took unplanned trips to other floors. Thanks for experiencing Forque Kitchen and Bar and I invite you back to our hotel. See you soon!
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We picked it because it had generally good reviews on Trip Advisor and was in a convenient downtown location.
Pros:
-We really enjoyed the breakfast that was included in the rate. While I realize you are ultimately paying for this, the food was excellent and the portions, very generous. We often ate smaller lunches as a result.
-The rooms were nice and a good size. They have free wireless in the lobby and wireless in the room for a charge. It's nice to have it free in the lobby but not convenient.
-The fitness room was great! I've stayed at 4 hotels this month and this was by far, the best one we've been to. Good equipment with a nice variety, for a hotel fitness room.
-Reasonable rate for parking, given it is downtown, with in and out priviledges

Cons
-My husband got to the hotel before I did and checked in. When he got to the room, he said it had a smell to it, like a dog. My husband is not at all particular, so for him to complain, it must have been bad. He did get moved but the second room also had a weird smell, which we got used to and stayed in.
-Housekeeping: While the room was clean, I have two nits. They highlight the
fact that they want to be environmentally concious and will only change sheets and towels at your request. Well, we always made a point to hang our towels so we could reuse them, only to have housekeepinng replace them day after day!
-We requested a coffee maker in our room, which was promptly provided. But, housekeeping only replenished the coffee after our first nigh. The coffee maker was sitting out, so it isn't like it was hidden from view so they didn't know we had one. We had to go get our own coffee from the front desk, who ended up being out, so it was delivered. This might be a small thing but it was very frustrating to us having to ask for it when we were clearly using the coffee.
-The bathrooms, or at least the showers, need to be updated. They are really old and disgusting looking and detract from the overall impression of the room, which was nice otherwise.
-Parking-if you have a big car, it will be difficult because the spots are small. And if you go on the week-end, it might be full due to weddings. At one point, they had a sign that said 'full' but given that we were paying for it, we went in anyway and found a spot because someone had just left. I'm not sure what we would have done if it really was full

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear kiwifsu:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and giving us a 4-star rating. Your candid feedback regarding housekeeping and parking issues you experienced is greatly appreciated. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations and warmly invite you back to give us another try when back in Albuquerque.
Peekskill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hyatt recently for a conference and enjoyed my stay. I stayed in a panoramic room where the views were spectacular. The room was spacious and comfortable as was the bathroom. The only drawback to the room was that there were some sort of stains on the armchair, so I never sat on it.

The staff ranging from the hotel clerks who reassured me about the parking garage when I left early in the morning. To the concierge who provided excellent guidance to the area. To housekeeping who spoiled me with extra blankets, towels and toiletries and last but not least, to the room service attendants who were amazing, I cannot say enough about the service I experienced at the Hyatt during my stay.

I did eat breakfast several times at Forque. It was good but pricey. The area around the hotel was dicey, but the Hyatt had good security measures in place so I felt comfortable there.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear Andyh07, Thank you for the great review. It appears that you enjoyed being at our hotel and received excellent customer service from our entire team! We are excited to see that we hit our goal of exceeding your expectation in all aspects of your stay. Thank you and we will see you again.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!