I actually secured this hotel through Priceline at the last minute, so I didn't know what to expect. The lobby gave me pause, as it was sparse and consisted of a couple of chairs and a table where the desk clerk and her friend (?) were have a take-in dinner from a nearby fast food place.
The desk clerk got up to shoo several tattooed girls from the lobby (prostitutes ?) and then came back to the desk.
Things dramatically picked up from here.The clerk was knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. I asked for a first floor room (I had a lot of gear) and she said she would give me one, but a few doors down from the outside entrance as, "it will be a lot quieter."
The room itself had recently been completely redone and was spacious and quiet. With Priceline, it was a great deal.
For breakfast, the Owl Cafe was perfect, and I was off and running. The hotel is convenient to gas stations, major roads, etc. Don't know about the conference part of the hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Hotel & Conference Center is your affordable choice for an Albuquerque getaway. Our 150-room property, located in the NE Heights near the Sandia Mountains, is 1.5 blocks off of I-40. All rooms feature the new Ramada bedding packages along with the Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses. We also have two on-site restaurants (Sadie's and the Owl Cafe), a beautiful courtyard area with a large outdoor pool and a hot tub. Our hotel is also located across the street from Los Altos Park - an ideal choice for baseball and softball teams. Rates include the Deluxe Breakfast Buffet featuring hot food items (biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs and waffles), continental food items (cereal, fruit, sweet bread and yogurt) and beverages (assorted juices, coffee and tea). Our hotel has plenty of free on-site parking for large vehicles (motor coaches and trucks) and we also accept pets with a one-time non-refundable fee for each pet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and HostelBookers so you can book your Ramada Albuquerque East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hotel Albuquerque
- Ramada Hotel And Conference Center
- Howard Johnson Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Courtyard
- Courtyard Hotel Albuquerque