“This is THE WORST hotel EVER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn And Suites Albuquerque

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn And Suites Albuquerque to your Saves list
Baymont Inn And Suites Albuquerque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5101 Ellison NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109 (Formerly Hampton Inn Albuquerque North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #58 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Boulder City, Nevada
“This is THE WORST hotel EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I always stay at a Hampton Inn while traveling. This was one of the originals which is why it has outside access rather than the standart inside. That wasnt the problem. THE STAFF, including the manager on duty had this attitude that is not at all customer friendly. Breakfast is until 10am. We woke up late as we got in late. We were told at 9:45 am that there was no more main entree and at this late hour it would take that long to make it so ......but we were insistant and that became the crux of a huge customer dissatisfaction. The manager was ok with just giving us our money back and not at all taking action on his staff who said "I just want to go home" rather than make extra breakfast. They actually start putting breakfast away while other customers were trying to get breakfast as well. The situation was terrible. I would never recommend this hotel. EVER.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chico, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Pros:
-Friendly and helpful staff.
-Clean.
-Spacious room.

Cons:
-Older property.
-No mini-fridge/microwave for the price.
-WiFi problems.

Our Volkswagen broke down stranding us in Albuquerque. After being towed to the VW dealership we decided to just walk across the street and get a room for the night at the Hampton Inn. I guess you would call that conveniently located! The young lady that checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. We explained that we may need the room for additional nights but that we were unsure due to our situation. She put a hold on our room for us and gave us a super late check out time. Satisfied so far, we headed for our room at which point we began to notice just how old this Hampton Inn is. This is the only Hampton Inn I've stayed at that has outside access to the rooms. There is thankfully an elevator. Although everything is maintained to acceptable levels, once you leave your room you don't feel like you're staying at a Hampton Inn (although you ARE paying for it.) Our room was more spacious than I expected. There was a nice work desk that included a leather office chair. The room also had a comfortable lounge chair. There was no mini-fridge/microwave for the price which is always disappointing. We were unable to connect to the free WiFi on multiple devices and had to call the 1-800 number for customer support. It seemed like the Inn's WiFi signal was spotty. The room was clean and the decor was nicely done. Our stay was comfortable. I would stay at this Hampton Inn again, but I bet I could do better for the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is well located off the freeway (I-25) and fairly well maintained, but older. Room with 2 beds was crowded. Breakfast is uninspiring. We really needed a refrigerator because it was hot and we had perishables, but there are only FOUR of them available for the 114 room hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
California, US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Was traveling through ALBQ on the way to somewhere else, and stopped here to spend one night. Price seemed reasonable @95 for a Hampton...but now that we are here, the price is not so great! Definitely more of a $75 motel than a good hotel. All doors are accessed via outdoors so I can smell the smokers outside inside my room, and the walls are paper thin...which is also not so great when the person next door has a barking dog! The sheets weren't the cleanest either...definitely an old motel. I would suggest paying $20 more up the street at the Hilton Garden; this area is perfect for stopovers.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Issaquah, WA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Nice rooms and breakfast room right off I-40. Lady who takes care of the breakfast room is very friendly and helpful. She really tries hard. They even have breakfast bag lunches, if you don't have time to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I was surprised to find this Hampton on my planned route. The cost was well under the others in this city. The reason I surmise is that this property is older than the others. This Hampton is 3 stories with one exterior elevator at the rear of the property. There are exterior stairs as well to get to the upper floors. The rooms are all exterior entry. The room I was in had a queen sized bed and a sofa. These two pieces along with a desk and a chest with the TV on top made the room feel very cramped. I had to move the desk chair to the side of the desk otherwise I could not get past it to the bathroom. I would not want to stay in this room more than a night. It was clean and appointed tastefully, as all Hamptons are. I did not need the business center. But I did see it on the fringe of the dining area. If I would have used it I would until after 10 AM to get some quiet and privacy. The breakfast was what I have come to expect lately, a bland cheese omelet and sausage. There is a outdoor pool at the rear of the property. I did not use it, but it does look clean and properly maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall I would say if you have the need for a night's rest in north Albuquerque and want to save some money try this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Montgomery Village, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Easy access to the interstate system make this a convenient location. Only access to rooms is outside - could be a problem in bad weather. No way to recharge batteries without unplugging something. Breakfast was never totally ready at the advertised 6 AM. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Staff always helpful. Not my favorite Hampton Inn but I would stay there again. The problems were relatively minor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Baymont Inn And Suites Albuquerque? Share your experiences!