“10.oo less than comfort inn & more Tv channels, less breakfast & points, tho.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge East

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
somwhere in the southwest
“10.oo less than comfort inn & more Tv channels, less breakfast & points, tho.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

stayed here on day three of the BIG storm a few weeks ago.manager was very accomodating regarding CC used to reserve for me via a colleague back home when i got stranded in the storm & my blackberry was acting up.(30 below). coffee pot tended to empty quickly, but when i came in to the office around 6pm the desk clerk gave me his mcdonalds cofee he had just bought, but not opened when he realised the pot was empty. a little on the high side at $39.99, but worth it. unfortunately, the morning i checked out, a water main froze on the property, ann, good thing i had taken a bath the nigth before,but again, it was 30 below out, and abq architecture doesnt take such extremes into consideration.breakfast was very continental, muffins, coffee.points posted promptly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
JayShah87123, Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your amazing review. We strive hard for satisfying our guest and make them experience a pleasant stay. We appreciate your compliments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and flexible with my visit and had an overall cheery attitude. The room was clean and nice with little to no noise to disturb me. I also appreciated that this hotel was within walking distance of a grocery store, McDonald's, and a Waffle House making it even more convenient. While it was not a lavish stay, it was nice, and you can't beat the price. I definitely recommend budget travelers make a stop here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
On behalf of the staff of Econolodge east I would like to thank you for your amazing review. We strive hard for satisfying our guest and make them experience a pleasant stay. We appreciate your compliments.
Carlsbad, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights during the beginning of Balloon Fiesta in 2010. It was booked, there was at least one staff on each of the 3 floors at all times! I felt like they were insuring our safety. Even the Owner helped in the Maintenance of the Motel & in Assisting the Guests. I found all of the Staff in the Office, the Maids, & the Maintenance to go out of their way to make our stay a pleasant & enjoyabe one. There is a 24 Waffle House in front of the Motel that also serves really good sandwiches! We had a Great Stay & will definitely stay here again!!!!! It is extremely safe & close to everything. Wish we would've gotten a picture of the Motel with The Waffle House in front!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your amazing revewi. We strive to make every guest's stay as pleasant as we can. It is gratifying to hear that we have.
arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I have been coming to this hotel for 5 months and have found the staff to be very helpful and kind. I have been in multiple rooms and they have been clean and everything worked. This is not a Hilton and you're not paying for one if you come here. If you want a clean reasonably priced place, they I would recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Fairfax, Va.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

Rooms are being upgraded, as I saw new carpet being installed. If you need a quiet place to stay, near the interstate, this will serve the bill

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your amazing review. We strive hard for satisfying our guest and make them experience a pleasant stay. The rooms are upgraded and hope to see you back.
High Rolls, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

I travel to Albuquerque almost every week at stay at this Econo Lodge. The staff is professional and friendly. The rooms are always in first rate condition. I would recommend this Econo Lodge to any weary traveller.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Albuquerque, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

Ww booked this property for 3 nights to accomodate my elderly aunt and her 2 dogs. Her mobile home was being moved from the mountains surrounding Albuquerque into a nice park in the city, but it meant she had to find somewhere to stay for a few days. There were unexpected delays in moving her home (mostly weather related) and we needed to extend her stay by 4 more nights. I asked if they had a weekly rate and the young man who was at the desk told me that they did and said we could adapt my aunt's reservation to the weekly rate. He said he would leave instructions for the lady on duty the next day, as I was unable to get there until then. The next day the woman on duty saw the note left by her co-worker the day before, but said this could not be done. She called the manager who agreeed that this stay could not be charged the weekly rate. This, of course, was after their own employee told me otherwise. We checked out and I found another property. All I can say is that this place does not honor their employees commitments. I would never book this place again. It was not that great either. Very small rooms that looked like they had not had a really deep cleaning in a while. The continental breakfast is a joke.

• Liked — Allowed pets
  • Disliked — Terrible customer service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
JayShah87123, Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Values Guest
On behalf of the Management and Staff of the Econolodge East in Albuquerque, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. It is always our desire to make every stay a memorable one. Its our policy that days already stayed cannot be counted in a weekly rate. The current day decided to stay as weekly marks the beginning of weekly rate. The staff was new and was not clear about it. We have well trained staffs now and the rooms are already upgraded. We think you'll be pleased on your next trip -- we hope you'll give us another chance.

Been to Econo Lodge East? Share your experiences!