“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Niskayuna, New York
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 3 nights in August 2014. Overall, it is a positive experience, clean and quiet hi-floor room and nice amenities (tried the outdoors swimming pool, nice in August :) ). My only concern was the wireless internet package I bought with my room, seems like it does not like my VPN connection and kept on knocking me out. I spoke to front desk personnel who were very helpful and promptly changed my room to another one with a wired connection, and problem was gone. Otherwise, I spotted few minor scratches here and there, but am personally not that concerned about these considering the level of cleanliness.

Verdict: Stay there comfortably if you have work to do in northern Albuquerque, will spare your highway driving.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a wired internet connection if you need a secured VPN connection. Their wireles...
Green Features: I observed a posted note in the bathroom asking guests if they'd like to hang towels and reuse. Good point.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Dear The_Last_Pharaoh,

Thank you for your review and for your kind words. We really appreciate it and look forward to your next visit!

Lima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed a week here. Check in a breeze. Very friendly people. Rooms are good, no fridge though. I mention this because New Mexican cuisine can be abundant and you may be tempted to bring a doggy bag to the hotel, but no place to store it. While at the bar, try the local brew, very good beers. Breakfast buffet is good, however, the selection is repetitive and may use a change of offerings, once in a while.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank VMiyakawa
Dear VMiyakawa,

What a nice review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff loved hearing your comment about them. During you next visit, we recommend booking one of our suites. They have refrigerators and microwaves in them. Perfect for those take homes from the great restaurants we have in the city.
Steyr, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Wife likes this Marriott as one of her favorites. Likes the open interior design which is reminiscent of the Marriott Marquis in Manhattan and Atlanta. We usually stop there when passing through to somewhere else when we are traveling on I-40. It is worth the drive 6 miles north.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
Dear Yodeler,

Thank you for your nice review and we are glad that you and your wife enjoy our hotel so much. Our atrium is one of my favorite features of the hotel and it offers such an open yet warm feel. Travel safe and we look forward to your next visit,
Sedona, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was there for two nights this month and there was an overwhelming smell of sweat in the room, like someone with b.o. had sat on the upholstered chair and they couldn't get the smell out. It followed me to one side of the bed so I slept on the opposite side and piled pillows up trying to get away from it. I found a remote control under the ottoman so I suppose the housekeeper avoided that chair too, because there was another remote by the television.
This was my second stay at the hotel and just like the last time the business area is monopolized by teenage boys playing with the computers making it impossible for travelers to print boarding passes. With wifi being an added cost, this is a real sore spot for me. Come on guys, it's bad enough to rip people off with outrageous wifi charges, at least monitor the business center and make sure it's being used by your customers who need it for business, not parents who are using it for babysitting.
Nice bar on the lobby floor.
The hotel is directly off the interstate and it seems like every time I go there is a huge traffic jam and construction around the exit.

Room Tip: Avoid room 520, it smells bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
2 Thank vikitorisedona
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear vikitorisedona,
We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us and have shared your comments with the team to address. We hope you enjoy the reminder of the summer.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

To be fair, almost every hotel in Albuquerque is in the middle of nowhere. It is fairly unimpressive city with poor public transport and the various suburbs linked by freeways. You definitively need a car. The hotel seemed to be in an office park area. We were using it as a base for trips to Santa Fe and other places in New Mexico but if you are looking for a hotel within a walk of anything like restaurants give this hotel a miss. The hotel is very dated with an atrium full of plastic plants.

We travelled from Overseas, stayed for three nights and are elite members but they gave us a room on the second floor overlooking the roof of the conference centre and a forrest of satellite dishes! Breakfast was ordinary. Pillows uncomfortable and while there is a pool it was crowded with screaming kids so gave it a miss. If I ever return to Albuquerque I would stay in the historic old town which is lovely. There are some nice hotels there.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor overlooking the mountains.
Green Features: I didn't see any environmentally friendly practices other than the usual ones like reusing your towels.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank MarkLaurence
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
DearMarkLaurence,

We appreciate you staying with us and your feedback. Please accept our apologies that you did not receive a room on a higher floor and we are looking into this with the team. We hope that enjoyed your trip overall to New Mexico and will come back to our State again to continue to experience all the many wonderful things it has to offer. Best Wishes
Wheaton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My brother and I stayed in this hotel last summer, having gotten it through Priceline. The rooms were large and the beds were great! The rooms are on the perimeter of the building with an inside courtyard in the middle. Can be a bit noisy but wasn't bad. Nice restaurant with reasonable breakfast prices. It may have changed by now but when we were there, WiFi was free only in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
Dear N U

It is nice to hear from you. Thank you for your nice review and we hope we see sometime this year. Wishing you a great summer!
Douglass, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights while in Albuquerque visiting a business associate and family. The staff was helpful and friendly. I agree that this location is beginning to show it's age, but the Marriott standard of service is up to date.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear David C,

Thank you for recognizing the service levels of our staff and their friendliness. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.