“comfortable beds, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #64 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
New City
“comfortable beds, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

friendly check-in staff, comfortable and clean rooms. Love the Marriot pillows- very comfy. Some of the furniture in the room is a little dated and the elevators are slow, but bathroom was updated and had room had new flatscreen TV. We were on the 8th floor and had a pretty good view of the city and mountains. wifi should be free. would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear fm442, Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the views. They are one of my favorite features of our hotel and the area. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of a modernization project of our guest elevators and are working on one at a time. When completed, the elevators will be more effiicient for our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Otsego, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Here for a meeting. The hotel is a little dated (the elevators take forever. They should have another set!), but my room was large, clean and well appointed. My room had a nice view of the highway, 2 TVs, and excellent internet speeds.

I stayed on the 8th floor and had access to the Concierge lounge. The concierge lounge is very nice -- I visited for snacks -- there was a large bar (but I think you had to pay for alcohol), and snacks.

I visited the workout room. There were 3-4 treadmills, weights, a couple of bikes, and a few orbital walkers. The room was clean, lots of towels, and cold water. I was pleased.

Overall the price was right, and the place was nice. I could stay here again!

Dear MNelson486,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review. I'm so glad that you liked your room and our conciege lounge. The concierge and culinary team do a great job in this area and our concierge lounge is consistently rated one of the top in all of Marriott by our guests. Related to our guest elevators, we are currently working on a modernization of them, one at a time, to improve their efficiency. We hope we will see you again in future and wish you happiness for the coming year.
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Here for a convention. The hotel is next to freeway so it is fairly easy to get to in this traffic-choked town. The rooms are clean - straight from the 1980's. The light fixtures on the desk have ports for your dial-up modem. Dining venues appear tired - the fake waterfall in the lobby is ... well, very fake.

Wifi is free in the lobby. But they charge something like $12/day to get wifi in your room. This is the business-equivalent of charging for in-room TV in 1980. All in all, Marriott is a franchise that planned well for the late 20th century and is failing to figure out the 20th century came and went. This particular venue reflects that overall corporate ethic.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ed R,
Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you enjoyed the convention that you attended. I'm glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and have passed your comments on to our housekeeping team. In reading your comments about Marriott in general, I wanted to let you know about many of the new services Marriott has been introducing to assist today's traveller with their everchanging needs. Marriott introduced a new great room concept that provided guests with more open concept seating and access to technology to give guests a more relaxing work environment. We are currently in the design stage for this concept at our our hotel. Recently, Marriott introduced Marriott Mobile where a guest can communicate mobilely with the hotel on their arrival time and get advanced notice when their guest room is ready and provide a faster check in expereince. For our meeting contacts, Marriott has also introduced a mobile application for a group's contact to communicate with our Red Coat staff in fast, real time for the ever changing needs of a meeting without the contact ever having to leaving the meeting to let us know. Our hotel was part of the early launch for both of these new, innovative services for our guests and we have recieved very positive reponses on these services. Perhaps, behind the scenes, the contact for the convention you attended used this very service. There is more still to come in 2014 and I hope you like what Marriot will be introducing. Safe travels to you.
Farmington, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was there just one night this trip for a convention. The check-in staff were pleasant and I didn't spend much time in my room. The view of the roof is not great but maybe the higher floors have better views (I was on the 4th floor). It seems 'tired' looking. Not sure when they are scheduled up renovate but hopefully soon.

Dear Karen B,
Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed the convention you attended. Please accept my apologies for the view from your room and as you noted, the higher the floor, the better the room view. Most of our rooms have great views of the downtown lights, the mountains, and the open spaces. It still amazes me how far one can see here. Best wishes to you.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the perfect hotel to view the Albuquerque hot air balloon fest. Room 419 is a corner room with an excellent view of the mass ascend. The decorations inside the hotel were over the top!! Will be back

• Stayed October 2013
Dear jesfire415,
I'm so glad you enjoyed the Balloon Fiesta and your stay at our hotel. We have some great views of the balloons taking off in the mornings and filling the sky. As the closest full service hotel to Balloon Fiesta Park, we have become a favorite for many for this event. It sounds like we are yours and we look forward to seeing you again in 2014.
Topeka, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We actually had a business meeting here, but it turned out that it was a great location to get to the Balloon Fiesta! The hotel architecture is... unique. It does look like a pyramid. Not sure why, but there ya go. The front desk staff were very professional and accommodating. There were lots of good restaurants within walking distance, which was great with all of the congested traffic. While in our meetings, I learned that other rooms were not very good. One cohort complained of a large ball of hair under his sink, another said her closet door was off the track and she couldn't open her room door all the way, and a third had handles of her dresser off of the furniture. My room didn't have any of these problems, but it is in dire need of an update.

Because it was Balloon Fiesta time, I requested a room with a North view, which was a great call. I was able to see hundreds of balloons every morning from the comfort of my own room. The hotel also did a neat deal where they had a "grab and go" free breakfast sack with an apple, a granola bar, and a muffin, for those of us going to the Balloon field at 4:30 in the morning. They also set up a table with coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate... very, very thoughtful. They also created a cool "hot air balloon" out of streamers in the main atrium of the hotel.

The only major negative was that on one day, housekeeping forgot to clean our room. We got back at 8 p.m. that night and needed to go to bed immediately so we could get up at 4 a.m. and get to the field the next morning. We called for clean towels and let them know we were going to bed. It took them almost a full hour before the towels were delivered... which was not acceptable in my opinion.

Room Tip: If you are there for Balloon Fiesta, request a north-facing room so you can see balloons from your h...
Dear breoni,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that the timing of your meeting was perfect for you to also enjoy the Balloon Fiesta. I'm glad to hear also that your enjoyed the view and the complimentary grab and go breakfast that we provide to our guests for those early morning trips to see the balloons ascend. It is an amazing site to see. Please accept my apologies on the challenge you encountered with housekeeping. I have reviewed your comment with the team and they send their apologies as well. Rest assured, this is not the norm here. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Albuquerque.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The lobby looked ok but the rooms weren't great. The duvet covers had stains and holes in them. The walls were paper thin. I can't tell you how many times we got woke up because the guy in the next room was clearly sick and was blowing his nose...yes we could hear it. We were happy to move to a different hotel for the remainder of our stay.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North? Share your experiences!