“Good Hotel & Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #65 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Good Hotel & Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Excellent staff! The front desk, restaurant and bar staffs are the very best. Spent a week at this hotel and always found the room to be clean with no issues experienced during my stay. Good access to Route 25 and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Getting around Albuquerque is easy and you are only 20 minutes from downtown, about 10 minutes from the Tram, and just a few blocks from the Balloon Museum. The only quirk is the availability of 2 small elevators that also double as the service elevators. Wait times for an elevator can be lengthy when compared to other hotels. The onsite restaurant is a bit pricey, which is typical for a hotel. The food quality is good. The bar is also a bit pricey, $6 draft for a Blue Moon (paying for convenience). Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: If you like BBQ, there is a County Line restaurant near the Tram. This County LIne in Albuquerque i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in one of the suites after a long day of getting married. The room was clean and comfortable, though the bathroom was a bit small for me. The bed was probably the best hotel bed I've ever slept in... and I use a tempur pedic at home. Very quiet stay even on a Saturday night. The atmosphere is inviting and easy to relax in... especially with the sound of the waterfall. The restaurant is really good with a good selection. Try the home made fries and portabello mushroom sandwich. The waitress was a newbie but did a great job. The gift shop staff was really nice too. I used the bell hop checking out and was impressed with the prompt service. The reason I didn't give this place a higher vote is because it feels a bit dated... could use some updating. I have to be clear though. When I say dated I don't mean dirty... the place was clean. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We are Mariott people. That being said, I thought that this particular Mariott was good but not great. The rooms are a nice size but they are dark and need better lighting as well as some updating. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are very good ones which made for a great night sleep. The Parking Lot needs to be repaved and can be dangerous if you are not paying attention to where you are walking. They have a nice area downstairs by the bar but since we were on the Concierge Level we did not use it but we saw many people sitting downstairs. The location is great because it is off a major highway. Overall OK, with a little sprucing up it would be very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just one night and it was the best sleep I had our whole trip! They had the most comfortable bed and pillows and it was very clean. Our car had broken down prior to us arriving so we checked in at 11:30 at night. The clerk at the desk heard how frustated we were with our travel delay and gave us free wi-fi and a free breakfast coupon for the next morning. We have stayed here before and would definitely stay here again. I only wished we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: We had a room that was a bit recessed in from the main center. Very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently spent just two nights at this property, and found it like most Marriotts: good and friendly service, very clean, and a good array of services.

The location is quite good, with an outdoor mall just a 15 minute walk away.

Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here Labor Day weekend 2013. Check-in was quick and relatively easy. Its a pretty easy property to find, right off the interstate at the Paseo del Norte exit from I-25 north. The location makes it convenient to most of what the Duke City has to offer. I was impressed by how quiet the hotel was, especially late at night. The room was nicely appointed and VERY clean. The only drawback was the elevators. There are only two elevators for a ten-story hotel. Marriott, however, is taking steps to address this issue. The Pyramid North is very much a business class hotel, so don't expect a lot in the way of frills. I would happily stay here again, however.

• Stayed August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love Marriot's. I love the staff, comfortable bedding, and cleanliness I have come to expect. Even though staff was gracious, and customer service excellent, management here seems to be an on-going problem. Just visited them the fifth time for eight days on business, and I was very disappointed. It seems they actually put guests in rooms that should be out of order - in other words, no air conditioning. I heard later on, others experienced the same problem. If our group had not reserved a block of rooms, there would not have been any alternative but a fan. Seriously? A fan? In July? At the prices they charge? When we changed to a very small, dark suite, we had the horrible parking lot view. At least in the hot room, (room opposite the only two elevators, another problem) the view was fabulous. But I guess I'll never see it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 4th floor and opposite the elevators for the best view. Check the air IMMED...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North? Share your experiences!