“Good and Bad, in detail.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #61 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good and Bad, in detail.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have always enjoyed staying at this hotel, but it's age is showing. I had asked for a quiet room when the reservation was made, which I was not given. However, my room assignment was changed to a quieter room after my arrival. I stayed for three nights. The room was nice but I had some minor annoyances: The bathroom shower curtain liner had hair on it. The bathroom shower vent was falling out of the wall. The shower tiles had mold in between them and the room smelled musty. At one corner in the room, the wallpaper was peeling off of the wall. The television remote control did not work. (It was promptly replaced by maintenance when I called and requested a repair/replacement.) One of the electrical outlets was coming out of the wall. The toiletries were missing one item on my first night there. I asked for my room to be cleaned early and this did not occur. I had to wait about 55 minutes after a second request, for it to be cleaned. The video check-out was not working.

There are good points: The majority of the staff are polite, friendly, and helpful. The furnishings are nice, including the linens. Room Service was friendly and prompt. I ordered soup and a NM cheeseburger. The soup was hot and delicious. The hamburger was the opposite, cold and tasteless.

I have business again in Albuquerque in the upcoming weeks, and as a Marriott Rewards member, will stay here again. To improve another stay, I would like to have the availability of a small in-room refrigerator and free or less expensive internet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear MtnDoctor,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the items you noted in regard to your room. These were not in keeping with our standards and I have followed up with our team on your comments. Please let me know the next time you are coming to Albuquerque so that we try to accomodate the requests you noted in your comments. I look forward to meeting you.

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Breckenridge, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Spent a weekend here while attending an event in ABQ. We were bumped up to one of the "Elite" rooms on a top floor. Room was spacious and clean and everything worked, but the concierge lounge, available to weekday business travelers, was closed during our weekend stay.

Surprising amount of highway noise made it up to the 10th floor. Number of elevators was insufficient for the number of floors and rooms.

Hotel bar was small and, as is typical, prices were on the high side. Main complaint is that the hotel was also hosting a kids' baseball tourney group. Some families attending that event camped out in the bar every evening with their rug-rats running all over the place. They ignored the signs designating the bar as adults-only. Hotel management should have politely requested their compliance, but failed to do so. Kids are great, but we don't want them running around in swim-suits and baseball gear while we are trying to have a cocktail and a conversation.

Had one buffet breakfast. Mediocre, as is also typical.

This was a convenient place to stay, and we got a good rate because we were attending an event, but it's pretty much like every other large Marriott everywhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear TexTri,

We appreciate you writing a review about your experience during your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the room and that our location worked well for you while attending an event. I can certainly understand your disappointment that there were kids in the lounge area, particularily in bathing suits. Being an open area in our atrium, it can become a place for all to gravitate to and there is a flow between the lounge space and the open seating area near our waterfall. I have reviewed with our team your comments to ensure that we are mindful of the actiivity in this area. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were big, quiet, and clean. Staff was very friendly. The lobby was nice with a waterfall. The fitness room was nice with cold towels, cucumber flavored water, and complimentary apples and oranges. The food was good but a little over priced... Not too bad though. We had 2 drinks, a big salad, and quesadillas for $38 after tip. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear ckelley08,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and for your nice review, especially about our extra touches in our fitness center. We hope we will see you again the next time you are in area and wish you a great summer.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Location: It is in a good location, but can be a bit tricky to get to the first time. If you are driving north from the Sunport, keep in mind you will have to exit, pass over I-25, and then make your first left turn onto the frontage road. Stay to the right (don't get back on I-25 south!) and you will make a right turn into the parking lot. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping on the other side of the highway. Sandia Resort and Casino is close, and you are about 15 minutes from downtown.

Staff: The concierge lounge staff - Julia (morning) and Cynthia (evening) are efficient and polite. The lounge was open with food set out every morning before officially opening at 0630 hours. Keep in mind you cannot access the lounge outside of working hours and the bar is an honor pay system. The front desk staff was polite and assisted me when I needed it. One note: I was about an hour early to check in and was told my room wasn't ready. She took my phone number and told me I would receive a phone call when it was. I waited over an hour and finally went back to the front desk once it was past the normal check in time of 3pm. It was of course ready by this point.

Room: You could tell it was older, but it was still clean. I was on the 10th floor in the corner closest to the interstate. The road noise did not bother me, although I could see how some people would not appreciate it. If you don't want to hear the highway, ask for a room on another side. A few things I pay attention to: nightstands did not have an electrical outlet for your phone; the carpet had a few folds in it; I don't remember hearing my neighbor.

Lounge: It's located on the 10th floor. The lounge typically had a spread of fruit, cheese, and one hot item in the evening. You could probably make a meal of it, but I chose not to. They also have dessert and cookies at night. There are two mini-fridges in the lounge that contain sodas and water. You are welcome to take as many as you need as long as the lounge is open. Breakfast had eggs, cereal, fruit, and an assortment of juices, coffee, and tea.

Gym: This is above average. They have 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, 2 adjustable flat benches, a set of dumbbells up to 50lbs, and 2 stationary bikes. They provide towels, ear phones, and water. One nice touch provided by the hotel is they typically will slice up a cucumber or fruit to place inside the water.

Miscellaneous: The hotel does have a pool and a game room. The bar downstairs is nice and they do have a full service menu if you don't feel like leaving the hotel. The food was above average and I would eat there again.

Summary: It's an older property, but I would say this hotel has it's own unique charm and tradition. After talking to the staff, I learned a lot of conference groups have been coming to this hotel for a long time. The hotel is an open atrium, so you can look down into the bar, restaurant, and waterfall area from all levels. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are Gold or higher, ask for a room on the 10th floor where the lounge is located. If you are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear TheTrillium,
Thank you so much for the very nice review of our hotel. Your detail gives a great description that can be so helpful to other travellers. Thank you also for highlighting the extras in our concierge lounge and fitness center. We are always looking for ways to add an extra touch to make our guest's stay a little more speical. Please accept my apologies that we didn't call you about your room being ready. To assist our guests better and to add another extra touch, we are in the process of setting up to be part of Marriott's "Mobile Guest Services", a new program that will let guests check in from their phones and get an message when their room is ready. We are in the early phase at the moment and hope to launch this new feature for our guest's very soon!. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Saw the reviews but was generally happy with my comfortable, well-appointed hotel. Everything was in working order and I was very pleased. Would stay again. It suited my needs just fine as I was there for a business meeting. Check-in fine. Nothing amazing just comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear LaurieSusan,

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you again the next time you are visiting the Albuquerque area. Safe Travels, Cynthia S.
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am a loyal Marriott customer and booked this hotel in spite of some of the negative reviews. I was able to book a suite with concierge access for a low price and took the chance. Sadly, I would have to say it was a mistake. We sayed here 4 nights. One night there was the smell of smoke coming through the AC vent which had to be investigated. (Apparently someone was smoking in the room below even though it is a non-smoking hotel). I give them credit for finding the culprit, but it was disconcerting. One night there was a state-wide chess tournament and the kids ran all over the hotel making noise, throwing things off the atrium balcony into the lobby, riding the elevators, running up and down the stairwells, and generally out of control. The management tried to handle it but had difficulty and we were constantly disturbed by noise. When we checked in we were told we had been "upgraded to the concierge floor". We had booked a suite but when we went to our room it wasn't a suite. What kind of "upgrade" is this? We automatically get concierge level anyway since we are gold elite rewards members so that was no big deal. They reassigned us to a suite on another floor but what a hassle. The refrigerator in our room didn't work, the selection of TV stations is poor, food service options are limited, decor is outdated, furniture in the sitting areas was uncomfortable, the wait staff in both the bar area and the breakfast restaurant were surly and slow, and on and on. On the plus side - the bed was very comfortable and the shower was good. Overall, this is a disappointing Marriott hotel and I felt like a loser staying here. They seem understaffed and a little sloppy. I would book another place in ABQ if I were to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chopper_8,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies for your experience during that stay. I have followed up with my team in regard to your comments to ensure that we make the appropriate improvements and ensure the extra caring for our guests that we have a good reputation in delivering. I hope that you will allow us the honor of having you as our guest again in the future so that we can deliver to you the outstanding service that we fell short on. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you have a pleasant summer. Cynthia S.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the pyramid last weekend when I came in for a small work meeting, I reserved at the hotel because my friends had all told me how great it was. Unfortunately, I have to say its the worst stay I've had at a hotel in a long time. The staff was unforgivably rude and snotty at check in, the rushed through any questions I had about my room and were quick to send me away. When I finally got to my room is smelled like smoke and mold. The walls were so paper thin I could hear the toilets flushing and the conversations in the rooms around me. When I called down to see if there was somewhere more quiet I was met with even more hostility which made me hesitant to speak to any of the workers. Long story short, the hotel was not up to par with the rate they charged me, the staff made me feel out of place, and I didn't get any rest. I would recommend any change in management would be great. Thanks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear DonaldF,

I am so sorry to hear about your stay with us. I would love the opportunity to speak to you more about some of the specifics so that I can follow up on this directly with our team. Our staff has a solid reputation for their great caring and service to our guests and I hope you will accept my apologies that we fell short in taking care of you during our stay. I hope that I will hear from you soon. I can be reached at 505-821-3333. My best wishes to you for a great summer.

Been to Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North? Share your experiences!