“Booking issue” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas Texas
“Booking issue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

We booked our room on the Marriott website. Our search was for 2 adults, 3 children. It gave us the option for a room with 2 double beds and an additional rollaway. When we checked in, we confimred with the Manager on Duty that the rollaway was in the room. He told us that rollaways were not allowed in the double rooms because they were a fire hazard. Then he asked us if we wanted to upgrade for another $50 a night to a suite. We explained that we were given the rollaway option on-line and he held his ground saying it was a fire hazard. We were not willing to pay the upgrade and he wouldn't comp it for us, so we told him we'd have one of our children stay with relatives in town.

We we got to our room - there was the rollaway! (right against the window wall- NOT a hazard!)

My only other comment was that the bathrrom was tiny. Really impossible for 2 people to share at the same time.

On a positive note, the room was clean except for a fake plastic spider we discovered under the curtains! :-)

• Liked — bedding
  • Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

We have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It's beautiful inside, clean, hot water, extremely comfortable beds, and delicious food in the hotel restaurant.

• Disliked — Internet in room is $9.95 per day. Free in lobby area.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

From the minute we walked in...the staff was at the highest level of excellence. Stayed during Easter weekend...stayed for the brunch! Great hotel....great room. One issue, fire alarm went off, just as I got the kids out of the pool. No problem, just a tripped alarm from a wedding function. The kids felt like royalty, my husband and I felt relaxed! Brunch was a huge spread, typical brunch style seating. Average brunch but good for a family of 5. Not too pricy like some hotels wanted for the day. Would only stay at this hotel if I go back to Albuquerque.

Stayed March 2008
Mora, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel because of a conference that was taking place at the Pyramid. Rooms are spotless, beds are comfortable and staff is extremely helpful. I also liked the decor and the overall atmosphere. The hotel has an indoor/outdoor swimming pool with a jacuzzi, a nice exercise room and game room. The restaurant is OK - nothing great, but definitely over priced. The margaritas are very good.
Just a couple of small flaws. I did have a problem checking in. It took a while for the manager to find me a room. Apparently, they had overbooked and the manager offered to send me to the Courtyard Marriott which is almost next door however, I did refuse because I had booked a room at the Pyramid two weeks in advance and did not feel that I should stay elsewhere because of their error. I also wanted the convenience of being able to stay where the conference was taking place. I felt bad for whoever had to lose out on a room because of the hotel's mistake.
The other minor flaw was that I had ordered room service which was very prompt. The tip was already included in my bill. The guy asked if I wanted any change and I stated to him that I did. He never brought it back to me and I lost five bucks. No big deal because I was going to tip him anyway but I think that it should have been at my own discretion.
I would stay here again because the rest of my stay was very comfortable.

• Liked — overall comfort and location.
  • Disliked — elevators were slow.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sedona, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in January. We were there for a function. The good things about the hotel were the staff, who went out of their way to be accomodating, and the fact that the restaurant was ok, which was critical as there was no other place to eat within walking distance. The hotel is off I-25 on the north side of Albuquerque. It is convenient to drive to Santa Fe, or wherever. But it is in one of those areas where you could be anywhere. You have to drive everywhere, and the area is dominated by shopping malls and chain restaurants, without character.

The hotel has two elevators which are inadequate and brutally slow. We were "upgraded" to a "mini-suite", which seemed like an average room to me. The furniture was nothing special, but the bed was comfy.

Why, oh why does the Marriott have to charge $10/day for High-speed internet when "lesser" chains like La Quinta and Best Western provide it free? I am ready to boycott hotels that do this.

There was demolition and renovation going on when we were there, but it did not seem noisy or distracting.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — the elevators
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

Let me start by saying that not only was the facility gorgeous and spotless (it's being remodeled, but you wouldn't know with noise only the signs letting you know everywhere) and the concierge staff can't be beat!

We pulled into the Marriott Pyramid after booking through Priceline at the last second on our way back through NM to TX. 2 tired kids, snowing, no dinner yet -- all of the staff from the concierge to the manager went out of their way to make our stay great. My infant son ran was running a fever and they even helped me find a pediatrician within walking distance from the hotel! Also, the rooms were suprisingly kid-proof (we have a 1 and a 4-year-old). The huge atrium let the kids run out their energy before hitting the road the next day.

Even though I initially was slated to stay here b/c of our Priceline bid, I would pay rack rate to stay here again. It was that great.

• Liked — the staff and pretty rooms
  • Disliked — location near restaurants, but not scenic -- right off the freeway
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St Pete Beach FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

Stayed here one night, the hotel had a huge atrium with a restaurant (good food). Great location coming back from Santa Fe, and not a bad commute to the airport in the AM.
The rooms was nice, great beds, pillows, linens, etc. Service was extra friendly.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North? Share your experiences!