“Nice visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Princeton, New Jersey
“Nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for four nights on a business trip. The hotel isn't new, but the rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I am a gold member with access to the concierge lounge, which was open from 6:30 am to 10 pm and well equipped with everything I needed. I ate in the hotel restaurant twice -- I could not find anything bad to say about it, and the waiter was just wonderful.

Room Tip: My room was on the fifth floor, away from the elevators, but facing the large open area below (resta...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We take great pride is our level of service! I am so gratified that your stay went so well. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My stay here was both comfortable and pleasing. Continental meals were very good. Cleanliness was excellent, service was great. The location was adequate, as it could have had more restaurants within walking distance. The only improvement I would ask for is more coffee fixings should be available in the room. I would easily choose this hotel again in my future travels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Been here twice in the last year for business and I have to say, it's been decent. The staff have been very friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, and the environment is very good.

Definitely recommend this place to anyone who needs to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your generous comments! It is always nice to hear when my staff takes such good care of our guests! Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Allendale, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. It was dated though. The couch in our suite was pretty worn and a bit grungy looking, but the rest of the room was better, just dated. The housekeeping, cleaned, but did not leave coffee two of the days we were there. There was no concierge lounge during the holidays, you paid for breakfast and internet. For the price of this room and the state of it, it should have included these perks. The breakfast buffet was expensive and not all that great. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book a room on an upper floor, the view of the city was spectacular at night. Also, if you face eas...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was mixed.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the hotel room was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel. The good news is that we will be renovating all of our guest rooms next year, but that is no excuse for the room not being completely clean. We should have done a better job at insuring the “details” were taken care of.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve issues such as these. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve product and service. If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to rich.lundt@jqh.com so we can address it with you directly.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel looks pretty on the outside and is in a good location. However, on the inside it is clear the hotel is run down. Stains in the carpet, peeling wallpaper, water stains, dated decor. I would classify this hotel as a two star.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations.

I do apologize that the hotel room was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel. I apologize for the room not being completely clean. We should have done a better job at insuring the “details” were taken care of.

Orefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel our last night in Albuquerque. We love Marriott and received an excellent rate. When we arrived we noticed that the hotel appeared to be in need of a remodeling. It just appears to be from the 80s. However, we found the hotel staff, amenities and experience to be extremely satisfying. For instance, we did not book breakfast with the room. However, when we arrived we were offered breakfast for an additional $10.00 which for a family of four was a great value. Incidentally, the breakfast was excellent. We were given free internet. Also, the pool and the game room was used by the kids for hours. Finally, my wife and I used the lounge and thoroughly enjoyed the drinks and the staff. Highly recommended. We would definitively stay there again. Workout facility was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our team takes great pride in taking care of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here recently because of the deal my work company has. It was the only one on my list to choose from. I was a little skeptical because of the mixed reviews. I want to say that I was pleasantly surprised overall.

These are the things that were important to me:
My room was clean, breakfast buffet was good and staff were friendly, and the Internet worked good.

Annoyances:
In my reservation, I asked to be away from vending, but the room I got was right around the corner from vending and placed next to stairs and a high traffic maid closet. The check-in clerk should have paid closer attention.

I had to specifically ask for the breakfast coupons and about the free internet included in the reservation. They should have already been informed and been taking time to tell ME.

I had to call because shower drain was very slow. The staff was great about getting it fixed, but wouldn't the housekeeping already know this problem? It should have been cleaned BEFORE I came.

Pool had sign saying closed, but no indication when or if it would reopen. Maybe it was closed for the season?

None of the things posted in other reviews, such as bad smells or mold, were noticed on my stay. I would certainly stay here again, it's just good to know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have special requests in your reservation, you bring that to the attention of the f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that some of the details were not taken care of. These are standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel and we should have done a better job at taken care of these items. I am glad that overall your stay was good.

Richard Lundt

Been to Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North? Share your experiences!