“Run down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel looks pretty on the outside and is in a good location. However, on the inside it is clear the hotel is run down. Stains in the carpet, peeling wallpaper, water stains, dated decor. I would classify this hotel as a two star.

• Stayed November 2012
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations.

I do apologize that the hotel room was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel. I apologize for the room not being completely clean. We should have done a better job at insuring the “details” were taken care of.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve issues such as these. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve product and service. If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to rich.lundt@jqh.com so we can address it with you directly.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Richard Lundt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Orefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel our last night in Albuquerque. We love Marriott and received an excellent rate. When we arrived we noticed that the hotel appeared to be in need of a remodeling. It just appears to be from the 80s. However, we found the hotel staff, amenities and experience to be extremely satisfying. For instance, we did not book breakfast with the room. However, when we arrived we were offered breakfast for an additional $10.00 which for a family of four was a great value. Incidentally, the breakfast was excellent. We were given free internet. Also, the pool and the game room was used by the kids for hours. Finally, my wife and I used the lounge and thoroughly enjoyed the drinks and the staff. Highly recommended. We would definitively stay there again. Workout facility was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our team takes great pride in taking care of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Rich Lundt
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here recently because of the deal my work company has. It was the only one on my list to choose from. I was a little skeptical because of the mixed reviews. I want to say that I was pleasantly surprised overall.

These are the things that were important to me:
My room was clean, breakfast buffet was good and staff were friendly, and the Internet worked good.

Annoyances:
In my reservation, I asked to be away from vending, but the room I got was right around the corner from vending and placed next to stairs and a high traffic maid closet. The check-in clerk should have paid closer attention.

I had to specifically ask for the breakfast coupons and about the free internet included in the reservation. They should have already been informed and been taking time to tell ME.

I had to call because shower drain was very slow. The staff was great about getting it fixed, but wouldn't the housekeeping already know this problem? It should have been cleaned BEFORE I came.

Pool had sign saying closed, but no indication when or if it would reopen. Maybe it was closed for the season?

None of the things posted in other reviews, such as bad smells or mold, were noticed on my stay. I would certainly stay here again, it's just good to know what to expect.

Room Tip: Make sure if you have special requests in your reservation, you bring that to the attention of the f...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was mixed.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that some of the details were not taken care of. These are standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel and we should have done a better job at taken care of these items. I am glad that overall your stay was good.

Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed at this Marriott while passing through Albuquerque. The location was convenient, the staff was accommodating, and the kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Our room, however, stunk of stale cigarette smoke; if we had been staying longer than just one night, I would have requested a change. We were on an upper floor, while our friends with whom we were traveling were on a lower floor, and their room smelled fine. I assume the the higher floors were the smoking floors back when smoking was still allowed in hotels, so just request a lower floor, and you'll probably be fine.

I also recommend that you purchase the breakfast when you book your room. The breakfast was well worth it, with plenty of variety and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that had not previously been a smoking room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I wanted to thank you for your writing back! I really do appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you stayed with us! I did note your comments regarding your experience. We want you to know we appreciate your nice comments on our team as well as the breakfast quality. We take great pride in our level of service! I do apologize that your room smelled of smoke. That should never be the case and my team should have corrected that before your arrival. I will address with my team as we strive to improve. I know this does nothing to make up for a less than satisfactory experience, but hopefully will demonstrate our commitment to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to you give us another opportunity. If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at rich.lundt@jqh.com or 505 798 6410!

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a surprisingly bad hotel, especially for usually high Marriott standards. The worst thing is the hotel has dozens and dozens of air scent sprayers throughout the hotel. At first it was a pleasant rose scent, but after a day it bece choking... Like sitting next to someone with too much perfume. Why the saturating scent? There is mold in the hotel... a rare thing in the ABQ climate. The shower had thick mold in the peeking caulk. The hotel is covered in plastic plants-- another sign of a mold problem. On top of it all, there is a $12.95 per day charge for Internet access in rooms, per day. Stay away from this property... We are checking out a day early to get some fresh air!

• Stayed December 2012

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the hotel scent was not pleasing to you. I can assure you that we have four scent machines and I will double check to make sure they are not changed out at the same time as that may have contributed to the strength of the scent. I was also concerned about the report of mold in the hotel. I will have my team check your room and make any corrections that need to be made.

Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very dramatic open interior and lobby area, but facility has seen it's better days and needs some refurbishing. Room was decidedly under-lit and bordering on tattered. Shower vent fan was dust encrusted and plain nasty. While the breakfast buffet was good with wide selection of items, it was comparatively very expensive. The 24x7 complimentary coffee in the lobby was very weak with not cup tops either morning (which meant a precarious trip back to the room with wife's coffee!)...some-one not paying attention! There's another Marriott just a few hundred meters north of this one where we traditionally stay but thought we try the Pyramid...sorry we did

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
rlundt, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We are sorry to hear your stay was poor.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us and we want you to know we appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the hotel room was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from a Marriott Hotel. The good news is that we will be renovation all of our guest rooms next year, but that is no excuse for the room not being completely clean. We should have done a better job at insuring the “details” were taken care of.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Lots of room in your room here. Like an old embassy suite
Noisy, poor service in the bar
Breakfast buffet was ok and the staff kind
Major problems with plumbing but the maintenance people were great
Just not up to the quality of other marriot properties!!

• Stayed October 2012
I wanted to thank you for your writing back! I really do appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that you stayed with us! I did note your comments regarding your experience. I am very your room was noisy and the plumbing issues you encountered. I will address with my team as we strive to improve. I know this does nothing to make up for a less than satisfactory experience, but hopefully will demonstrate our commitment to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to you give us another opportunity. If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at rich.lundt@jqh.com or 505 798 6410!

Richard Lundt

Been to Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North? Share your experiences!