“Nice hotel, close to the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #56 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Pace, Florida
“Nice hotel, close to the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nice older hotel, close to the airport. The Bistro has a more limited menu than other CYs I have stayed at and the hotel shuttle to airport doesn't start running till 5:00 AM.

Staff was very pleasant and cheerful, always a good sign. Room was nice and clean, temp controls were hard to manage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CVZCY, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay at the hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and the service provided by our staff. Thank you for sharing the concern about our temperature controls, we will look and ensure they are operating properly.

We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you during your next trip to Albuquerque. Thank you for choosing Marriott!

Chris Van Zele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

... or should I say, just what I'm looking for with a Hotel when on the road doing business. Was my first trip to Albuquerque and the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Rooms were spotlessly clean. Half size coffee pot in the room which was great ( versus the one cup at a time lots of places are changing to ). Snack area open 24/7 by the front desk and even a small bar/deli onsite if you don't feel like leaving the place. Workout area was small but served its purpose. The swimming pool & hot tub were CLEAN and very enjoyable (ask for room 149 and you walk out your door and are in the hot tub in 45 seconds or less :)

All in all a very enjoyable stay and will stay here again the next time I am in town in a couple months.

p.s. - make sure to budget a full morning or afternoon to visit Old Town which is easy to get to from the hotel. I thought two hours would be enough but needed at least twice that amount of time to fully soak it all in.

Tim T.
West Bend, WI

Room Tip: Get room 149 if you want easy access to the pool and workout area - both are literally feet from bot...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay at the hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and the facilities. Gotta love being less than a minute away from the hot tub from your room! Old Town definitely needs more than two hours to explore and visit all it has to offer.

Las Vegas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I needed a place to stay before a 6am flight out of Albuquerque and chose this hotel because of the fly and park package. It worked out very well. The staff were friendly and available, the price was competitive and the location for me was perfect. The shuttle the next morning was just a five minute drive, the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. It was too early to have breakfast but I heard from others that it was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have spent a lot of time in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, usually at the Courtyards (we like to add to our "Marriott Rewards").

Always good locations, convenient, nice clean rooms (we usually do the "suites"), good breakfasts.

Reasonably priced. We've tried many others - always end up here!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I like the new updated layouts in Courtyard's.

We stayed a Sunday night so there weren't many people staying a the hotel.
The lobby area with alcoves and tvs is great although background noise makes it hard to watch TV. The basic TV stations don't include some you would expect on basic cable so if you have a favorite show you want to watch you have to watch it in the lobby area.

We had dinner in the hotel which was good. The rooms are clean and the staff was very friendly.
The early morning free shuttle to the airport was quick and fairly easy. The shuttle driver was completely disinterested in helping guests with their bags. She opened the back door and walked away. If one of the guests didn't take charge loading bags it would have been a disaster. Also no help from the driver at the airport.

No tip for her from almost anyone. None was earned. Why someone wouldn't help so they could earn $20-$30 per trip in tips is beyond me.

I would still want to stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CVZCY, Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit to the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport. Without honest feedback from guests such as you we have no way of improving the service we offer to our guests.

While I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel with us and that the our updated lobby and rooms were able to meet your needs, I am disappointed to hear about the service you experienced with the hotel's shuttle. Our guest's experience begins at the moment they step into our shuttle and I apologize that your experience was not typical of what our guests expect. I have shared your comments with our team to continue to improve the service we offer our guests. I have met with our shuttle staff to ensure that we are welcoming our guests into the shuttle just as we would if they walked in the front door.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit!

Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We normally stay at the Residence Inn right behind the Courtyard, but luckily I got an email from Marriott showing me a great rate for this hotel combined with a deep discount on a Hertz rental.

The check-in was quick, very friendly and they found me a great room for an early noon check-in. The room was well appointed and clean, the bed very comfortable. Key for me to a good hotel is comfortable pillows and big fluffy towels. Check and check. Add to that the Bistro's good menu and tasty food as well as the proximity to the airport, Central Avenue and I-25.

The only request I would make is for a free continental breakfast, maybe limited to a certain membership level to keep cost down.

The only negative is the free wifi isn't worth the hassle. The access in the room is poor. I had to reload every page after getting an error on the first try. Some pages I could never load. If you're going to offer free internet, don't impair the goodwill you've just earned by all the good things about the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your recent visit to the Courtyard Albuquerque Airport. Without honest feedback from guests such as you we have no way of improving the service we offer our guests.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and our amenities exceeded your expectations. I was disappointed to hear that our internet was unable to meet your needs during your visit. I have followed up with our internet provider to ensure that our signal is operating as it should. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can continue to improve the service we offer our guests.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel is located VERY close to the airport which makes it very useful for conferences (I was there for one) and quick exits. The staff is very helpful, and they provide very accommodating shuttle service throughout Albuquerque (which is important since cabs get pricey and are near impossible to flag down without calling in)

The courtyard itself is quite comfortable for groups to meet and chat.

If you are looking for food, you will need to travel inwards to the city unless you are satisfied with strip mall like options (eg. Applebees)

Some room advice... try to avoid the area near the entrance to the pool. It can get a bit noisy at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased that it sounds like you were satisfied with your visit to the hotel and our staff and shuttle accomodations. We pride ourselves on meeting our guest needs and the amenities of our hotel enable our guests to win at their game. I have shared your comments about the pool area with our staff so we can improve the service we offer to our guests.

505-843-6600

Been to Courtyard Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!