“Good value for a nights stop over !” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn University

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn University to your Saves list
Quality Inn University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Menaul Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Western Star Inn) (Raynolds Addition)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #91 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good value for a nights stop over !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just stayed the one night so other than the fact that the hotel met our requirements regarding service and cleanliness ! Breakfast equal though not surpassing what you would expect in 80% of most mid range hotels. Great Mexican restaurant just over the road from the hotel that I would recommend.
For a one night stop over this more than fits the bill !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! We hope that you'll stop at our hotel again the next time your travels take you through New Mexico!

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pahrump, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have stayed at this facility many times. Each time the actual building shows signs of age, but the actual room has been updated.

The room was quiet. The ice machine worked well.
A good night's sleep.

The pool was a little cool, but not too cold to enjoy.

There was some activity in the parking area that was of concern, but nothing negative occurred.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Quality Inn University, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of making additional improvements and hope that you return on your next visit to Albuquerque!
Webster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

At check in they honored the online price without me having to actually book online. Wireless internet was easy to connect. Village Inn dinner practically in parking lot (walking distance). Free breakfast was a little disappointk g...waffle maker was broken and all that was left was limited fruit, donuts, cereal, and juice...but free breafast all thr same. A little dated but clean and perfect for a sleep during long road trip.

• Stayed August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stopped here after a looooong day of driving. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. He got us into our room right away with no problems. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the room. The A/C was incredibly loud. It rumbled like it was going to jump off the wall. The room had a funny smell that hit you when you walked in and when I checked the beds (my first step when getting into a room) I noticed something black on the sheets. It was crumbly so I knew it wasn't a stain. I walked down to the front desk and they put us into another room. I have no complaints for this one. It was tolerably clean and comfortable. We left early the next morning and two days later, I realized I didn't have my sneakers. I called the hotel..doubtful that they would have them (I've worked in hotels, I know the chances of getting something returned to you)...but, to my surprise they actually had my shoes! I was completely shocked. That earned them the fourth star. They held them for me until our return trip when we stopped to pick them up. If all you're looking for is a pace to sleep...with no frills and fuss...this is your place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

On a cross country trip with my family and we were very happy with our stay at the Western Star Inn in Albuquerque, NM. We arrived fairly late (been driving all day) and the gentleman at the front desk got us checked in fairly quickly. Our room said it was non-smoking, but smelled like someone before was disobeying the rules. Told the front desk and they were happy to change rooms. Second room was much better.

No fancy frills. Room was clean, well kept, and fairly up-to-date. My only issue was that there weren't enough power outlets for our multiple devices. But if that's the worst thing? No real complaints here. Decent continental breakfast with a waffle-maker, good stuff.

All in all, I will likely stay here again if i'm in the Albuquerque area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Ruidoso, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We had a loved one in the intensive care unit at UNM hospital and various family members were there for up to two weeks. This hotel is within 2 miles of the hospital (not in the best part of town but not the worst either) and offers a significant discount (20-25%) at check-in if you are visiting a family member at UNM hospital. There is also a shuttle to get you to the hospital which can be a good idea as parking at UNM hospital is somewhat hard to find after 9:00 am.

The rooms are adequate and clean with fairly new carpeting. Some of the plumbing/heating fixtures are in poor condition but the hotel is very accomodating. There is a free breakfast offering in the lobby, nothing fancy. Our bed was quite comfortable. If you are looking for a good value especially during a family emergency, this might work for you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012 via mobile

I have staid here Several times. The resent change in management was a great move. "john " really is making this hotel a great place to stay. Hannah has been here through the goos and bad and is an awesome lady. Have had no issues in my last two stays. Rooms are clean. Hotel is close to everything. I will stay here again and again..

Thanks john & Hannah

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Quality Inn University? Share your experiences!