“Great staff. Nice clean rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn University

You added Quality Inn University to your Saves list
Quality Inn University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2015 Menaul Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87107 (Formerly Western Star Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #93 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Great staff. Nice clean rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

I am at this hotel now. The rooms are clean and the staff is awesome. My second night I had an issue the hotel manager have me a big discount and moved me to a suite. I will style here again

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Magna, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

They charge a 100.00 authorization to your credit card that should be reversed in 3-5 days after your stay. We were originally given a room when we went to the room it had not been cleaned yet so we went to the office they gave us a new room. There were some kids running & talking outside the room until midnight when the security finally came to get them to go to their rooms. The pool was nice. The carpet was worn, bathroom had some cuts/holes in the tub/shower area, & the bed nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

on my previous stay I was very pleased with the service that was given.

• Stayed July 2011
colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

we previously stayed here about a month ago. On arrival our reservations could not beMOKING found, we arrived around midnight. It was explained to me that all the staff was new and they apologized, found us a room and upon reaching the room and entering we noticed there was no refrig or microwave, so they found us a different room. This time i called directly to make reservations, requesting king smoking w/refrig and microwave and again we arrived around midnight after being on the road 8 hours. Got to our room only to find no smoking, called the front desk and they had us move to a different room, funny part is we were originally given the same room we stayed in last time only this time NO SMokiNG, so sent us to a different room that one had 3 beds and no refri or micro, called from that room only to have them move us a third time all the around the building. Manager was contacted and was very rude, we asked why do we even bother with reservations, he adv us we could check out. Unfortunately they have lost alot, we have alot of up coming work here and were willing even after the bad first exp to stay again, but.....................not anymore.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Having stayed at Ramada's in the past and having good experiences, I was totally taken back by my stay at this hotel. The sink was dirty, the bath room was dirty, there was only 2 towels and wash cloth in the room. The carpet was dirty and when we went to bed and the linen was pulled back spiders came out of the bed linen. When telling the front desk attendant about my experience "they will try to do better next time." For me there willnot be a next time.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

My travel budget is not great so it was between the Days Inn and the Ramada (formerly the Comfort Inn). I spent a little extra on the Ramada because it was supposed to have a fitness center (an elliptical and a treadmill with a mirror to make it look bigger n pictures). The room was dirty, the bathroom was dirty, and the carpets had cigarette burns on them. There is no cable tv - only 4 local channels. Breakfast was okay - nothing special, just a typical continental breakfast. I was surprised to learn that other area hotels had free airport shuttles,but it cost me $30 roundtrip for the Ramada.
Overall, I would recommend staying at another hotel - there are many in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Yorba Linda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

I booked this hotel during Balloon Fiesta 2006 and was quite satisfied with the property. It is in the process of being remodeled, so some of the concerns from the previous reviews I found did not apply. The hotel is a 3 star property, but the room was clean and functional and the bedding was okay. The pillows could have been better, but that was the only item we could find fault with. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful and efficient.

The hotel is close to both the I-25 and the I-40, as well as Old Town. There are several restaurants within walking distances and there is a convenience store right next door to grab some goodies or drinks.

I did not use the pool, but several guests did and the area did appear clean and well maintained. The guests who were using the area appeared to be having a great time.

While not the best hotel in Albuquerque, this property is certainly adequate for most needs, but don't expect a 5 star property for a 2 star price.

• Liked — Close to the park and ride for Balloon Fiesta, Old Town, and freeways
  • Disliked — The pillows were not very comfortable
  • Tips/Secrets — The Range Cafe across the street (Menaul) serves the best breakfasts!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn University? Share your experiences!