“Really, you don't have my room...?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn East

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn East to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13031 Central Avenue Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87123 (Formerly Comfort Inn East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #55 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
San Diego
“Really, you don't have my room...?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

I stayed at this lovely establishment for two nights and had booked a king smoking room. I checked in around 4:30 and was told that the room I had booked a month prior was not available. The girl working the desk didn't seem bothered and sort of waited for me to cue her as to her next move. I then asked what was available and after several minutes was moved to a queen smoking. "No big deal" I think but know that I will ask tomorrow for the room I originally booked.
I get to the room and it's much smaller than I had expected, particularly upon noticing that it was a handicap equipped room. There were jokes about going out to get a wheelchair to see if it could actually get through the clearance between the bed and dresser. The smoke odor isn't bad for a smoking room and other than that it seemed clean and tidy. Upon making my way into the bathroom, I see where all the bed space went. The bathroom was huge but the odd thing was that the shower was incredibly tiny! I understood that it was meant for someone that needed a shower chair but I was a little concerned for my friend. He's a bigger guy and I knew the shower was not going to work. It was confirmed after my own cramped shower in the morning.
The next morning I spoke to the front desk again and had a much different customer service experience. I was told that no rooms were clean at that time but I would get what I booked when I came back later that evening. Upon my return, the room was changed with no problems. The second room was fine. A little small for a king bed room but it was fine for one night.
The property was fairly standard for this type of hotel. There was all types of hub-bub outside but it was a Saturday and you'll get that anywhere.
There is an Albertsons right across the street and it's close to I-40., which is nice. It's also a nice area if you're heading up to Sandia Peak. It's a fairly short drive up from here.
If I stay in Albuquerque again though, I will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Big room & comfortable bed, though the rooms need a makeover. Location is good - not too close to the highway, but close enough to everything you need and getting around is very easy. We happened to stay there when it was virtually empty, so we didn't hear any other people, had the laundry facilities to ourselves, and the free wi-fi worked great. It's also pet-friendly and the free breakfast is good enough. Great value - we paid $61 total.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Little Rock, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

The room seemed clean, but several items needed maintenance:
- The room temperature was very difficult to control; it took almost two hours to get the room warm enough, then it was almost impossible to get it cool enough to sleep.
- Two or three lamp switches were hard to operate.
- The shower head was partially clogged.
- Sink faucets worked, but felt loose and worn.
Also, there was no tissue in the tissue holder, and breakfast options seemed limited, compared to other Comfort Inns.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

I had a hard time finding hotes in the area with 2 queen beds. Comfort Inn East had rooms fitting my specification and afordable too! The property is old but you can tell they try to keep it nice. Several other people mentioned the nice staff - I agree. My kids liked the pool and spa... I checked it out - like I said, old but well maintained. The guy in the breakfast room worked very hard keeping everything stocked. We stayed there after our long flight and liked it so much, we stayed again the night before our departure.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Graham,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Convenient location, clean rooms, great rates, and very helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
bkirkland11
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

My family stayed here on June 28th and I told the maintenance man I would write a review because I was very pleased with his service as well as the hotel staff as a whole. My kids really enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi - exceptionally maintained. The hotel is a good value. We paid under 60 dollars for our stay and I feel like we really got alot of bang for our buck. The location is excellent. There is a United Artist Theatre right across the street. We enjoyed Transformers prior to going swimming. The room was very clean and comfortable. I was able to log on to the internet without any problems. The breakfast was really good. The mexican man that was there in the morning didn't speak much english but I was very impressed with the way he cleaned and kept good stock of the food. They seemed to have alot of business at this hotel and talking to some guests that had been there for several months working on a gas pipeline indicated the staff and service was excellent. I give an A+ to the maintenance guy who came right away to fix the fridge. It turned out it just needed to be plugged in but I really appreciated the service. Great value hotel and you can't go wrong for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
denton texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We traveled to Albuquerque to meet some friends nearby at the KOAT Campground. We looked at a few hotels in this east area of Albuquerque and decided on this one. I have to say the staff was exceptional. The hotel was clean, the room comfortable, and the breakfast was standard. The front desk staff gave us some tips on where to go in Albuquerque. The recomendation on going to Madrid was good and would recommend this to anybody staying in Albuquerque for a while. The staff let our crew from the KOAT camp go swimming. We really appreciated this and enjoyed our time there. The pool was very big and goes 9 feet deep. The jacuzzi was maintained very well and the water was hot. Management is doing a good job and I give them an overall excellent. Should be back in August on our way back home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn East? Share your experiences!