“I'll never stay there again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Albuquerque Airport

You added Ramada Albuquerque Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Albuquerque Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 Yale Boulevard SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #51 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
White Lake, Michigan
“I'll never stay there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

Stayed here while passing through Albuquerque on my way from CA to Arkansas...had a travel magazine coupon for $38 plus tax for the night. Wasn't even worth that. I'd have to say it was one of the lesser Comfort Inn properties I'd stayed at. Bedding was ok but needs replacing, the carpets were worn in spots, and the bathtub and bathroom in general was very tired, dirty, and worn. Staff was very friendly however and switched me to a different room when my tv didn't work in the first room.

I felt my safety was at risk here; I went outside to check on my car as it no longer was near my room once the room got switched, and I was stopped by the Police and asked to put my hands over my head because I fit the description of someone who had committed an armed robbery down the street. If Pam (i think that was her name) wasn't driving the airport shuttle behind the building at the time to tell him I was a hotel guest I might have been arrested.

Computer in thier lobby is not free (comfort inn website doesn't tell you this) plus it didn't work anyhow so I couldn't check email. The breakfast is average for a Comfort Inn, not the worst but not the best, for lack of selection. In Albuquerque the Comfort Inn East is vastly superior and I should have stayed there again as I did one other time passing through. It wasn't a great choice of where to stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
HspMgr, Manager at Ramada Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2007
It was an extremely unfortunate experience that this guest experienced and we are very sorry for the encounter with the local police department. We try to have a good working relationship with our local police to promote safety at our hotel and while we do not want any of our guests to be put through this experience we are grateful that we have a presence of police that are effectively participating in the Community Oriented policing program. I would rather have a guest questioned by a police officer investigating a crime than have no police presence at all. We are a safe hotel that cares about the safety of all of their guests with employees that work hard and have a sincere interest in providing comfortable and affordable accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Climax Springs, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

We stayed 3 nights during the Ballon Fiesta and found the room comforable. It was a first floor and very assesable to our car. Housekeeping was good. The front desk was nice but very young and very busy or not doing there job. Breakfast was not a good experience. Most hotels of this size have a breakfast person this one did, but when they ran out of almost everything and I ask the front desk for help I was told that the person who's job was to take care of breakfast had driven the shuttle to the airport and we would have to wait! The waffle mix was also mixed way to thin, it was left over from the day before and separated. So when it ran out it was no big deal.
So no waffles, no milk, no yogurt , and no fruit and no muffins! In the mean time there was a manager in the office talking to someone. She was oblivious to the situation. You would think they would have all there bases covered the week of the Fiesta. It could be a real nice place to stay if they would take care of a few things.

• Liked — Comfortable Room, easy to get to on the first floor!
  • Disliked — The lack of someone taking care of the breakfast area. Front desk inexperience
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for bringing to our attention our lack of service that we provided as this is not the standard that we have set at our hotel. We will definately be diligent about the service during the breakfast, the most IMPORTANT meal of the day! I invite you to come back and see the difference your comments have made and give us the opportunity to gain your loyalty.
sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

The housekeepers are very friendly, but, they need to train the Front Desk people with better Customer Service. I asked for extra pillows and was told to wait until tomorrow?!?! hello??? I needed the extra pillow to help me sleep tonight, not tomorrow!!!! what a shame. She was just very insensetive and COLD with customer's request. Will not stay there again.

• Disliked — front desk
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

This property really just needs some TLC. I found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My first huge problem was the small blood stain on one of the pillows. I found hairs on the shower walls. The room was just not as clean as I am used to at Comfort Inn. The parking lot and steps leading to guest rooms really need to be swept.

I will be in Albuquerque again in April, but will choose another airport hotel in the area

• Liked — Very Close to airport
  • Disliked — It was just not as clean as other Comfort Inn Hotels I have stayed in.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

My friend and I stayed at the Comfort Inn In the the same room another friend stayed in a room near by. The same maid cleaned both our rooms the only differance is that they weren't replacing my towels, my cups, or my ice liners. I went down to get some replacements from the front desk they gave me a garbage can liner for an ice bag. We eventually had to buy our own cups because they weren't being replaced and thankfully I packed extra towels other wise we wouldn't have had anything to dry off with.

But while my stuff wasn't being replaced the things in my friends room a couple doors away was being replaced everyday. I had my religous magazines sittng on my bedside stand along with my bible for my personal use. My friend in the other room didn't have anything like that with her.

The last night we were there we came back to our room and found a bottle of liquor we only had two drinks out of more than half empty but what was most offensive was that we found our magazines and bibles crammed in the bottom of a drawer with phone books on top of them and a book of the teachings of Buddah on our bedside table. When we tried to complain the clerk at the office he didn't even write down our complaint we had to call the manager the next morning who did nothing but pass the complaint on to some one else who then passed it on to someone else who was supposed to resolve the complaint before we checked out but never did and I still haven't heard anything about it to this day. No apology no nothing.

Please don't stay here don't let them do this to another non Buddist person again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The drunken hateful housekeepers
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't be of any religous denomination other than Buddist
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

I've been a customer of this particular Comfort Inn for many years and up until recently have always found it a good value and convenient for airport travel.
Lately, I have found this property less than desirable. The rooms have been renovated several times but are beginning to show their wear. And I have noticed that the motel has many fewer satellite TV stations than competing properties.
Weekends can be noisy. The airport location and proximity to the university means that people come and go at all hours.
But the most unpleasant incident of all was having to argue with the desk clerk when my room was not serviced during a 2-day stay. Despite the fact that the clerk knew I am a frequent customer, she was not willing to make any kind of adjustment to my room rate - and this at a property that guarantees 100% satisfaction. She insisted that I had left a "do not disturb" sign up which meant that the maid was unable to enter to clean the room. Yes, indeed the sign _had_ been up in the morning for about 2 hours, but I had removed it before 11 a.m.
She insisted that I had forgotten to remove the sign and that the onus was on me to _prove_ otherwise.
I was distressed that my integrity was questioned, especially at a property where I stay so frequently. The clerk finally relented and gave me a $12 refund (I suggested this amount) which I considered fair. The amount was just, but the aggravation involved was almost not worth the trouble.
I have noticed a drop in business at this particular property and have concluded that every penny of revenue counts at this motel.
I will be reducing my visits in the future. A shame because some of the staff are very accomodating.

• Stayed March 2005
Wink, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2005

Close to airport, several restaurants close to hotel, reasonable priced clean rooms for this location

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!