“Best Guest Service I Haver Ever Seen” 5 of 5 stars

Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1315 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107   |
Ranked #26 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico
“Best Guest Service I Haver Ever Seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My sister was ill in the hospital, I thought I would be staying just a few days but ended staying for 15 days. The Service I received was outstanding. Trish who is a mangaer was so kind to me. Every morning she asked how my sister was and if there was anything they could do to help. She offered shuttle service to the hospital and also let me stay late the day they released her. She made me feel like I was part of a family. This hotel has great service, clean rooms, a wonderful breakfast. I would rate my experience here better than excellent.

Room Tip: I had a bottom floor room in the courtyard area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
At times, our guests present us with an opportunity to display not only excellent guest service but also true compassion and concern. We appreciate that you opened your life to us and provided us with such an opportunity to serve you in such a special way during your sister's illness. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity and we hope to serve you again under happier circumstances.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Heber Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our stay was great! If you're traveling on a budget pick a great clean place close to the action & have fun! Sounds strange but this place really has great coffee! When we came down in the morning t smelled like Starbucks. Had to wait to use the computer in the lobby but it wasn't too bad. If you take the shuttle make sure you grab a hotel card for the taxi driver on the way back. Our guy had no clue where "the clubhouse" was.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We are very pleased to hear that you thought so highly of your recent experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque! Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding our room and coffee quality. We also appreciate hearing your feedback regarding the convenience of our services so we can look for ways to improve. Thank you once more for selecting the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque to meet your hospitality needs!
minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'd have to say that my experience with the Clubhouse Inn was the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with a hotel. When we arrived to check in we realized that the pool was under construction. The only reason I booked this hotel was because the pool looked awesome (Its the first photo they display on all of the travel sites, including this on.). We had already been traveling the whole day so as I checked in I explained why we didn't want to stay there and asked if they would let me check in for one night and cancel the rest of my stay. I was told that that is fine with the hotel and I'd just need to cancel with the travel company I booked through. Seemed like no big deal. So I checked out the next day and called the travel company. They agreed that I had legitimate reason to cancel my reservation. They called the hotel to confirm and the Clubhouse Inn refused to refund the money for the second and third night even though they acknowledged that their pool was under construction and they did not disclose that before I booked the hotel. I then called the hotel, after already dealing with this for two hours on my vacation, and the front desk manager was rude, implied that I was lying and that all of the employees know not to give refunds and refused to give the okay to refund the travel company for the nights I did not stay there. Hotels.com did refund a portion of my stay, but not the full two nights. In addition the all of this nonsense the room was a little gross and the beds were horrible. Terrible experience over all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience of our pool not yet being open for the season and for any miscommunication on our part that led you to believe it would be during your stay. We also apologize for our lack of proper responsiveness to meet your refund request. We have since reviewed this situation and made some changes to how we will meet this kind of issue should it ever recur.

We appreciate that you chose our hotel for a specific amenity, our pool, and agree that we should have immediately refunded the remainder of the deposit for your stay by contacting the third-party reservation site you had used to make your reservation. So you are aware, we have done so at this time, and you should see a refund to your credit card for the nights you did not stay with us within 7 - 10 business days. Please inform us if you do not see this reflected on your statement within the aforementioned time frame.

Thank you once more for choosing to stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque and for telling us about the issues you experienced. We appreciate the opportunity to improve on our service, and hope that you will consider staying with us again so we may demonstrate our improved service to you. Thank you!
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Expedia and were told we'd be able to walk to Old Towne. Technically, I guess you could but it is more than a 10 min. DRIVE. We were also told there is a shuttle from the airport, which there is, but you have to call them to come get you and it took a half hour to arrive. Anyway, that's Expedia, not the hotel.
Hotel staff is very friendly as were the shuttle drivers. Lobby is clean and nice. Internet access in room but only one computer available in lobby if one is needed. Hallways, still clean, weren't as pleasant.....kind of low on lighting. Room and bathroom were fine, actually nice and very clean. Enough lighting, which is important to me. There were enough towels of decent quality but they were rough.
Old Towne wraps it up about 6 or earlier if shop owner feels like it. Hours stated on doors do not necessarily reflect actual hours. You can go Downtown for nightlife ( youngish crowd, clubs) but no shuttle service after 7pm
About the shuttle: it will take you to all places of interest within the general area and it is free. Driver accepted tip but certainly was not looking for one. Biggest problem is that since service ends so early, going out at night, requires use of a taxi or you have to figure out the bus situation, which is said to be good. Still, getting specific answers about buses was not easy.
Overall, good hotel especially for value, but I'd stay closer to Old Towne had I realized the inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2013
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to tell others about your recent stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. Thank you also for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to the Albuquerque area.
We apologize for the inaccuracy of information regarding our hotel's location conveyed to you via Expedia. We investigated the Expedia website and were unable to locate the erroneous information so we could correct it. If you are so inclined, we would love to hear directly from you regarding the location of this inaccuracy so we can prevent this issue from recurring in the future. We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel shuttle, and we will consider extending our shuttle hours to further accommodate our guests. Thank you once more for sharing your experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque. We look forward to serving you again!
Milford, Nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great hotel--good breakfast, good room, nice location, wonderful staff and a great value. Led a small group to the Gathering of Nations. Highly recommended. Conveniently located to all major attractions

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites in Albuquerque, and for selecting our hotel to meet your hospitality needs during the Gathering of Nations. We look forward to your return!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I arrived on 4/18 to hear a front desk clerk having a heated argument with a guest. This was very disturbing to me. I was scared that they were actually going to have a fist fight right there at the front. I have never in my life experienced such a rude clerk in my life. I then noticed what a disshuffled look he had. This was my first time at this hotel and after seeing and hearing how rude this man was I turned and walked out. So much for hospitality, it makes you wonder how this man handels others. If you are looking for a bar fight this is the place for you.

Room Tip: I don't know anything else about the hotel because we walked out
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Please accept our deepest apologies for the poor guest service you witnessed and experienced when you arrived at our hotel. I assure you that yours was an atypical experience at our hotel, as demonstrated by numerous guest reviews, and would like to inform you that this situation was certainly addressed with the employee and guests involved.

We apologized to the guests, as did the employee at fault, and were able to resolve the concerns that sparked the unfortunate incident to the guests' satisfaction. While we certainly do not condone our employee's behavior, we took every measure to ensure that our guests walked away from the situation completely satisfied and looking forward to their next visit with us.

It is our hope that you might provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate to you the level of guest service that has numerous guests returning to our hotel time and again, year in and year out. Should you be interested in doing so, please contact me directly, and I will see to it that you are likewise equally satisfied as many of our guests. Thank you for informing us of your concerns, and we look forward to serving you!
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Check in is very nice. Lobby and lounge areas have been updated recently. This is an older hotel, so the bathrooms are smaller than some of the hotels built more recently. The rooms are larger than some of the newer hotel and the value is very good.

The service was excellent. Everyone we encountered at the hotel greeted us with a smile and our stay was nice and quite. My wife and I were traveling on business and the hotel served our needs quite nicely.

The hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast with some healthy options in addition to the normal breakfast foods. It also offers an evening reception with two complimentary drinks and snacks.

The hotel does not have a fitness facility.

Room Tip: We arrived in Albuquerque early in the day. We stopped by the hotel and they let us check in early...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed your stay at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque! You noted that we do not have a Fitness Center in your review. Though it does not contain extensive equipment, we indeed have a Fitness Center containing a treadmill, elliptical, and exercise bicycle on our first floor. I apologize that we did not inform you sufficiently regarding this service during your stay, and we will work to improve on communicating the property features to guests so they don't miss out on anything during their stay. We hope you for your return in the near future so you can take advantage of our Fitness Center, as well as our other numerous property services. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback. We look forward to serving you again!