“Just Passing Through” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Conifer, Colorado
“Just Passing Through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here on our route from Denver to Phoenix. The Inn is clean, easy on/off I-25 and price friendly. The Complimentary Manager's Happy Hour and Hot Breakfast make it a great value. It's also close to several restaurant choices. It's all round friendly staff, pricing, location and cleanliness make it a traveler's dream!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side give good access to the parking lot....but also are along the highway. We we...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Mtnpatt,

We are centrally located in the heart of Albuquerque and from our property one can be in any area of our great city within 15 minutes! We're so happy that you were able to attend our nightly Manager's Reception and then enjoy our FULL HOT breakfast buffet each morning while you stayed with us. Thank you for your review and on your way to and from Denver to Phoenix again, please come back to see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Pasadena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Clubhouse Inn for a conference. The reason I picked this hotel was due to the shuttle service they offered. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was great, the drinks were even better. The staff was the best except the General Manager Karen. Karen was the rudest person I have ever experienced in my entire traveling life. She had an attitude like no other. She was throwing things, she slammed a door at the front desk and then I heard get rude with other staff members. I felt like we were an inconvience to her. After my experience with her I refused to ride with her again. I had the great pleasure of driving with the other 2 drivers. The first driver was a young man who was wonderful. The other driver was a woman who ran the desk. They were very pleasent and always smiled and asked if they could help. I thought to myself how could this hotel get such great reviews with a manager like Faren, until I met the rest of the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Jared G,

You are absolutely correct, our Staff is outstanding! Regarding your statements, I've spoken with each Staff member and none of us can recall any of the things you've discribed in your review. However, you have certainly taught us something and that is to remain patient even when a high level of demand is placed upon the staff. Thank you for your comments.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Spent a night at the end of a business/pleasure trip in NM. Front desk honored my request for a room “on the quite side” of the hotel, opposite the interstate. Room was on second floor and there is no elevator, which is made clear on their website. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I like white noise to help me sleep, but the AC and fan stop running when the temperature is reached on the thermostat. Internet didn’t work, and a person at breakfast said it had only worked intermittently for the past several days. I spoke with the GM, Faren Selman, and he was apologetic about the problem and said they “were working on it.” I arrived late and did not partake of the nightly manager’s special, and the breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: quieter rooms are on the opposite side of the interstate
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Alashas,

Thank you for your review. We certainly strive to place all of our guests where they will be most comfortable per their requests.

I do indeed recall speaking with you regarding the internet and we have resolved the issue. Perhaps during your next visit you will be able to enjoy our Managers Reception. We hope to see you soon!
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I found a few things that bugged me but the over all stay at this hotel was great. The huge pillows that they put on the bed, had no place to go when we pulled the couch bed out so we had to put a towel on the floor and stack them up, The are not useful for anything other then decoration and in a small space those kind of decorations you can do with out.
The patio's were great to sit out and visit with friends and have a drink, but getting out to them from your room was hard to do, the drapes and the handles to pull the drapes were in the way. If they had thought to make the curtain rods about 3 inches longer that could have been avoided,

BUT they have an awesome team there, absolutely 100% awesome people working there! The beds were great !. The internet connection was a little iffy but we weren't bothered to much by that . The breakfast is awesome, and we felt relaxed !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Francesill,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize to you that our decorative pillows and standard-size drapery rods were in your way.

You're correct, we do have an awesome staff! Our beds are very comfortable as you stated. We have corrected the internet issue you experienced and look forward to your return visit!
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were absolutely delighted with this property. The room was spacious and clean, the staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is a full, hot breakfast and very nice. There is a manager's reception each evening and each guest is given 2 free drinks of their choice. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in theAlbuquerque area. My husband and I were on a trip along Route 66 and this was one of our favorite hotels - we would definitely stay there again if we were back in the area.

Room Tip: Older persons may want a first floor room as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We certainly strive to make sure all our guests have a comfortable stay. Our staff is empowered to make sure all our guests are accommodated during their time with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Williams, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My daughter and I were looking for a comfortable hotel near downtown were we could get a good night sleep before picking up our German Shepherd puppies. The hotel is older but it has been updated with very comfortable beds. Because of it's age, the rooms were much larger than the newer hotels. I would advise that if you stay, you reserve a patio or balcony inside courtyard room since the hotel is right on the 25. The inside rooms are very quiet. The free coctails are nice. However the only food available is a short order bar with pizza and hot sandwiches. This was fine for us. At least if you are hungry you can find something without having to get back in the car after a long drive. The fresh popcorn was a nice treat.

Room Tip: Reserve an inside room facing the courtyard and pool. Otherwise you will have freeway noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Patricia A,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. You're absolutely correct, our guest rooms are larger than most of those rooms at newer hotels! We're happy that you enjoyed our Managers Reception as well as dinner from our Fuzion Grille prior to picking up your German Shepherd puppies! We would be delighted to have you stay with us again in the future and of course, please bring those puppies back with you as we are a pet friendly hotel.
Las Cruces
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had been planning a trip to Albuquerque for a friends wedding for several months. We booked a hotel close to the wedding reception venue on hotels.com. At the last minute, we decided that 2 of our children would be joining us on the trip. They informed us that we would have to pay an additional $14 per person for breakfast, but they would only give us 2 breakfast tickets no matter how many people stayed. They also told us we had to pay $10 additional each night for parking in front of their hotel. I cancelled our reservation and we were leaving in a day! I found the Clubhouse Inn and called and asked some questions and booked our last minute reservation. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, the rooms were clean and very nice, the courtyard with the pool was beautiful and relaxing AND I saved almost $100 from the other hotel. We also enjoyed the free cocktails and the atmosphere was pleasant. Will definately be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a balcony facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Francesca96, General Manager at Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Kimberly L,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Tripadvisor readers. You provided valuable information for them! As stated in your review, our property is what our guests expect; clean, easy to get to, and a great deal! Parking is complimentary just as our Manager's Reception(5p-8p, Mo-Sa) and our FULL HOT breakfast buffet are. We look forward to your nexy stay with us!

Been to Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque? Share your experiences!