“Nice, trendy... but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cascada

You added Hotel Cascada to your Saves list
Hotel Cascada
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Carlisle Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Formerly Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Water Park)   |
Ranked #92 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
albuquerque
“Nice, trendy... but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We weren't able to stay at the Cascada (so I can't comment on the rooms). But we were attending a conference that was held there. So I can speak to the hotel's other features.

1. Newly remodeled. Looks very, very trendy. Very upscale looking.

2. Looks can be deceiving.

3. The food in their bar may be better, but the little restaurant in the lobby is average at best. The service is excellent, (really it is... top notch servers and excellent service), but the food is straight hotel fair: unimaginative, and nothing you haven't had before (and probably better) somewhere else. Still, there are so many excellent restaurants close by, so you're probably not staying there for the food.

4. The bar was packed every night (and it was a UFC fight weekend) so it was very, very crowded with really rowdy, aggressive-looking and acting folks who were drinking heavily. In fact, my friend's car was stolen out of the hotel parking lot that night.

5. Speaking of parking, if there's a special event, it's terrible. We needed a handicapped spot but they were all taken - by cars WITHOUT handicapped plates or placards. When I went to the front desk to ask if there was something they could do, they replied that there were multiple special events at the hotel and they didn't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. When I asked them if it mattered to them that I was attending one of those special events and had the handicapped placard but couldn't find a spot so my feathers were a bit ruffled... well, it seemed like they just didn't want to get involved. I reminded them that they handicap spots don't cease to be for disabled people when an event begins... and they told me they weren't going to do anything. So... if you like to use the blue spots and you're not disabled, they're not going to bother you here. If you DO need them however, you're on your own. Management isn't going to help you.

Also, they were allowing cars to park in the fire lanes in front of the hotel... so they're clearly willing to place their wallet above your safety. It's a nice looking place... but... well, you get my drift.

And maybe things would be better if there wasn't a UFC pay-per-event in the bar, a rave packed with teenagers in the water park in the hotel, and a handful of other special events. Maybe it was sub-optimal because they had their hands full. I don't know. We MIGHT consider staying there... or not...

Room Tip: DON'T book when there are other special events (like UFC pay-per-view) in the bar. Get there ear...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

So I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from February 17 to the 20th., and I encountered a BEDBUG problem. I was very diplomatic when I addressed it with the GM who was very apologetic, and wanted to make things right. In doing so, he offered to pay for the cleaning of my clothes and replacement of my luggage as well as offered me a free night stay. I later booked another 3 night stay a few days ago, and asked about the free night stay that I was promised, however the manager who made the promise is no longer at this hotel. Instead of accommodating me, I was met with rudeness, suspicion, from the girl at the front desk, and again by someone with who I'd spoken by phone. I met with a manager this morning who did not know what to do, except to remind me that "it's a tough business" and he also apologized, but still left everything unresolved. I'm a business owner, and if they worked for me I'd either retrain them or terminate them. Further, thanks for the condom wrapper left in my room along with a big stain of human DNA on the mattress. I left 2 messages for someone of authority to call me, and even after 2 days, no one has called.I will not stay here again..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Patrick H, Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize about the Front Desk not knowing about what our GM at the time promised you. You can definitely reach out to me if you would like so we can discuss your experience further. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you in person.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Never mind the fact it was loud until the wee hours. The wifi didn't work AT ALL. Our backdoor view was the vending machine. Our towels reeked of smoke and mold. The shower curtain was torn and short, so water leaked every time we showered. When we first entered our room EVERYTHING was unplugged, including the lamps and TV. The sleep number beds didn't even work. Every attempt to contact and order room service was a minimum of 3 calls of endless ringing until I just contacted the front desk. Our 'spacious' room was joining rooms of two other suites so I got to hear their TV's and conversations (The couch covered one door). Our friends found a condom by the pool. Some other friends' vehicle was stolen from the hotel parking lot and security didn't bother to assist in the late hours. There was someone drunk who was yelling and punching the machines right outside our door which made us feel SO safe. Absolutely horrible time. I don't recommend this to anyone. You'd have better luck somewhere else at the cost of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

There were drunks, stoners and people fighting all night, every night. When we notified the front desk that we were out of toilet paper for the second time, they never showed up. Too many party head types, if that's your thing you'll fit right in. If you want a good night's sleep, forget this place, you'll most likely have to call security or police to report the drunks shouting and beating each other up like we did

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Patrick H, Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, 3 days ago
I am very disheartened that your experience was not a pleasant one. I would enjoy the opportunity to apologize in person. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Thank you, and I hope you have a pleasant day!

Roswell, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff from Hotel Cascada tended to our every need during our extended stay. Mr. Chavez and staff from front desk have impeccable customer service
skills. Ramon and the maids and groundskeepers keep everything clean and comfortable. I highly recommend the Cascada of Abq.
Kenni C

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Patrick H, Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at Hotel Cascada. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with Steffen, Ramon, and the Housekeeping team. The staff always appreciates when their hard work makes a difference in the eyes of the guest.

Thank you again!

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked on Hotwire and didn't know what we were getting. This is never a place we would have booked had we known that it's primary attraction was a water park. We were just happy that we got there on a Sunday night and the water park was closed.

The front staff was disinterested and error prone. (They sent me to a room that was not cleaned and didn't have access to the outdoor, which is what we had requested. To their credit, they did fix the problem quickly.)

The room was large and a tad uncared for, but perfectly adequate. What wasn't adequate was the lack of soundproofing. You could hear everything from the next room and the hallway.

Amenities like soap and shampoo were better than average.

The pool and atrium are lovely looking ,but filled with children. We opted for the jacuzzi which, unfortunately, was cold because they were changing the water.

Something about the place just seemed off to us. We were happy to leave.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Patrick H, Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will definitely share your comments with the Front Office Manager, and ensure that issue is fixed. I am sharing your other comments with my team, to make them aware of and address those issues. I am glad you enjoyed the in room amenities such as the soap and shampoo.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed ourselves Saturday at the water park our 4 boys waited in line for the free passes which made it even possible for Us to go and we are so grateful because its not something we can really afford at this time our boys also were super happy to see Darth Vader and loved boogie boarding on the Flowrider and the yummy cake! The grown-ups enjoyed the live DJ and the hot tub. On our way out the boys had even more fun on the jumpers outside. I want to thank the staff for putting on such a wonderful event that brings our community together and allowed us to enjoy the water park without breaking the bank

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Patrick H, Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while in the Waterpark and the Hotel's 2 year anniversary. I am glad you and your family enjoyed all the Waterpark has to offer. The Hotel was happy to see such a great turnout for our 2 year anniversary as Hotel Cascada. We have come such a long way, and look forward to what we can offer to the community in the future.

Thank you again!

Patrick Hutchison
Director of Operations

Been to Hotel Cascada? Share your experiences!