“Not good.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cascada

You added Hotel Cascada to your Saves list
Hotel Cascada
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Carlisle Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Formerly Park Inn by Radisson Hotel & Water Park)   |
Ranked #79 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are okay. You have to go out in the hall to get wifi. We had to reactivate our keys twice. Gave us no information on the waterpark on check in, so did not know waterpark closed at 3 on Sundays. Missed being able to do waterpark. Overall terrible would not stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
Ian P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I want to apologize for the failure in wi-fi and key systems. These are very easy details to make sure you our guest can enjoy. I personally will address the checkin staff for not offering you the Water Park hours. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you choose to return to the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Las Cruces
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had so much fun! My kiddos are 10&11 so they we old enough to do everything and had a blast! Teenagers might get bored easily until they find the wave rider section. Awesome surfing simulator with an instructor to help you learn to surf and belly board. The whole place is clean with lots of life guards and big fans to try to keep it cool. Definitely worth the money for a session.

• Stayed October 2013
So glad to hear that you and your family had a great experience in the Water Park. Have to agree with the teens, the flowrider wave machine is amazing fun...even for the adults! We hope you get to return soon. Thank you again for your kind words.
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

First of all they gave gave us the wrong type of room and I have to insist and show them my copy of the reservation showingnthat i booked and paid for a superior room instead of a standard room. Then we found out in the middle of the night that the heater in the room was not working so we were freezing the whole night because they can't fix it till the next day. When they were able to fix it in the morning, me and my baby stayed in the room in the afternoon. I just realize after 30 minutes that the heater was not working again and the room temp was at 64 degrees. They send somebody to fix it but i was told that it can't be fix till the next day. I demanded to be transferred to another room And they said there was no available room. I just wondered because the parking lot was not even full and there were not a lot of people in the hotel plus the balloon festival was over a week ago so I know it was a slow weekend. Their solution was to give us a portable heater which really was a crazy idea because I have kids in the room . They did not even offer me anything to really made our stay comfortable knowing that we have the problem since day 1. I wanted to leave that night but it was hard to look for another place coz it was kinda late. It was my worst experience with a hotel ..I would not recommend staying there because they were not helpful and would not even try to accommodate their guest even if it's their fault...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
It is unacceptable that our Staff was unable to accomodate you in the right room, even worse unable to get the heat situation repaired. Please accept my apologies and be assured that this will be addressed with the Reservations and Engineering Manager. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so we can further discuss the service errors and come up with a good resolution together. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your valuable information.
Golden, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Hotel Cascada was exactly what we expected when we walked in to check in, but when we got to our room, we were disenchanted to say the least. If you are in the main building, you will either get a room with a sliding glass door facing into the parking lot where the headlights will shine right into your room and anyone smoking or exhaust fumes come right into the air conditioning unit and into your room, OR you get an internal room that has a sliding glass door opening right up to the pool area, open until 10pm with screaming children, drunk adults in the hot tub and colour changing lights. We were "lucky" enough to get a room with the parking lot view. Unfortunately, the key card swipe at the door to enter did not work intermittently and would require driving all the way back to the front of the hotel to carry everything to the room, or heading to the next external entry door. The curtains did not keep out the light and the walls were paper thin. Everything going on in the hallway and in the one room next to us and above us was completely audible. There was obvious water damage throughout the room; all the doors were separating and peeling away at least an inch up from the bottom, there was a giant blob of putty on the ceiling used to cover up some apparent water damage in the main bedroom area, there were two head or elbow indents on the wall adjacent to the bed, the plumbing for the tub/shower was not attached to the wall, the shower curtain bar looked to have been ripped out and some caulk had been blobbed in to cover the holes and was replaced with a curved bar with a shower liner and curtain that did not extend to the actual tub so it was useless in preventing water from covering the bathroom floor. The sleep number bed? AWFUL! After a 6.5 hour drive and wanting to stretch out for a moment I could not believe the atrocity of the bed. It was as if they had just taken a 10$ air mattress and thrown it inside the shell of an actual mattress and connected an air pump and called it a sleep number. I've been on sleep number beds before, I'm not a fan to begin with, but this was like an overused tester bed that needed to be trashed.
Outside of the room, we ate at the bar our one night there, the food was pretty good. We enjoyed the fish and chips and roasted vegetable and goat cheese flat bread. No complaints on the food. There was an apparent "issue" with a homeless man who was sitting at the bar and the security at the hotel escorted him out. From all appearances he had ordered and paid for food and was watching some baseball, but he was intoxicated and not a guest and while I didn't notice anything out of order, I was also eating my own dinner and not 100% aware. Security acted very kindly to the man and did not get mean or forceful in any way and there was no situation. It didn't make me feel any better about my sliding glass door facing out into the parking lot though. The starbucks "amped cafe" in the lobby was a blessing... the breakfast buffet was pretty decent, although 11.95 including drink for eggs, bacon, potatoes, french toast seemed a little much considering a lot of 3 star hotels offer more included with the room. We did not visit the water park, or go in the pool. If any other 3 star, or 4 star, hotel had not been completely booked, we would have stayed elsewhere for sure. I highly do not recommend a stay here nor will we ever be staying again on our trips to Albuquerque. I wish I had taken some photos to share.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian P, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cascada, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies that the hotel failed to make your stay a positive experience. We do not take the issues you mentioned lightly. Be assured they will be addressed with our team. Although the challenge of the person removed from the sports lounge, I am glad you enjoyed the food and service. Again, I am sorry that our hotel was not what you expected. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We found a deal on this hotel last minute when we were arriving late into Albuquerque. If we hadn't gotten such a great rate ($69 plus taxes on Hotel Tonight app - the front desk said their best rate was $115 when I called) we never would have stayed here. We probably won't again.

It seems very classy in the photos but my husband and I agreed it is a party hotel, good for families, high school field trips and the bar-scene. Dingy bathroom, dirty hallways, and very loud - in the lobby when we walked in (which is right by the bar) and at night in the hallways outside our door. Thankfully we brought a noise machine for our baby and that drowned out most of it. Also thankful we brought a pack-n-play for baby because they charge $10 for one. There are some interesting touches, like a pretty fish pond in the floor of the hallway outside our room, but again, just sort of a weird place.

We thought breakfast would be included but there is only a restaurant/cafe (with Starbucks coffee) in the lobby where breakfast starts at around $10. Too much for us!

No instructions at check-in about how the water park or the fitness classes work or even if they are included, and it was hard even to hear the front desk lady over the noise from the bar. And a $30 charge to our credit card for incidentals, to be returned after we checked out. Why? Did they think we'd steal the towels? It was never explained.

It was hard to find parking and we were a little worried about safety with the signs posted around to not leave valuables in vehicles. Difficult to navigate around the hotel with the sky bridge and little signage. We never found the water park entrance, not that we wanted to swim at 10pm at night anyway.

The room was nicer than a motel but the attention to detail was not there. No hand towels or wash cloths (even motels have them!) and a too-short shower curtain that leaked water on the floor if it wasn't placed exactly right. The door opened really awkwardly right in front of the toilet. Wish we had a warning: the water came out of the tap and the shower BOILING (scary with a baby). Nice coffee station but the plastic filter was covered in a layer of dust. Didn't feel like anything was really that clean but it wasn't a dirty motel either. The bed was comfy but double beds? Just...small and awkward.

Overall: you probably only should come here for the water park or the great deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights.
I found the room quite good. I was in a single king room, the size of the room was very good. I enjoyed the adjustable mattress firmness. I did not have the same problem as other reviewers (with the mattress self-adjusting).
I found the hotel relatively central in Albuquerque; it seemed to be 15 minutes or less away from the majority of my destinations.
My only three qualms:
1) I didn't find the cleanliness of the room very good. The 4 nights that I stayed, the room was not vacuumed once and the bathroom needed a thorough cleaning...
2) the hotel I booked with was Park Inn by Radisson, but when I arrived, the hotel's actual name is Hotel Cascada... I suppose that's more of an issue with Priceline, rather than the hotel, I just found it odd...
3) I found the wifi constantly dropped my connection and also would vary dramatically in strength.
Overall this is a good hotel. The value was very good, I would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
new mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is very deceiving! Once you walk into the lobby it has beautiful decor and clean. Rooms are a nightmare! You walk into the room and think wow sleep number beds...what a joke! You set your bed at 60 and in the morning you are sunken in the bed as if you had left the bed at zero. When we checked in and went to our room I went to hang shirts in the closet and found another persons dirty shirt very visible on the floor. So disgusting! Bathrooms are small and dirty no one cleans them or notices the brown spots everywhere. Water park is nice and fun but do not stays at the hotel. We reserved 3 rooms and all the guys beds did not work and looked like they were being eaten by the bed. On the last day we had a check out at 4pm because we bought the room and water park passes as a deal. At 9:30 housekeeping knocks to clean room and I said we are here till 4pm she apologizes and leaves. My fiancée and dad return to my room at 2pm and housekeeping asks what time are you checking out at? Room needs to be cleaned, so frustrating being pushed out the room. I will not recommend this hotel or ever return for the 1,600 we spent on three rooms!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Cascada? Share your experiences!