“This place is pretty awesome for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104 (West Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #19 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“This place is pretty awesome for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

So I gave this place an excelent not because it's some 5 star hotel, but for what you get for the price, it's definitely excellent. First of all let me say that Motel 6 is cheap, but it's a terrible brand. And other brands like Holiday Inn just offer up an attractive rate and then get you on pet fees, wifi fees and maybe in the downtown areas on ridiculous parking prices.
I've stayed in two different Best Westerns in the past 2 days in New Mexico and they were both fantastic as they didn't charge a pet fee for my dog, parking was free, wifi was free on an open network. They have laundry facilities and this Best Western even has room service and they give you a voucher to choose if you want breakfast or to use it towards another restaurant item which is awesome because I never wake up for breakfast or make it in time. Some hotels even had a breakfast from just 6a-9a which I think is so funny - but this place does from 6a-11a.
The rooms didn't have that smoke smell that you get in many places even in the non smoking rooms.
Best of all? The staff here are so friendly and helpful. One even brought plastic silverware up to me when I forgot to get some at the local market.
They're all just super friendly and very well trained. I would even venture to say that I feel like I would rather stay here than a super nice designer hotel because I feel like I'm getting true value for my money and much more even.
It's even in a pretty great location next to the town and there is a good walk and closeby variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing away from the nearby highway - other than that you're good. and it's r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for the thorough review. I am glad you chose us because of our location and that our service and amenities ultimately made your decision a smart one. We have great breakfast hours to make sure we accommodate everyone. I will make sure I let everyone know about there great service. Hope to see you again sometime.

1 (505) 843-9500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our second stay here. The first was in 2011 when we wanted to visit Old Town Albuquerque, the Natural History Museum, Aquarium, Botanical Gardens, and the zoo. This time we were passing through town on our way from the Grand Canyon and decided to stay here again. We got into town a bit earlier than the official check in time, but there was no problem in checking in earlier. Our room was quiet and comfortable with good beds, bathroom, and other amenities I've come to expect in this type of hotel. There is an onsite restaurant and we received breakfast vouchers which we used for a filling and well-made breakfast. The only problem I have with this hotel is that it is rather sprawling and can be a bit confusing. However, I would not hesitate to stay here again the next time we're in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you coming back and glad you enjoyed yourself again. I couldn't say it any better than you did and I hope to see you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Very good service. Decent size room and excellent service . Would surely recommend if you are planning to stay in Albuquerque.
Breakfast optio s are good. The service staff struggle at peak times and its obvious. Apart from that observation it was all good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you recommending us to others. We strive to have excellent service. So thank you again. Happy travels.

Churt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is an unsophisticated hotel but very clean and comfortable. Indeed I had the best night's sleep of my holiday here. It has free WiFi and a coffee-maker which are always welcome and not always present in even some of the larger city hotels. There is a bit of a walk into the old town but can be done relatively easily

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay. We do also provide a courtesy shuttle that can take you to old town and pick you back up that run from 7am-10pm. Continue to have happy travels and we hope the next time your in the area you will stop again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel was nicely decorated and the staff was super. Our waiter remembered our ordered on our second day. We got vouchers to get a hot breakfast. The pool is outdoors and was very nice. The bed was great and the room clean.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third and fourth floors have better views and tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that our location was convenient, staff helpful and amenities appealing. Thanks, again.

Meridian, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Was traveling through the Albuqirque NM and stayed at Best Western. Clean room. Door cards didn't work well and had to have them changed out, otherwise was a very nice over night stay. Breakfast was great. Internet was strong and useful. Direct TV was great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
dos1, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. I apologize for the door situation. I know the staff will love to know that their efforts were appreciated. Happy Travels.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were very pleased with this BW. Our room was clean and spacious and we had a little character made out of washcloths on our bed that my kids thought was neat. The front desk staff was gracious and the restaurant was nice for breakfast. The food was good and just enough for my family of four. The great part was that it was in walking distance of Old Town.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that our location, staff and bar/restaurant exceeded your expectations. The duck is a great little decoration that our housekeeping does. I'm happy that the four of you enjoyed your stay. You know where to stop if you ever come through Albuquerque again.

1 (505) 843-9500

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn? Share your experiences!