“Hidden charges” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104 (West Old Town)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #20 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hendwerson, United States
“Hidden charges”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very expensive for an average property and very lg. pet fee charged with an obscure notice. Rooms were fine but where we have received a FREE breakfast with the room in the past it now costs a minimum of $5.00. Apparently with the Balloon festival in town the motel could get a higher rate & a charge for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. Please note that you did stay with us before the Balloon Fiesta event and the rate you booked at was not influenced by the consumer demand of such a large event. You did book your reservation online the day before your arrival. Our pet policy is clearly posted on our website. Pet policies regarding fees are determined by the brand and are universal at all Best Westerns nationally. That is precisely done to prevent confusion when traveling from BW to BW. A property that accepts pets can charge a maximum of $20 per evening. That is what we charge and what is posted on our website. Again, every Best Western must abide by this corporate mandate and the language that is posted to our website is provided by the brand. Whether $20 is a very large pet fee (your description) is up to the customer to determine. Please note our breakfast policy is also clearly explained on our website. Our hotel is part of a national brand that regulates every piece of marketing material we put out.

Regarding whether we are expensive or not, you did mention that you have stayed with us in the past so I would assume that you could determine whether a price is fair or not when booking the reservation online.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
March, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was the best hotel because David on reception was more than helpful. He find us the best deal, the best room and gave us excellent service all round. In addition he took us in the shuttle bus to the Indian Cultural centre, told us how to reach the old town and collected us from there when we were ready to return. This is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: Be a Best Western member.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hey, now! People are going to think you're on our payroll. Thank you for the kind words about David. He is a very valuable employee and we will share your compliments with him. Safe travels back to the UK.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is fine, clean and comfortable. Well situated for visiting a number of places in the historic old town. Breakfast was included but was slow and not really worth the wait - a good continental buffet would have been better and then we need not have had to pay for the coffee. We did not understand that you could only have one drink as part of the meal and we had already requested orange juice. Small point but needs attention.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank your for taking the time and writing a review. I agree with your suggestions on the coffee. It is something that needs to be addressed. We are glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.
nashville Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My room was made up nice, the bed was very comfortable with a very thick and soft mattress. The pool and Hot tub were very relaxing. I liked that the pool area opened early in the morning and stayed open till about 10 PM. The front desk staff were friendly, and gave me great directions for local attractions. They also gave me a razor on request. (which I had been unable to bring on a plane). This was a great room for a very reasonable price. The on site restaurant had decent food but nothing really special about it. I would definitely stay here again, but I would eat somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and beds but am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the restaurant.
Surprise, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This place was amazing! Beautiful, large rooms. New Mexico style decorating. Gorgeous presentation on the outside. Even a phone call to the room to make sure we were satisfied. I wish all Best Western motels were just like this one. I don't know what the "Plus" in the name stands for, but they certainly did go over and beyond my expectation! I would have never anticipated such a nice stay for the price I paid. Definitely upscale!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank your for the kind words and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate everything you wrote and will do our best to provide the level of service we provided you, to all our guests.
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I wasn't here long, but everything was clean and the service was fine. I left a pc charging cord in the room when I left and house keeping found it and kept it for me until I came back through town. Comfy clean beds, clean and recently updated. The a/c was a little loud but that just blocked out the thunder from the storm outside. There were quite a few vagrants wondering around but it looks like they lock the gates to the parking lot at night. Probably due to the proximity of the highway, bus routes and tourist attractions.

Room Tip: If you are in a west side room, you can see the hot air balloons coming up in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
dos1, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback. I am glad we were able to retrieve your charger and that you were pleased with our service and beds.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Recently stayed here with my family, and I have to say this is one of the nicest experiences I've had in a hotel in a long time super friendly staff. Marissa was absolutely helpful went above and beyond my expectations to make sure my family's needs were meet! the Hotel is older but looks recently renovated as well as amazingly clean and is conveniently close to museums and Historic old town! I am definitely staying here next time I am in Albuquerque!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. We are so pleased that the staff was able to exceed you expectations and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn? Share your experiences!