Staff was friendly, check in went smoothly, room was clean and bed was comfy. Elevator/s weren't working properly...skipped floors, stopped between floors and were generally very slow. Ours skipped our floor and went to the one above, we pushed for our floor and it started down then stopped between floors. Had to push the buttons for several floors before it moved and finally took us to our floor. After we settled into our room we wanted to sit in the hot tub. Waited for almost 10 minutes for an elevator so us and another guy who was also waiting, decided to just use the stairs to go to the pool area. To our surprise the doors at the bottom of stairs are connected to the fire alarms so there is no way to get outside without using an elevator (at least we couldn't find one). We followed some of the other exit signs and finally found another elevator that worked properly. Informed the desk person who said they knew about the problem, the elevators are old, and they had put in a call to the elevator repair company. There was an "out of service" sign on the elevator the next morning. Once we got to the hot tub we discovered that it was luke warm, the jets were blowing cold water so you didn't want to sit in front of them and it was full of the buds from a nearby tree. We did sit in it for less than 10 minutes and went back to the room where I had to remove the buds that were stuck to my skin and inside my suit. Didn't go into the restaurant so can't comment on it. We were just passing through so really only needed somewhere to sleep and the room fit the bill.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rio Grande Hotel
- Best Western Plus Rio Grande Hotel Albuquerque
- Best Western Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the Historic Old Town District with over 150 unique shops, restaurants, and art galleries nestled around the Albuquerque Plaza. The Inn is bordered by I-40 to the North, the Downtown District to the East, Route 66 to the South, and the Rio Grande River to the West. Swimming pool, hot tub, restaurant, cantina, business center, and free Wi-Fi. 100% non-smoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Best Western, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.