We stayed here two nights on a Route 66 bus trip.
The hotel is very nice, even though it is near the freeway there is no traffic noise.
The rooms are well decorated in Mexican style, with lovely touches like a branding on the headboards. The room wasn't massive, but it was large enough. The only let down was the coffee in the room, it was awful.
There was free wifi in the rooms and a couple of computer terminals in the lobby. There is a free shuttle service to the old town, but it really is less than a 10 min walk, as well as taking you to the airport and train station.
The staff we encountered were OK but not super friendly.
Dinner in the restaurant was good
As an alternative try St Clair Bistro which is just over the road, the food was very good
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rio Grande Hotel
- Best Western Plus Rio Grande Hotel Albuquerque
- Best Western Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel located in the Historic Old Town District with over 150 unique shops, restaurants, and art galleries nestled around the Albuquerque Plaza. The Inn is bordered by I-40 to the North, the Downtown District to the East, Route 66 to the South, and the Rio Grande River to the West. Swimming pool, hot tub, restaurant, cantina, business center, and free Wi-Fi. 100% non-smoking facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, Best Western, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.