“Very good experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites
Ranked #26 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Houston, Texas
“Very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Very nice and helpful staff. Nice clean room, bath and beds. Our room was on the first floor by the parking lot and there was minimum noise from the parking or the airport that is right down the street. However there was a lot of noise from people upstairs, just walking and shower and doors. But we had to get a first floor room as there is no elevator and were traveling with an elderly person. Breakfast was good, hot and cold options, eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles, cereal, pastry, juices, fruit.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room - some have balconies. We had to get a first floor room as there is no elevato...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Greeting from of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience of your recent visit to Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel! It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us! If you are ever in the Albuquerque area, it would be our pleasure to serve you again! Thank you for being a loyal Best Western customer

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tyler, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Was a great place to stay and conveniently located near the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. They're are also plenty of restaurants to choose from also conveniently located to the hotel with easy freeway access.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank for your recent trip advisor review of the Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel, I am very happy to hear you had a great stay and I am so proud of our hotel and my staff at our property.. Thanks for the positive comment. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area..
San Diego, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Toilet ran all night and did not flush properly. No Kleenex found in the room. Had to find a housekeeper to replace kleenex both days. However, room was very comfortable and thermostat was easy to operate,.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is over rated and is in need of upgrades. The rooms are smaller than most, the closet is inadequate and would not accommodate a standard size clothes hanger and prevented the closet door from closing. The old vinyl single pane window frames were cracked and broken and allowed the sub freezing temperature air to blow into the room. When the rooms on the floor above flushed the toilets the water rushing throught the pipes sounded like a freight train running through your room.

The rooms were clean and well furnished, the staff helpful and friendly, and the complimary breakfast was excellent

Room Tip: Ther are better hotels in the same area and price range
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
InnSuitesDOS, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Newport, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend a couple years back and so I thought all the rooms were the two-room suites we had that first time. I already knew that there is no elevator, so I had asked for a first floor room because my husband had recently had knee surgery. I was surprised this time to have been assigned a single king-bed room with no sofa and not enough room for a roll-away. I thought I had told the person who took my reservation that there would be three of us for the first night (we were putting my son on a plane early in the AM, and stayed another couple of nights.) When my husband and son saw the room, they were irked to say the least.

Anyway, when I told Jocelyn at the front desk the problem, she quickly gave us two options: a non-smoking two-room suite on the second floor, or a smoking two-room suite on the first floor, both at no additional cost. She gave me a key so I could go take a whiff of the smoking room, and I was really surprised to find that it was not bad at all. She explained that they don't rent them nearly as often as the non-smoking rooms, so there isn't as much exposure to smoke as one would think. My husband couldn't even tell!

The beds are very comfy, and they do the 2-sheet coverlet thing, so there is no yucky bedspread to deal with. The bed had 2 sizes of pillows, which was very similar to what we have at home, so that was cool. They had this neat remote for the TV which is easy to clean - HUGE plus, since I am the type that wipes down phones, remotes, doorknobs, light switches, etc. upon checking into any hotel room. There was no ick factor here; everything felt clean and comfortable.

We prefer to forego housekeeping service on our stay-over days, instead asking for supplies as we need them. In fact, they have a little form that hangs on the doorknob for just that purpose; it was cool, although we could have used another for our second morning. The gals who brought our supplies were very friendly, and smiled when we came to the door. I'm remembering one person in particular who may have been the head housekeeper, as I saw her in the housekeeping office- I don't remember her name (sorry) but she was great. Oh, and the spare blanket and extra pillows came in a cool protective case- another wicked good idea!

When it came to the breakfast, my husband went and got us each a plate and brought it back to the room, so we had breakfast in bed- do it if you have the time and room, it's much more pleasant than fighting for a table in the lobby.

I made brief use of the tiny 'business center,' which is a bit dated in terms of decor, but the printer was lightning fast and made my simple task even simpler- phew!

We parked in the back parking lot, and got to our room from a back door near the pool, which to our surprise, was open in January! One evening we passed a few guests in the jacuzzi, which looked like fun, since the air temp was around 30 degrees! I wish I had known it was going to be open- I would have brought our suits.

Overall, this is a good property, making the best of a tight location and a somewhat dated structure. They seemed to have taken a cue from the Marriott brands when it comes to bedding, which is so important- the beds and bedding must be comfortable, and they get this right. Also, the staff (especially Jocelyn, the star of our trip) is great.

One thing I would ask the owners is this: The first entry into the parking lot from the side road (not Yale, by Village Inn) is very dark at night- can you add some lighting to help us navigate?

Finally, we found a great place for baklava near the university- it's called Gyros, and it's tucked behind the Frontier on Central; it's the BEST I've had on this side of the country. I'm going to write a review for them as well.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms toward the back can be accessed via the rear parking area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your Trip Advisor Feedback. Our hotel staff is very proud of our hotel and we always share the great reviews with everyone. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay! Please do tell your family and friends about your experience with us. Word of mouth is one of our best friends. Next Time please ask about our 2-Room Suite or our Presidential Jacuzzi Suites. Thank you for being a loyal Best Western customer
Rochester Hills, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

While this is a better-than-some hotel in some aspects, in others it is lacking. As mention previously, there is no elevator to the second floor which can be difficult when carrying luggage, Christmas gifts, etc. Room was well appointed when we first got there, but sometimes they seemed to forget to replace the items used or dirty. If I have to pay full price per day for a multi day stay, then I expect each day's presentation to be the same as if it were my first day there. I would gladly pay a bit less each extra day and not have everything renewed or replaced - except for the coffee, I need the coffee.

The biggest problem here is the very small size of the breakfast area. There are not nearly enought seats for the clientele at any one time. Also, they were very slow in replacing food. What they had was good, but they would run out of everything at the same time.

While it is conveniently located, the parking can be a bit dicey.

A fancy name does not a fancy hotel make.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western InnSuites Hotel Albuquerque Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a thier experiences at our property. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
Socorro, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our experience was excellent. We had terrific room service, a quiet suite with easy access to and from our vehicle, very accommodating front desk staff and the beds and rooms were most comfortable. Thanks again to the staff for a most pleasant stay!

Room Tip: The suites are a great value.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! The Management Team hopes you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Albuquerque. Everyone here at the Best Western InnSuites Albuquerque appreciates your business and loyalty

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Albuquerque InnSuites Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!