“A pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque

You added Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7620 Pan American Fwy NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109 (Formerly Clarion Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #47 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Windsor, Ontario
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We booked for four nights for Balloon Fiesta. We were in Albuquerque the previous year but the week before the Fiesta. Many hotels were fully booked when we made our reservation for this stay.

The hotel looks a bit shabby from the outside and it is due for a sprucing up - no question about that. In theory the doors were looked after hours but the locks didn't work so it was false security. We had was a two room suite with the bedroom having two queen beds. We were VERY satisfied with the room and would definitely want this set up again.

The staff at the desk was very helpful. Breakfast was very good. Overall we were pleasantly surprised and as noted by others it is handy to Balloon Fiesta. We had Gondola Club tickets for Saturday evening of the opening weekend and Sunday morning. The trip from the Clarion to the reserved parking area at BF was quick and we were never lined up in traffic.

Thoroughly enjoyed our four days.

Room Tip: We asked for a room well back from the front to lessen traffic noise from the adjoining I-25 and tha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
clarionabqdirector, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and kind words. We are currently working on updating the property, as well as fixing the door issues. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms! We hope to see you back at the clarion Hotel soon!

El Paso, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Remember when Clarion was touted as the top of the Choice Hotel line, almost like a Hilton or Hyatt? This felt like any old generic mid-grade Comfort Inn motel with the faded paint and carpet, bubbled wallpaper and a noisy fan on the heater. Really noisy fan in room 119. It woke me up at least twenty times during the night, so maybe I would have given it a better review if not for that. That was really the only problem I have to complain about, but if I get a lousy night's sleep due to a fixable problem they haven't fixed, I'm not going to be very satisfied.

I stay at Choice Hotels when I need a third bed in the room, and this had two queens and a sofa bed. I paid $79 because Choice had a points promotion going. I wish I had just gone to the Hyatt Place at the airport. Next time, I probably will. This suite was two truly separate rooms with a door in between. Sofa bed/ living room was quite large. 2 queen room was pretty cramped. Beds were plenty comfortable.

The hot breakfast was very good. They had a really good green chile cheese hash brown casserole in addition to the customary waffle maker, sausage, scrambled eggs, and such. Plenty of hot water to get three of us through the shower around 8am on a Saturday morning. This was a pretty large motel, three or four buildings surrounded by parking lot and another motel right off I-25. Easy on-off access. I wouldn't advise against staying here, but there are plenty of other economical options in Albuquerque, so I can't imagine I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
clarionabqdirector, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on our breakfast.

I regret that you experienced difficulty with the noisy fan. I'll certainly look into the rooms that you stayed in personally and work with my maintenance staff to find out why the units did not work properly.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope that you will try us again.
BUCKEYE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Clean comfortable rooms. Very quiet. Good bedding. Fitness center equipment needs some minor maintenance. Internet service worked well. Front desk personnel helpful. Breakfast in the morning was typical of Clarion Hotels. Very good value. Will stay here again on road trips thru the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
clarionabqdirector, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for all your kind words, we here at the Clarion Appreciate your feedback. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and your feedback helps us to achieve this. We have noted the fitness equipment and taken care of this issue. We hope to see you again soon, safe travels.
Oklahoma!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel was very reasonably priced, and nicer than I expected. The carpet in my room needed replacement due to some stains, but everything was clean, and the price was low. I'd stay here again. The service wasn't too bad either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
clarionabqdirector, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites North Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Clarion Hotel! We appreciate your feedback! We are currently working on fixing up our hotel and hope that you will come back to see the finished product. Thank you again for all your comments, they are always helping us to improve!
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was very clean and quiet, we both got a good night's rest. They had a menu in the room for Jason's Deli which we ordered from and they delivered right to the room! Good food and a great value! Breakfast at the hotel was very good. If we ever come back to Albuquerque we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 3 weeks at Clarion Hotel on Pan American Fwy NE from November to December in 2012. Because of accommodations at this hotel, my husband and I enjoyed a most memorable Thanksgiving with our family in Albuquerque as well as the rest of our stay while househunting. The maid service was tops, the hot breakfast compares to none, the hotel was very well maintained by professional workers, the business center with its free computers, the exercise room, the total experience was superb. We should be paying twice what we paid for, based on the value we got. On the contrary, the experience did not break our pocket and we came away very delighted. Whenever we visit family in Albuquerque, we make extra efforts to stay at Clarion Hotel NE. It outperforms every other Albuquerque hotel I have been to (at least half a dozen others in the 4 to 5 stars rating). I would like to keep my rates a secret. It was a manager's discounted deal. It was so affordable I extended our stay from two weeks to three.
Clarion Hotel is our second home in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Talk to the managers at the desk like Brandon. They will tailor to your needs (and pocket book). We...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family