“Fun, Scottish/Irish theme” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Fools Tavern

Two Fools Tavern
3211 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106-1441 (Nob Hill)
505-265-7447
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Beatrice
“Fun, Scottish/Irish theme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We "found" this restaurant almost by accident via Urban Spoon while staying in Albuquerque, NM. Even the hotel desk clerk did not know of this local attraction which was only about 10 minutes or less from that Hampton Inn. This is a micro-brewery as well as a great pub for fish and chips and other traditional foods. The atmosphere was fun. It wasn't too loud, so conversation was possible between my husband and I. We got there early (Saturday night) as this seems to be a popular attraction. Our waiter was impressed with the photos of our son in the kilt he wore for a Scottish wedding so we received great personal attention. We had to take part of our dessert back to the motel to finish we were so full.

• Visited January 2014

Albuquerque
“The best fish and chips!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I'm not a fish eater but Two Fools has convinced me otherwise. I love the fish and chips. The coleslaw is so good. My boyfriend thought the apples would not be a good combination but was surprised. Its now one of our favorite places. Its usually packed and very loud. Staff is prompt and extremely friendly. Highly recommend!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Traditional Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'm not Irish but I am from Boston, MA so I know my Irish Pubs and this is a great one. I ordered the Fish and Chips for lunch, super light, crispy and fresh. I loved the coleslaw that accompanied the Fish. The fries were crispy and great as well. Adorable and attentive wait staff dressed in kilts make this Irish Pub a winner. My only criticism is that the beer prices are a little high to really "get your drink on"... maybe that's a good thing.

• Visited February 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fantastic Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant three times in the last couple of months and must say that the food is EXCELLENT. The wait staff is wonderful; very friendly and service was fast. Try the homemade potato chips with warm blue cheese dip. Such a treat and one that I will definitely order again. They also have gluten free options available. Once you eat here, you will want to come back again and again.

• Visited January 2014
Placitas, New Mexico
“Super Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had been advised by several friends that this was THE place to go for fish & chips in ABQ & are happy to report they are correct! My husband & I went on a Saturday & we were fortunate to obtain the last seat in the house. I ordered the fish & chips - very crisp batter - large portion (ordered the 2 piece portion) - the coleslaw was also very good. My husband was pleased with his pastrami sandwich ~ service was very fast and friendly ~ check it out!

• Visited December 2013