“The closest thing to Ireland in Albuquerque” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Fools Tavern

Two Fools Tavern
3211 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106-1441 (Nob Hill)
505-265-7447
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 1,535 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
“The closest thing to Ireland in Albuquerque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I love the Two Fools Tavern! The food is great and I definitely recommend the Irish coffee. We met for lunch recently and found a table right in front of the cheery fireplace on an unusually chilly Albuquerque day. Our server was great, very funny and friendly and the ambiance is what I would expect to find in an actual Irish pub. The noise level is pretty high, but I kind of expect that when I go to a bar with friends---I might choose a different place for a serious business lunch. I ordered the Blarney Blue burger with Irish fries---delicious! My friends ordered the Perky Turkey sandwich and Bangers and Mash. They were pleased with their selections as well. I have never been disappointed in the food there---everything has been plentiful and tasty.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oro Valley, Arizona
“Why Would you Eat Irish Food in Albuquerque?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

After a day of travel, wanted to get some good local food. Tex Mex, right? My wife is Irish so when I saw this place on T. A., thought it sounded like a fun time. Wow! Missing this place is a mistake!! Started with Irish natchos. Our waiter suggested a half order. Good move! My wife had Scottish Eggs. Both very nice. My wife had a Spin Salad. I had the stew. It smelled so good I did not know if I would get around to eating it! Top it off with one of the many Whiskeys they have and Irish Sudds, it made for a memorable meal. The wait staff was very attentive and the prices were reasonable. What more is there to be said?

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morro Bay, California
“Solid food, Solid drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Not a shabby place to fill your belly, and plenty of great drinks to wet the whistle. Wallet will still be relatively full when you leave as well, so that's a big plus! you won't be sorry stopping in here!

Visited October 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Really loved the bangers and mash”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My boyfriend and I met another couple for dinner on a Saturday night here. We had told them that we wouldn't be there until about 15 minutes after they planned to be there, and so when we arrived, we thought they would already be inside, however, the people at the door have strange rules about going to look for seated parties and were kind of rude in my opinion, which is why I rated it average instead of very good.
Outside of waiting outside trying to get in touch with our friends, it was a nice evening. The service was good. My wine was good. I had some other friends tell me how wonderful the fish and chips are there, so I ordered that and my second choice was the bangers and mash, which my boyfriend ordered. I didn't love the fish and chips as my friends had, so halfway through he and I switched. I thought the bangers and mash were just as good as some that I had in Ireland last year.

Visited November 2013
“Irish charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Irish atmosphere was the key to this tavern. The food was tasty and plentiful for the price. Beer on tap. Service was good.