“Authentic Asian” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Authentic Asian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We frequent this near by place because we've never been disappointed. Neighbors who have lived in various Asian locations frequent it as well. That reinforces our belief they are authentic.

Visited May 2014

“Beef Stew Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had the luncheon special, beef Stew Soup, and I can easily say it was some of the best soup I've ever had. The beef broth was aromatic and flavorful. Along with baby bok choy and noodles, there were two different cuts of beef, and both were amazingly tender. Order this if available. My server was pleasant and efficient.

Clovis, New Mexico
“Wonderful Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I love to eat here when I am in the mood for Thai food. I have tried most things on the menu and every one is very good, fresh and has authentic Thai flavor.

Visited September 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Banana Leaf - Rio Rancho A Pleasant Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed lunch at the Banana Leaf the other day. She ordered the red curry with chicken lunch plate and I had the yellow curry with chicken plate. We ordered the plates with medium heat/ spice, but for us they came out overly hot. I guess this is a difference between spicy food on the east coast and spicy food in the chili pepper capital of the US. The curries were well done with plenty of meat and veggies. The steamed rice was perfectly done and the spring roll was crunchy but not greasy.
From the outside, the restaurant does not look like much, basically a remodeled stand alone fast food building. But the atmosphere on the inside is completely different. Both booth and regular table seating and a few high tops in the limited bar area.
Overall, the food was good and the price was reasonable. We will return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
“Rio Rancho Asian - Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very nice inside, looks Fast Food from outside. Very good service and the food was excellent. They were very accommodating in making the dishes either mild or hot, no matter how it was listed on the menu. Lo main is exceptional and the scallops were cooked perfectly. The won ton soup is loaded with won tons and vegetables. We will definitely go there again. The portions were enough for dinner. One of our table mates didn't like the meal and it was replaced with another dish without question. That alone impressed me. It is real gem.

• Visited May 2013