“Wonderfully serene romantic location & fantastic gourmet breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarabande Bed and Breakfast

You added Sarabande Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Sarabande Bed and Breakfast
5637 Rio Grand Blvd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87107   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
“Wonderfully serene romantic location & fantastic gourmet breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming atmosphere and great hospitality! Allen greeted us as if we were old friends coming for a visit. He gave us a tour of the place, including a little history when we arrived.
The large tub in our room was wonderfully relaxing and, while we didnt have an opportunity to enjoy the common areas, there is a big screen TV and computer with Internet access and a nice library in a lovely inviting setting. The breakfast Allen served from the absolutely amazing kitchen was delightful - fresh raspberries & blackberries, homemade granola, yogurt, coffee, fresh-squeezed juice and a yummy egg dish he called an 'Albuquerque Sunrise'.

My only regret was that we only stayed one night!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
La Mirada, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Sarabande Bed & Breakfast

I took my brother to New Mexico to visit our relative in Belen, New Mexico. We arrived in Albuquerque around 10:30pm. Kyle called the inn and Allen was there giving us directions and was there in the court yard when we arrived.
Sarabande is a very nice, quiet, peaceful place to stay while in Albuquerque. It has some nice trails to walk or ride a bike. The houses around the area are breathtaking.
Allen was up early making a beautiful spread of fresh berries, fruits, yogurts, homemade granola and some sort of hot meal. Fresh squeezed O.J. was there along with a hot pot of coffee or tea. What more could you ask for. In the common room there was a Mac computer that we had access to along with a big screen TV and wood burning fire place.
I rented the suite, with the private back yard. It was very relaxing to hang out and just chill. Yes, we were chilling cuz we are from CA. The bathroom was nice. One guest complained about a shower, so what if you have to hold up. If he would have read the description it says in black and white. Hand held shower, blah blah, blah.
We found that Karen and Allen were very hospitable, gracious and genuine. They made you feel at home and we did.
Thank you for a great experience. Don’t miss out on Sadie’s Mexican cuisine on 4th. Great food and the best margaritas in town.
Thanks for all the good suggestions and a great stay.
Sensei Kathi & Kyle from Ca.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice, just pick the one suited for your needs. The food is beautiful and made...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I cannot wait to return to my "second home in the desert," the Sarabande Bed and Breakfast. From the moment I made first phone contact, to the moment I was graciously taken to the airport to depart, the owners were kind, courteous, accommodating and respectful of my privacy. Allan, Karen, Stephen, and Carrie are even guarding an item I left behind, for my return trip. As the B&B's name implies, staying at the Sarabande was like dance melody or dance itself, it left my heart happy and light. I rose each morning to swim alone in the heated pool (just warm enough) under a flawless sky, had an ample breakfast of an equally ample variety, and went about my day to come back to a cool and comfortable room, which says a lot in August. I swam in the evening, too, if I wasn't too stuffed from dinner nearby. The kitchen was open, not only architecturally but attitudinally, so if I felt like more herb tea at night, or black tea in the morning, I could help myself, as well as to fruit and other snacks. I recommend the Iris Room but that's the only one I stayed in. I'm not sure about a fellow reviewer with the shower problem, for I had no problems with any of the facilities and the bathroom was luxurious. As a lover of traveling and B&Bs, my launch into the unknown was rewarded by a grand experience at the Sarabande!

Room Tip: The Iris was my only experience but it was excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Frankfort, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

VERY DISAPPOINTING - NO Shower and a very rude response from the owner and to pay $ 159.00 for a night there was a rip off!!

The room that I stayed in only had a only a tub, with the worst "handyman" plumbing job I have ever see!! A "telephone" style shower - NO that wasn't the problem, half way through my shower the "telephone" style shower blew off the faucet - NO way I could get it back.

When I told the owner about the "telephone" style shower shooting off - His answer was - "Well that happens about once a month"

Certainly NOT worth paying $ 159.00 for a night!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you room has a SHOWER!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We staged our family reunion at the Sarabande B&B -- 14 people, ages 5 to 86, from six states. Everyone of us was happy with the comfortable rooms and delicious breakfasts. The pool was a big attraction for us since the July days were hot. The hosts and hostesses could not have been more friendly and helpful. We all would go back in a minute if we could.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

It was my turn to host the family reunion. I wanted to make it easy so that I could enjoy the weekend with my extended family. The Sarabande was the perfect setting--far enough in the country to be peaceful but close enough to Albuquerque to enjoy its attractions. There was plenty of space and lots of small patios for sitting and chatting. The pool was a big attraction as were the games and puzzles. The breakfasts were outstanding, with the owners accommodating all my family's diet requirements. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Great location beautiful interior and exterior nice pool and staff was great. The only complaints no ac in summer so room was very hot. Food was not organic or natural so we did not stay for bfast but a beautiful retreat would recomend if neither of those things are important to you.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Sarabande Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!