“A lovely place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Mauger Estate B&B
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   701 Roma Ave. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102   |
Ranked #7 of 25 Albuquerque B&B and Inns
South San Francisco, California
“A lovely place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Mauger Estate is a beautifully restored, well kept and impressively run Victorian mansion turned B&B, nestled in a quiet Albuquerque neighborhood. It is within walking distance of historic Old Towne and there are many inexpensive and tasty restaurants close by, some of which are also within walking distance.

I spent a week at Mauger and it was truly a wonderful experience. The room was very comfortable and cozy - I hardly noticed the November cold that was creeping in to Albuquerque during my stay. They have central heating but each room also has it's own separate heating system. It's an old fashioned style of heating that I hadn't encountered before but I didn't have any issues with the room being too cold for comfort.

The staff, consisting of Tammy, who is the owner, and Christie are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make sure their guests are comfortable. They also act as a concierge and give plenty of advice on things to do and see, how to get around, and where and what to eat while in Albuquerque. They will also book tours or make reservations for you if necessary.

Breakfast is served from 8:00am to 9:00am on weekdays and 8:30am to 9:30am on weekends. If your day has an earlier start than that, you can also request a breakfast-to-go which they will prepare for you either the night before or leave out for you in the morning.

Breakfast was one of the best parts of my stay. I am not a morning person and I typically don't eat much for breakfast, but I made a point of trying to get up in time for breakfast every morning. Aside from staples like fruit and cereal, they had their own home-made granola which was delicious and everyday there was a different baked dish that never disappointed and was the highlight of the meal.

I can't express enough how happy I am that I found Mauger and decided to stay there. This was my first visit to New Mexico and Mauger made it a truly enjoyable stay. I will definitely stay at Mauger the next time I'm in Albuquerque! I highly recommend them to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Mauger B&B for 2 nights on our trip through NM. We enjoy staying at B&B's to be introduced to the area and visit with travelers. It was a surprise that the proprietor did not live in the household, but she was very helpful to tell us about Albuquerque. The front door was securely locked with separated keyed entries for all guests. Our room was very large with a fireplace. It also had a separate door to the front porch. A wonderful place to sit and visit. The next morning we told Tammy that we were a little cold and when we returned to our room, there was a separate heater. She also showed us how to light the gas fireplace.

The bathroom was very small but sufficient for our needs.

The breakfast both mornings were delicious. The setting is in a residential area and quiet. One needs a car or taxi to get to most places since most restaurants are beyond walking distance.

We felt very welcome by Tammy and would stay again.

Room Tip: It was good being on a ground floor with luggage. Also, one should arrive before 7:00pm to be greet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here the first night of our trip to NM. My only regret was choosing a room on the third floor, Though large and comfortable, the steps were a killer. However they provided homemade treats, cheese, crackers and wine in the evening and a delicious buffet breakfast in the morning. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this B&B to all.

Room Tip: Many steps to third floor, keep this in mind...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at the Mauger Estate B&B for the past couple of days. It is a wonderfully restored 100-year old home. The restoration has been excellent - you can imagine what it was like in its day! Tammy - the Innkeeper - was friendly and helpful. Everything has been carefully thought out - from check-in to check-out. The breakfasts were very good - with lots of variety and always fresh fruit! I would not hesitate to recommend Mauger's to anyone - Albuquerque is a lovely city - and staying at Mauger's just made it perfect!

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor, but we did see into some of the other rooms, and they all looked...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I recently stayed for three nights at the Mauger Estate & was very, very happy overall. I felt comfortable & at ease immediately upon arrival. It is a quiet, comfortable, relaxing environment; I particularly enjoyed breakfast on the front porch. Each morning, breakfast was a luxurious & delicious surprise with a variety of food that would suit anyone's taste! The staff is gracious, kind, & helpful. The inn is located within walking distance of a number of excellent restaurants and cafes, as well as old town & downtown, so it was very convenient for me as I explored the surrounding area. I can't recommend this B&B enough!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Greenville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Loved our stay at the Mauger Estate B & B. Gladys, the Jack Russell had a great time with the dog door to our own private yard with a secure fence. The bed was comfortable. The ambiance was lovely. The service was excellent.
My husband and I enjoyed the wine in the afternoon and dinner suggestions. Breakfast was delicious! Tammy helped us look up a destination for Native American jewelry and art that we had no idea where to go. So helpful! We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Even though our room was off the kitchen it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was in the process of moving from NM back to Denver, CO and had a couple nights that I had to cover before heading to Colorado. I decided to stay at the Mauger Estate B&B and I was not dissapointed! Tammy is awesome. The service was fantastic. The rooms were very well appointed and very clean. Great Stay!! Definitely recommend and will be coming back!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mauger Estate B&B? Share your experiences!