“First time here” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“First time here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Being a professional chef myself I tend to be apprehensive of new restaurants. Finally got to check out this former Quarters BBQ place turned into a gastropub. I was extremely impressed! Started off with the Brussel Sprouts with a tamarind glaze...they were awesome! The house made pretzels were served with a tasty queso that really hit the spot. For entrees I got the Stumbling Steer Burger which was served on a heavenly bun and was cooked perfectly! That is a hard thing to find in restaurants these days...a properly cooked burger. My date had the Grilled Cheese with Bacon Jam...she raved about it! A great view of the Sandia Mountains, great drinks and awesome food and this place has all the elements of a winning restaurant. Check it out!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Waste of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We went here for lunch and had the Chicken Sandwich which was quite flavorless. Brie is not a good pairing with chicken as they both tend to be on the bland side, in addition to the flavorless bread. I think that a stronger cheese or a vinaigrette dressing may have complimented it better. The beer wasn't very notable either, we ordered the blonde but honestly a bud light would have been more worth it. Perhaps the other ones are better? Seems overpriced for the quality of food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Birthday dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We went on a Tuesday night, and the restaurant was maybe 1/3 full. But, the kitchen must have been short staffed because our meals took at least twice as long to arrive as i would have expected. Lots of serving staff more or less walking around.... even assurances our meals were "coming right away" were not true.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Bittersweet Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is my 4th trip to this location. Last night was a bit of a celebration (Bittersweet) for my wife and I, so we invited another couple to join us. We had apps, beers and mixed drinks, and the staff (Jason - Owner) and (Kila - Bar Manager) were the best. Our friends ordered their wings to share between us all. The spicy flavor was not overpowering, but there enough to be enjoyed. We ordered the Battered Mozzarella Ball. The battering was crunchy, and the entire app was delicious. As for dinner, my wife and I shared the Korean BBQ Ribs. My wife thought the potato salad was a bit sweet, even though I thought it was great. The ribs were very meaty, cooked to perfection with just the right amount of charring and the spicy sauce used is to "Die For"! Our night was a great success, changing our "Bittersweet" celebration into a total success for "Fun Entertainment". The wait staff was fun, fantastic and the night was topped off with the creation by Kila, who is a Mixologist, of a "Redhead Squared". All had the a taste of the drink and it was DELICIOUS with just a hint of cucumber.

THANK YOU ALL for a wonderful night goes out to our friends (Dann & Jody) as well to one of the owners Jason and his Bar Manager Kila for a FANTASTIC EVENING

When ever your in the area you have to try the STUMBLING STEER for dinner and drinks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“new restaurant that needs to get it's act together”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

New restaurant with a very limited lunch menu. Caesar salad not available with chicken. Supposed to have croutons on salad and had a grand total of two soggy croutons. Not a memorable lunch experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere