“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Grants, New Mexico
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very nice and clean. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Hotel feels like home away from home.
I will definitely stay here anytime am in ABQ.

Outdoor pool which is closed during winter is the only drawback that I see. Otherwise the breakfast and the dinners (Mon- Thur) were refreshing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I picked this hotel due to the proximity to the airport and because of the rave reviews on Tripadvisor. Maybe my expectations were a little high, but my experience was not to the level of what many reviewed. I found one of the wastebaskets in the room full, which always makes me have doubts about other aspects of cleanliness in the room. I requested a non-smoking room, which I received, but was given a room on the first floor, next to one of the doors to access the parking lot. Unfortunately, when people would go outside to smoke, the smell carried into the room. When I arrived in the room, the thermostats were set to 58 degrees on A/C, which might be nice in the summer but not in January when it is snowing and is 24 degrees outside. The lock to my room was not functioning, and when I reported it to the front desk it was repaired within 30 minutes. Customer service was friendly, I received apologies for the problems I reported, and the room was very nice (and other than the garbage issue, seemed clean). This is a good hotel, and I might consider staying again but will request a room that is not on the first floor to avoid the cigarette smoke issue. In my opinion, however, a little attention to a few details would take this hotel to a 4 or 4.5 star property.

Room Tip: Request a room above the first floor to avoid cigarette smoke coming in to the room through the A/C...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Things not good, Grey face flannel-dirty,smelly pillow,noisy aircon, aviation fuel sucked in by the aircon, holes in sheet.

Things good, we were able to check in earlier, near to restaurants in the university area,near the I 25. Good size room, fair breakfast and we had our room rate adjusted to a more favorable rate.

I would not stay in this hotel unless overnighting for the air port.

There are better home wood suites in the city location wise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed in many "suite" hotels over the years, and have to say this one was really special. We were there for ten days. from Christmas Day through the 3rd of January, and I could find nothing to fault, (and I am pretty picky); our every need was anticipated.-- clean and commodious to a fault: excellent breakfast, delightful and extremely accommodating staff, especially SILVIA and her assistant who provided wonderful breakfasts and made sure everything was spic and span and that there was always hot coffee available. Sheena at the front desk answered our questions cheerfully. I wish i could call the other staff members by name as every one provided first rate service.
Sally Sue and J. D. Smith, Pensacola, Florida

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceburg, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here the night before flying out of the airport. This was the best homewood suites room we have ever stayed at, and we have stayed at homewoods from the east to the west coast. I would definately stay at this location the next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I usually don't like staying at airport hotels while I am on vacation but with rates around $80 to $90/night for a large room containing a kitchen, living room, and bedroom, I was willing to make an exception. Even better, the Albuquerque airport is about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown and most major tourist sites in Albuquerque, including Old Town, Sandia Peak and the Petroglyphs National Monument. Not sure what traffic is like in Albuquerque on the weekdays but we spent two weekends in Albuquerque and didn't have any issues getting around the city.

Hotel is very easy to find and is located on the same street as where you pick up your rental car. One right hand turn out of the parking lot brings you to the freeway entrance. The room was clean and the breakfast area was spacious and not crowded. Really liked how the breakfast included fresh sliced fruit, which is rare for a free breakfast. Request a room on a higher floor to avoid parking lot noise. Jet noise was not an issue. The airport has very few late arrivals or early departures.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have come to enjoy Homewoods Suites however some are better than others.
This is one of the better Homewood's I've stayed at and the rate was excellent for this type area.
Room was very clean, every day. One very minor maintenance issue with the room (water control valve in bathtub was loose) but I reported it to front desk as I was leaving for work Tuesday morning and it was corrected by the time I'd returned for lunch.
Breakfast was very good, and dinner was very good.
Location is great if you are here for business. Not in the middle of the nightlife, but in 7 minutes you can be there.

Perhaps the people at Homewood ABQ airport are part of their success. You don't get to encounter any of the staff without getting a good morning or pleasant greeting of some sort.

I rated this property a 5 overall and as the title of my review says, I am going back (in 9 days).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport? Share your experiences!