“Unexpected pleasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandia Casino & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Sandia Casino & Resort
You added Sandia Casino & Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Rainbow Road NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113   |
Ranked #27 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Unexpected pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We are frequent visitors to Las Vegas, so when we visited Albuquerque for the first time we decided to stay here just to see what it was like. What a great find. The place is just beautiful. It is not the mega casino you would find in Vegas, but it is a very nice small casino. The grounds are surrounded by the Sandia Mountains and the view is just beautiful.

It will be a little bit of a shock for most casino dwellers since there is no drinking on the casino floor, but it has a really cool bar just feet away. The rooms are large and very nicely decorated. The bathrooms have high-end fixtures and are very nicely tiled. The restaurants were very good and reasonably priced. It was too cold to use the pool, but the area looked very inviting.

We will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Experienced exquisite Southwest elegance within a beautiful Indian Casino Resort. Staff was there for one reason; To make guests feel at home by catering to every need. Was greeted with pleasant smiles and have enjoyed the spacious rooms and equally elegant Southwestern decorated bathrooms accompanied with a relaxing tub and a separate step-in-shower adorned with a glass wall and door. Rooms are furnished with Keurig style coffee/tea maker, sleek mini fridge and a room safe. Felt right at home in room each time I have stayed at this fine, Five-Star hotel. You can't tell you're at a gambling casino when you're in your room. Have not had the pleasure of attending a concert in the outdoor amphitheater but maybe I will someday. Free underground or outdoor parking is available. Restaurants and fast food snack bars are located in great places and prices are very reasonable. The Casino itself is very lively, with slot machines and catching happening at all hours downstairs away from guest rooms. It's a great place to have fun and get a little R&R. Poolside has a wonderful sitting area where you can enjoy the view of the gorgeous New Mexico mountains. Will definitely stay here again, soon I hope!

• Stayed April 2013
rio rancho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Many praises to David Meeks, he went out of his way to arrange that my room was next to my friends upon my arrival. Friends and I stay often and have never been disappointed. The entertainment draw has been in the upper lounge: Karrie Simmons band. Fabulous!!!! really different atmosphere. PS won at slots jackpot now thats a good weekend.

Room Tip: mountain view is the best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

this room was amazing! Just simply perfect! The rooms are very pricy however I see why! Luckily for me I am a member of the casino so my rates were 60 dollars vs the labeled 200 .... This hotel is the absolute perfect blend of New Mexican and Native American culture! I was blow away of the perfection of this hotel and my room. The best of the best was put in the room. Romantic and fully upgraded. Just beautiful

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am sorry to say that this is not only my first casino review but also not a good one. While the casino is your typical smokey, loud & colorful atmosphere there is no liquor drinking at the tables only smoking & water/coffee cokes etc. The vibe was kinda like everyone was in "zombie ville." no excitement. I would say for a sure bet go & eat at Sadie's Mexican restaurant located in the back of the casino. You will not be disappointed. The food & margaritas are fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Socorro, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I got married here. With our wedding, we stayed in a suite and had several of our guests stay in rooms too, so we got to see an array of rooms. The rooms were all beautiful and well done. But the city views aren't horrible.

The wedding and reception was held in the same room. We had contracted for 160 guests and had two ballrooms. The room wasn't set up as we had agreed when we entered the room for our rehearsal during the day. I didn't think much of it at the time as I had way too many other things on my mind. Unfortunately they set the gift table up right next to the entryway. And, sometime between the first guests arriving and when Sandia Staff dropped off our gifts in our room, gifts were stolen. (We found this out about 2 days after the wedding.) There was no evidence that it was staff related theft, or that it wasn't, but Sandia took the stance of, "It's not our fault" immediately. They didn't know what to do. So, they repeated themselves...over and over. The staff we were working with told us to talk to security and fill out an informational report. We did. They told us to not expect anything to come of it. We didn't.

The staff has been nothing but rude, and off-putting. Beth, our wedding event coordinator tried to help us, and I don't think she's at fault. However, I would not recommend this venue to anyone getting married. We had to jump through so many hoops...and this was a SIMPLE, really, really simple, wedding! I'm glad it wasn't complex!

If you go, enjoy your stay. I will never set foot in Sandia again as I don't want to get treated like a child and a thief myself. I don't appreciate that. I don't think you would like it either. Good luck.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Casino & Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear adknight,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. It's with comments like yours that allow us to serve our customers better. We are saddened that your wedding reception did not meet your expectations. We at Sandia strive to exceed every guests expectations and have your stay or your event be a memorable one. Please feel free to contact our Sales Department at any time to discuss your on-going concerns.

Best Regards,
Kimberly Berry
Director of Hotel Sales
Kerrville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very pleasantly surprised on our resent stay!! The resort itself is located just off I-25 in NW Albuquerque. It sets all alone with the beautiful desert mountains behind it. Valet parking was free and the attendants were very nice. We arrived about 2pm and our room was ready, check-in was quick and the desk person very helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was large and had a separate bath and shower. The resort is beautiful inside and out. The casino was clean with a large selection of slots and gaming tables. They even had a non-smoking slot area. I used the workout area and the spa. I highly recommend both. My wife had a pedicure and said it was one of the best she has had. We ate at the Thur Shan Buffet and the Council Room Restaurant and both had excellent service and food. Every employee at the resort we encountered greeted us and made us feel special. I highly recommend this resort and will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple