“Rooms are amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandia Casino & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Sandia Casino & Resort
You added Sandia Casino & Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Rainbow Road NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113   |
Ranked #25 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Regina, Canada
“Rooms are amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and if you like large rooms with amazing views, this is it. Even the bathroom is huge and has slate floors with a bathtub and a separate glass shower. It is always kept very clean and this time we were in one of their newly refurbished rooms. To be honest, I didn't think it needed an upgrade yet. Ask for a room overlooking the golf course and mountain view and obviously the higher up you are the better the view. Everyone is very friendly there-although not always on the Reservation Line. Persevere past that and service is excellent in the hotel and casino. A variety of eating choices are on-site from high end, buffet, restaurant to deli food. I recommend tipping the cleaning staff--at casino hotels, people seldom do and they deserve it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have visited the casino in the past, but this was our first stay at the hotel. The entire staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful - we had a view toward the west. Yes, you overlook the casino roof, but you also have the entire western vista which is especially pretty at night. Everything in the room was great, particularly the bathroom with a deep tub and a separate walk-in shower and the large flat screen tv. While there is a lot of smoking in the casino, I didn't notice any smell of smoke in the hotel section. We are already looking forward to our next trip there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Midland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time to stay here and both times I have been very pleased. The beds are nice and comfy, the bathrooms are spacious and clean. The have all guests sign a low noise agreement which ensures all guests a good night sleep in spite of the high level of entertainment going on downstairs in the casino, bars and restaurants. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is yummy!

• Stayed December 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The resort is very pretty! You first walk in and your amazed at how fancy and big this resort is! Oh yea - and the clouds of cigarette smoke!! The rooms are very nice as well! Heck; the bathrooms are amazing too. The down side is the beds. They are soo hard, the pillows are too soft and the rooms were super cold because you have a HUGE window/door! We had such a hard time sleeping on those hard beds. It was like sleeping on the floor! The food at the buffet is disgusting! And is expensive! ! ! Skip this resort and go to Route 66. The restaurants are all good, and the beds are not from the stone age!

• Stayed December 2012
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Casino & Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear MtxIL,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to see that you found our resort as beautiful as we do! Where we fell short with you was with our beds and the buffet. For that I do apologize. All the other comments I have received on our beds have been positive so this is a new one for me. I can tell you we just finished renovating all 228 rooms. So hopefully we can get you back to give us another shot! Feel free to contact me personally.

Ashley Johnston
Front Office Manager
Sandia Resort and Casino
ajohnston@sandiaresort.com
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First of all, I would like to commend this hotel on the very, very comfortable beds. I really don't think that I have slept in a bed that comfortable in my entire life. The family we were with echoed my sentiments also.

The meals were great in the Council Room and the $2 burgers and frito pies were a great deal.
I visited the spa and it was also great and very relaxing.

The resort is beautiful and beautifully decorated for Christmas. Every part of the resort was immaculate and the attention to detail was very impressive.

Now for the downside, the casino slots do not pay at all. I have never been to a casino so very tight. The slots just suck up your money and you don't even get enough winnings to play for very long at all. I had to laugh because in the casino you could smoke but no alcohol. I couldn't believe it; it is State law I was told. Other casinos that I have been in either allow both or like in Ohio where I am from you can drink but not smoke. Go figure, the lesser of sins; take your pick!

All in all I would totally recommend this property and if I am ever back in the area would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel was very nice. They were remodelling during my visit, but it was posted everywhere. The pool area has a fire pit so you can enjoy the outdoors even if it is cold. The fine dining restaurant was not worth going to. It was terrible!! The other restaurants were great and the coffee shop had a great selection.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

JMJ Had to go to Sandia Casino and Resort for numerous things this trip and enjoyed them all. First time attempt at Bingo and was impressed with the system-everyone having a good time. The $2. delicious burger made a great lunch break!! Slots galore and a non-smoking sections also. Attended a private dinner there also and it was very elegant; excellent wait staff!!

Room Tip: JMJ Watch the internet for great deals except during Balloon Fiesta