“Looks can be deceiving!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2-Night Special Package
Ranked #25 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Looks can be deceiving!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The resort is very pretty! You first walk in and your amazed at how fancy and big this resort is! Oh yea - and the clouds of cigarette smoke!! The rooms are very nice as well! Heck; the bathrooms are amazing too. The down side is the beds. They are soo hard, the pillows are too soft and the rooms were super cold because you have a HUGE window/door! We had such a hard time sleeping on those hard beds. It was like sleeping on the floor! The food at the buffet is disgusting! And is expensive! ! ! Skip this resort and go to Route 66. The restaurants are all good, and the beds are not from the stone age!

• Stayed December 2012
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Casino & Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear MtxIL,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to see that you found our resort as beautiful as we do! Where we fell short with you was with our beds and the buffet. For that I do apologize. All the other comments I have received on our beds have been positive so this is a new one for me. I can tell you we just finished renovating all 228 rooms. So hopefully we can get you back to give us another shot! Feel free to contact me personally.

Ashley Johnston
Front Office Manager
Sandia Resort and Casino
ajohnston@sandiaresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First of all, I would like to commend this hotel on the very, very comfortable beds. I really don't think that I have slept in a bed that comfortable in my entire life. The family we were with echoed my sentiments also.

The meals were great in the Council Room and the $2 burgers and frito pies were a great deal.
I visited the spa and it was also great and very relaxing.

The resort is beautiful and beautifully decorated for Christmas. Every part of the resort was immaculate and the attention to detail was very impressive.

Now for the downside, the casino slots do not pay at all. I have never been to a casino so very tight. The slots just suck up your money and you don't even get enough winnings to play for very long at all. I had to laugh because in the casino you could smoke but no alcohol. I couldn't believe it; it is State law I was told. Other casinos that I have been in either allow both or like in Ohio where I am from you can drink but not smoke. Go figure, the lesser of sins; take your pick!

All in all I would totally recommend this property and if I am ever back in the area would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel was very nice. They were remodelling during my visit, but it was posted everywhere. The pool area has a fire pit so you can enjoy the outdoors even if it is cold. The fine dining restaurant was not worth going to. It was terrible!! The other restaurants were great and the coffee shop had a great selection.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

JMJ Had to go to Sandia Casino and Resort for numerous things this trip and enjoyed them all. First time attempt at Bingo and was impressed with the system-everyone having a good time. The $2. delicious burger made a great lunch break!! Slots galore and a non-smoking sections also. Attended a private dinner there also and it was very elegant; excellent wait staff!!

Room Tip: JMJ Watch the internet for great deals except during Balloon Fiesta
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I cannot say enough about the Sandia Resort and Casino. We drive to Las Vegas every year from Oklahoma and always stop in Albuquerque due to it’s halfway. We had never stay here before, but had a great offer from Sandia with our connections with Caesars Total Rewards. I was able to get a players card at the same level I am with Caesars Total Rewards, which means my room was at a lower rate. We were pretty lucky that we had booked a King room and we gave the lady a $20 when we check in and we were upgraded to a 1-bedroom Suite. I am sure we were upgraded to this huge Suite only because they were doing a complete remodel of the entire floor, but at the other end of the hall, so it didn’t bother us. Their 1 bedroom Suite is unbelievable; it even had a powder room…something I have never seen in a Suite before. The Suite was over 900 square feet. The living area had the powder room, desk/eating area, sofa, 2 lounge chairs, sofa and a flat screen TV that was probably 50+ inches. Walk through the bedroom door and you have a nice pillow top king bed with a lounge chair and ottoman, vanity area and a 42” flat screen TV; then you have double doors into the bathroom area that will take your breath away with a huge soaking tub, double sinks, vanity, walk-in shower with an awesome shower head…by far the best Suite we have ever stayed in. We had a mountain view and could see the Golf Course and pool area…just awesome. We really enjoyed playing in the Casino and the selection of food was very good and valued priced.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you stay in here; they are all great. I prefer the mountain view fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place, the casino has a lot of slot very modern and the service and food are excellent. I can wait to go again. Highly recommended. The rooms are very clean and the food and service is afordable and overall good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I decided to book a quick getaway at Sandia a couple of days ago. I do have to say thay their hotel side has shown much improvement. They are currently renovating their room which i have to say are super nice...new carpets,new bedding, new furniture in the rooms. The customer service is much improved. Now the casino side of things well i am not so sure the casino itself is dirtier than before...slots are super tight unless u are a regular and go everyday or every other day...i am a smoker however my wife is not..so we do go in the nonsmoking area...but there was someone smoking in the nonsmoking side and there were a couple of employees who just walked by and didn't say a word...so my wife found another employee and said something to him about it...Overall the hotel side much improved..the casino side not so much....if you get a players card you room rate is much better than without it.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Sandia Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!