“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandia Casino & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Sandia Casino & Resort
You added Sandia Casino & Resort to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Rainbow Road NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113   |
Ranked #24 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tucson, Arizona
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel was very nice. They were remodelling during my visit, but it was posted everywhere. The pool area has a fire pit so you can enjoy the outdoors even if it is cold. The fine dining restaurant was not worth going to. It was terrible!! The other restaurants were great and the coffee shop had a great selection.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca K

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

JMJ Had to go to Sandia Casino and Resort for numerous things this trip and enjoyed them all. First time attempt at Bingo and was impressed with the system-everyone having a good time. The $2. delicious burger made a great lunch break!! Slots galore and a non-smoking sections also. Attended a private dinner there also and it was very elegant; excellent wait staff!!

Room Tip: JMJ Watch the internet for great deals except during Balloon Fiesta
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mother15
Gainesville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I cannot say enough about the Sandia Resort and Casino. We drive to Las Vegas every year from Oklahoma and always stop in Albuquerque due to it’s halfway. We had never stay here before, but had a great offer from Sandia with our connections with Caesars Total Rewards. I was able to get a players card at the same level I am with Caesars Total Rewards, which means my room was at a lower rate. We were pretty lucky that we had booked a King room and we gave the lady a $20 when we check in and we were upgraded to a 1-bedroom Suite. I am sure we were upgraded to this huge Suite only because they were doing a complete remodel of the entire floor, but at the other end of the hall, so it didn’t bother us. Their 1 bedroom Suite is unbelievable; it even had a powder room…something I have never seen in a Suite before. The Suite was over 900 square feet. The living area had the powder room, desk/eating area, sofa, 2 lounge chairs, sofa and a flat screen TV that was probably 50+ inches. Walk through the bedroom door and you have a nice pillow top king bed with a lounge chair and ottoman, vanity area and a 42” flat screen TV; then you have double doors into the bathroom area that will take your breath away with a huge soaking tub, double sinks, vanity, walk-in shower with an awesome shower head…by far the best Suite we have ever stayed in. We had a mountain view and could see the Golf Course and pool area…just awesome. We really enjoyed playing in the Casino and the selection of food was very good and valued priced.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you stay in here; they are all great. I prefer the mountain view fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen L
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place, the casino has a lot of slot very modern and the service and food are excellent. I can wait to go again. Highly recommended. The rooms are very clean and the food and service is afordable and overall good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I decided to book a quick getaway at Sandia a couple of days ago. I do have to say thay their hotel side has shown much improvement. They are currently renovating their room which i have to say are super nice...new carpets,new bedding, new furniture in the rooms. The customer service is much improved. Now the casino side of things well i am not so sure the casino itself is dirtier than before...slots are super tight unless u are a regular and go everyday or every other day...i am a smoker however my wife is not..so we do go in the nonsmoking area...but there was someone smoking in the nonsmoking side and there were a couple of employees who just walked by and didn't say a word...so my wife found another employee and said something to him about it...Overall the hotel side much improved..the casino side not so much....if you get a players card you room rate is much better than without it.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank chryslerlovr
Stow, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We only stayed one night but we enjoyed it very much. We called ahead and our room was ready before noon so we took full advantage. The check in was great and friendly. We signed up for the players club and got $25 slot play. The grounds there were gorgeous, we took a walk and just took everything in. There is construction going on but it wasn't too bad, at least on a Sunday. Our room was clean and quiet and very comfortable. The casino was nice. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor with a moutain view, end of hallway, very nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank tam48
San Pedro, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stopped there on my way to Santa Fe to visit some friends. Needed a break from a long drive from
Santa Cruz.

The place was very crowded as it was a Friday and there was some kind of a car raffle. I arrived shortly after 6:00 pm. The bar was crowded but the drinks were over-priced. (Alas, no Happy Hour
on a FRIDAY afternoon!) It was difficult finding an empty seat at the slots... it was that crowded, so I walked around trying to find a machine that I liked. What I observed was that not too many people were
hitting anything. Very surprising to me since it was so crowded.I finally found a machine that I liked.
No luck there. Moved on to another machine...maybe play higher? No luck there either. Well, my luck
has got to change. After all, what ARE the odds? Nothing! $500.00 later, I gave up with barely a nibble.
Oh, and yes, someone did win a car around 8:00 pm., at which point most people left the casino.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sunsetsue
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Casino & Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Sunsetsue,

Sorry to hear luck was not with you on your visit to Sandia Resort & Casino November 2.
Sandia Resort & Casino strives to offer the best variety of the latest slots at a very competitive hold percentage. But even though machines are set at a certain theoretical hold percentage, these percentages are based on 10 million games. During a span of a few hours a machine may be very generous or very stingy. The odds of winning are the same on every game played, after that it is all a matter of luck. We strive to offer the best odds and the longest playtime on devices in the Southwest.

Ally Lasater