“Sandia is one GREAT resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandia Casino & Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Sandia Casino & Resort
You added Sandia Casino & Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Rainbow Road NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113   |
Ranked #25 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Roswell, New Mexico
“Sandia is one GREAT resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Friendly, courteous staff; squeeky clean room & bath; magnificent views; great golfing; primo amphitheater w/top entertainment; rooftop lounge make for a topnotch resort. The entire hotel was booked with a huge wedding and first class acts in the amphitheater. The hotel called us 2 days prior to our arrival to confirm our reservations & all was ready when we arrived a bit early. A light preconcert dinner menu is avaliable, but you can get a burger or bbq san at the venue. Rather long wait for drinks or the bathroom between featured performers, so plan ahead. At 11:00 after the concert, adjourned to the rooftop lounge for visiting and views. Effortless checkout the next day. Would recommend reservations as early as possible in order to get any kind of rate reduction - from $300. per night. We'll be back.

FYI - the casino and bar areas are filled w/smoke.

Room Tip: You have a city & valley view or a mountain view. Both wonderful at different times of day &am...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Corrales, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

For a special occasion, I bought concert tickets (BB King, Kenny W Shepard) and reserved a room for that evening. I made the reservations 3 months in advance. The person I spoke to on the phone guaranteed the room requests "should" be met since I had reserved so early.
We live in the area and wanted to use the pool before the concert started at 7PM. called the hotel and they said I couldn't check in before 4PM... not enough time to use the pool. I could pay an extra $35 per person to come early to use the pool if I wanted to.. Gee, THANKS!
When we did get there, other people had checked in early, so the room I had reserved was no longer available. I ended up with a room on the 3rd floor, end of the hall, overlooking a dirty roof. The carpet was so dirty that my feet turned black when I walked barefoot. The room was horrible and the front desk just laughed at me when I told them I was dissapointed that my room request was not met. I couldn't wait to check out of this place. The hotel staff was condesending and seemed to think it was funny that I spent over $330 for one night in a room that I was afraid to walk on the carpet without shoes. I work hard for my money and this was such a disappointment. Our whole trip was ruined. What was supposed to be a happy occasion turned out very frustrating. (I was later told my a staff member that I was givien the worst room in the hotel). FYI- the casino is jammed at night with lots of smokers and drunks. It was just horrid.
Even though some of the hotel area is decorated very nicely and could be a lovely place to visit, I cannot recommend it. Stay away if you don't want be frustrated. If you want to gamble, go to Las Vegas where they know how to treat customers!!!

Room Tip: Good luck! They won't honor any requests. I think you have to bribe the front desk to get the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Casino & Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Please accept my apology for the disappointing time you had during your last stay. I spoke to the Front Desk and asked what happened during your check in. They informed me that they gave you the option to wait for a higher up room or to check in right away into the 3rd floor room. Because you wanted to swim before the concert, you decided to not wait and check in. I am sorry that you did not like your room. We are in the process of renovating all 228 rooms and by the end of the year they will be all fresh and new. It is something you will want to check out for yourself.

Please contact me personally for any future stays you may have. My direct number is 505-798-3944 or my email address is ajohnston@sandiaresort.com. I look forward to making it right on your next stay.

Ashley Johnston
Front Office Manager
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Best hotel bathroom I have ever seen, and I've been to a couple of top hotels in Vegas.
Great hotel, casino in the lobby and a bar on one of the top floors, that has views of the mountains. Fantastic value for money and i wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!
Great golf course attached to the hotel also, top desert golf!

Room Tip: There is one side that has a view of the closest mountain, but then on the other side you have a vie...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Wimberley, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I visit here about twice a year. We do receive great room rates, which are a great value. We arrived around 2pm, and we're told that our room was not ready, and that they would call us when we could check in. Well, we were tired from our 4 hour car ride, but check in time is stated as 4pm, so we couldn't complain. The only way to check after 4 pm was to stand in line and ask, as no phone call after 2 hours when desk agent said about an hour. After 3 times in a long line, going out for dinner and returning, our room was ready @7:30pm. We were told that there was a shortage of housekeeping staff... A very lame excuse.
Speaking of housekeeping, the next day our room was not cleaned until 4pm. The next day we had to ask someone to bring at least clean glasses and towels at 5pm. We passed on all the other cleaning , as I can make my own bed...but come on, how long does it take to empty 2trashcans and replace some dirty items?
It is great that they are beginning to update the hotel, as the rooms were looking tired and worn. Fortunately, the work did not start until we left.
Speaking of worn out, almost every chair in the casino is cracked and badly needs replacing. The entire place is quite clean, but the smoke permeates everything! Even the small non-smoking area still smells smoky.
The buffet has gone downhill since our last visit. Many food items are cold. Lines are long for breakfast. All staff here are helpful and attentive. The Council room's fish and chips is simply wonderful, and the $5 breakfast on some weekdays is quite a bargain, and the food is hot!
For the first time, we ate at the top floor restaurant. Hostess promptly seated us at a table of our choosing. Servers were available immediately. Although expensive, the food was delicious. Our filets were cooked perfectly, even though the waiter switched our orders. The chili mac&cheese is the best we have eaten. Wine selection and pricing about average for a place of this caliber.
Smoking should be banned at the pool, it's bad enough in the casino.
We have been visiting and losing money here since the place first opened. We shall see if we will return.

Room Tip: Top floor, corner room. It is quiet there. Ask for a room away from amphitheater if a concert is s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

First, the good - it is a very large casino with many choices of slots. The rooms are nice for the money if you are a slot club member. The location is great if you want to also take the tram to Sandia Peak. The overall property is very attractive.

The not so good - the smell of cigarette smoke hits you when you enter the hotel lobby. I am thinking their smoke filtration system is not equal to the job. The food at the restaurants (except for the nice one on the top floor) is very bland.

Now the awful - they are renovating the rooms and you are out of luck if your room happens to be below one of the rooms being renovated. They claim I was told this at check in but that is not so. Yes, there are posters informing us of the general renovation but it became very, very personal when I wanted to take a nap and they are hammering in the room above. All day yesterday and all day today. When I called downstairs they offered to move us to a 3rd floor room. Really? Go through the trouble of moving or stay here with no nap? Tough call. I am choosing to warn Trip Advisor readers to make sure that when they stay here for the next few months to make certain the renovations will not be going on directly above you during your stay. My solution would have been to ask the construction workers to work somewhere else for the next few hours, instead of inconveniencing me, the customer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I come to sandia to gamble every monday or tuesday & usually spend between $500-900 sometmes you win sometimes you don't ....but it's like a second home & if you want to come down and have a great time--give me a call 264-3722 or 235-6010. The free points, free rooms, free food and the Staff is wonderful...They always treat me well there. It's the only place to go. I get invited to numerous slot tournaments and it's close to work and home...Come on down and have a great time with me!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sandia Casino and Resort on two separate occasions in July. As a Total Rewards Member, I was offered a $39 a night stay with $40 in casino credit for each night of stay. I was traveling to Durango Colorado on a roadtrip with my children and my parents. We decided to stay at the Sandia as a midway stop heading to Colorado and on our way back to Dallas. The Resort is beautiful and is located by the mountains. It is very easy to find off of I-25. Check-in was quick and easy. The front desk was friendly and helpful. They accommodated my family and made sure my elderly parents were in a room close by. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and well appointed. There was an in-room safe, coffee maker and a mini-fridge. The bathroom was also very clean, roomy, and the spa toiletries included was an unexpected treat.

SInce this hotel was a casino and resort, I took the kids and enjoyed the pool. We had a great time and there were plenty of seats. While we were at the pool, my parents enjoyed the casino.They were given casino and food credit with their rewards membership, so they enjoyed their perks too. The golf course looked beautiful and the spa is conveniently located by the coffee shop. All the staff from the front desk, security, housekeepers, were extremely helpful and friendly.

For the month of July, the resort had a promotion of $2 burgers and $1 hotdogs. The burgers were huge and you could order it any way you wanted (double meat and cheese) and the price was still only $2. They were very good and a hit with the kids.There are many choices of restaurants and a buffet. My parents enjoyed the buffet and for the price had a lot of selection.
The main bar is the place to be on Thursday night. People were danicng on the dance floor and having a great time.

We loved our stay at the Sandia both times. The only negatives: beds are beautiful with tons of pillows but not comfortable to sleep on. Some of the items we ordered from the deli were not cooked properly. We ordered fried mushrooms and when we bit into them, they were still ice cold and watery in the center. We had the hot dogs on two separate occasions and they were also cold.

As far as the casino, they had table games and tons of slot machines. I found the slot machines to be extremely tight. I go to Las Vegas and to the casinos in Oklahoma near Dallas all the time, so it was a downer to play there and my parents had the same experience.

Room Tip: request an even number high floor room to get a view. We didn't have an issue with noise on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family