“Don't waste your time!” 1 of 5 stars

2-Night Special Package
Ranked #27 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Don't waste your time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

I had been going to sandia for over a year at least twice a month. It use to be very good...i even proposed to my the wife there. I made special plans to stay with my wife over Valentines day and I must say was very disappointed. We walked in after we checked in to a very dirty room..the buffet made my wife sick and the employees were very rude. Upon check out I had tried to tell the front desk clerk about our dirty room and he just ignored me from the start. We had talked to the front office manager and she asked us what they should do instead of offering a solution. We said that since it was this stay that was not pleasant that we should be refunded for cost of the room, which she agreed to do, however we were only refunded one night. The rooms were dirty,food was bad, and customer service was horrible. I will be making the extra trip 20 minutes from there and stay somewhere else....

• Stayed February 2012
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Casino & Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear chryslerlovr,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sandia Resort and Casino. Please accept my apologies! I take full responsibility for the miscommunication with the adjustment of your bill and will get that rectified immediately. We do appreciate your patronage and know how special our resort is to you and hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back!

Ashley Johnston
Front Office Manager
Sandia Resort and Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

the sandia casino hotel resort is in albuquerque, new mexico, usa. it is in a beautiful area and has a own golf course. the 5 star hotel has a casino, spa, several restaurant. the huge swimmingpool and whirlpool are great to use in summertime.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My fiance and I decided to try something new and have dinner at the buffet and it turned out to be VERY disapointing. The food tasted as if it had been out all day and the fruit was still thawing on the serving table. I don't think we will ever eat here again or recommend it to anyone. There was a couple behind us who we heard complaining to the manager about it as well.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sfarr84,
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to the Thur Shan Buffet. I apologize that your experience was not to your satisfaction but appreciate your input. We are working hard on elevating the overall experience at Thur Shan and the Chef has made many recent upgrades in terms of product variety and quality. We have been getting very positive response on some of those recent initiatives, in particular regarding our Seafood Buffet, Sunday Brunch, and the wide variety of desserts made from scratch in house, and we continue to work on improving the menu throughout the week.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and I apologize for the inconvenience; we would welcome the opportunity to have you back and regain your confidence in Thur Shan Buffet and hope that you would see this as an isolated experience.

Best Regards,
David Kohler
Food & Beverage Director
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed here with my small nephew for his birthday and had a great time. We had a suite so there were 2 flat screen tv's. We also had dinner at the Council Room bar and grill, delicious food. I liked the pulled pork sandwich. Did not use the Green Reed Spa, although I have in the past and found it very relaxing and tranquil. Love staying here! My one complaint though is during the summer they do NOT HEAT the pool. It's a gorgeous pool with awesome views but it's not heated.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Beautiful from outside, cant beat the view - HOWEVER - as soon as we walked inside the air was filled with smoke and the atmosphere was humid and claustrophobic feeling. The machines are literally packed together for obviously for max profit. This puts a person in VERY close proximity to others adding to the feeling of claustrophobia not to mention all the smokers, coughers and sneezers. I don't gamble, my wife does. We left shortly after arriving do to all of the above AND because I couldn’t stand next to my wife to watch her play because the isles are so tight people couldn’t walk by. Hey, the did give me a parting gift though – A VIRUS I nabbed from some stupid nearby sneezing smoker. I haven’t been sick in years! Will never go back.

Room Tip: Review for Casino only. If you are traveling to New Mexico and want to gamble choose buffalo thunder...
Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear max c,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Sandia Resort and Casino! Receiving comments from our customers is the best method we have to identifying possible shortcomings and making necessary changes. Just so you are aware, we do have a designated non-smoking section for those guests who prefer a non-smoking gaming experience. We do appreciate your patronage and hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort!

Michael Moore
GM of Gaming Operations
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We live in Albuquerque and I frequent the casino, my husband the golf course, but have never stayed the night before. During the Balloon Fiesta (first week in October every year), we decided to stay. The rooms are very large (King) and nicely done - the bathroom downright HUGE. We requested a west facing room which would give us a view of the balloon launch field, but had to settled for the east - the east view was of the golf course, behind which stood Sandia mountains - specatular. Lobby area is very, very nice. The view of the Sandia's from the lobbies 20' + window is breath taking. You do not feel like you are in a casino - sounds are muted. Buffett is plentiful, but not newsworth. Bien Shur restaurant is. I am proud to have this facility in my home town.

Room Tip: Be sure to request non smoking - east side mountain view, east side city. During Ballon Fiesta west...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

This resort is built around gaming. That aside, this is a great hotel. The rooms are big and appointed nicely. The property has several restaurants that are good. There is a golf on the property that is fantastic. The price is right too. The only knocks are these: the pool is very small! Smoke in the casino. They have a nonsmoking part but it is overwhelmed by the smoking. Overall, a great bargain and the rooms are awesome!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Sandia Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!