“Worst night sleep ever.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #95 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Worst night sleep ever.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were in room 315, right next to the elevators and it was a sleepless night. We asked to change rooms and they moved us 2 doors down from a 2 bed to a 1 bed and it didn't work for our family of 4, so we asked to be switched again and they said that there were no other rooms available. Horrible sleepless night and the staff offered nothing to accommodate us. We ate at the restaurant and the lady serving us seemed to have an attitude. Not friendly at all. The food was good though. They do have a slide in the pool, however they only allow 2 free riders per room. Hotel room was not clean at all. We found caramel popcorn behind the entertainment center. The toilet was clogged when we arrived, nothing but a big glob of tp in the toilet that wouldn't flush. Had to have maintenance come and unclog. The bar and bartender were nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid room 315 if you want to sleep
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear ikeroni:

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I will be addressing your concern with your guestroom issues and the service in our restaurant with my staff & managers. I sincerely apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I had read some bad reviews about this location so I must say I was worried to stay here. I am so glad it turned out better than I expected. This place has it going on, from the front desk to the, bar lounge, room service and restaurant! We arrived and check in was a breeze, the front desk was friendly and informative. The beds are VERY comfortable! If I had to complain it would be that it is busy and a bit noisy! It would not keep me from going back. The pool was very crowded in the evening so that was disappointing to my kiddo. We went swimming in the morning and it was fun and very few swimmers were there. My kiddo was so impressed with the 2 story slide. This hotel is in a great location close to many area restaurants.

Room Tip: We changed to a king room at the last minute and there was no bath tub, It was a shower stall only.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
March 4, 2014

Dear TravelingHockey…D – Amarillo TX:

I appreciate your taking the time to share your positive comments about the Holiday Inn & Suites Albuquerque.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am glad that we have met your expectations. I will be happy to pass your positive comments about our facility & service on to my staff.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is quite disappointing. As the newest HI property in Albuquerque, we expected a little more. Our room overlooked a dark parking lot and a giant wall. No view what so ever. This wasnt a huge issue, but then I saw the bathroom. Tiny. The toilet bowl extends literally to the center of the sink. So tiny you could wash your hands while sitting on the pot. Next worse thing, there was trash on the floor underneath each bed skirt, and upon our arrival, housekeeping had forgotten to stock the room with towels. What a pleasant surprise when I got out of the shower...aside from poor housekeeping, and the overall space problem, (cramped room/bathroom) the front desk staff was pleasant. Wont stay here again, though.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
February 17, 2014

Dear WilliamC:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel design and housekeeping issues. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with my Housekeeping department about the issues you presented. I apologize for the inconvenience. This incident is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Artesia, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I booked this property due to the price point. Based on several negative reviews I wasn't sure what to expect. The check-in process was smooth and the front desk clerk was quite pleasant. She accomodated a request for a room as far from noise as possible. This stay was New Years Eve 2013. The room was clean and neat, equipped with the standard Holiday Inn Ammenities, nothing special but again what was expected. As we inspected the room both bathroom tissue rolls were empty and the holders were sitting in the sink. Obviously the maid had just forgotten to put new paper back on the rolls. Hey we are all human and it happens. Given the amount of time that hotel maids have to service rooms it is understandable. The only other issue was a 3am fire alarm resulting from a pulled fire alarm station. My only concern was that the fire department didn't show up at all and I anticipated that the alarm system would have auto notified them. The evacuation process went smoothly and it was only a short time before it was determined this was a false alarm. You can't blame the hotel for personal stupidity. This was a quick overnight trip so it is diffidult to rate the property based on that but I would stay here again given the price point. It isn't a standout but if you are looking for that a person would need to be prepared to pay more per night.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to the freeway. Ask for a room on the east side of the property if you are...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear NMand Beyond, Artesia NM:

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the fire alarm. It was unfortunate that someone had childish intentions to pull the fire alarm in the early morning. I will also speak with the room cleaner about the missing amenity. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

El Paso
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

On our most recent trip to Albuquerque, MN we stayed at this Holiday Inn. My daughter had landed a new job and we were pressed to make a one day up, find an apartment and come home trip. We arrived after eight in the evening and were greeted by a wonderful front desk clerk named Megan. She was a nice resource in our search for safe areas to look at for apartments. The stay was as expected at a Holiday Inn, comfortable rooms and a bar to relax and plot our upcoming day.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floors have a nice view and in the morninings you can almost be assured you w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear TimWW_ELP :

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am glad that we have met your expectations. I will be happy to pass this on to my staff.

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Not ready for prime time. Housekeeping does not rise to slovenly. Two tv's with one working. Room had only one washcloth and 3 towels. Carpet never cleaned during 4 night stay. Food awful, drinks stingy. Bed stands, one both sides of bed but only 1 lamp. Desk lamp plug inoperable. Dirty coffee cups and pot not cleaned or cleared.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Gary F / Scottsdale AZ:

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the housekeeping service of your guestroom and food service. Thank you for your excellent note on the Front Desk. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Albuquerque, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've called this hotel 3 times to make inquiries and possible reservations and each time the front desk person was consistently rude. Apparantly they think it is acceptable to hang up on potential guests, cuz I've been hung up on all 3 times! The girls (brats) are so nasty, they let you know they are annoyed just for having to answer the phone and then by question #3 you will get a dial tone. I called back each time and they eventually did not answer at all! I will never stay in this hotel because if their customer service skills are lacking so badly on the phone, I can't imagine what they are like in person!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Steven C, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear AGazzara ABQ NM:

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the professionalism of my Front Desk staff, which occurred back in May 2013, with my Front Office manager I apologize for the inconvenience. This incident is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25? Share your experiences!