“Ok for a night, but that's all” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #106 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
luvnlife
“Ok for a night, but that's all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed for one night and that was more than enough. This hotel looks decent from the outside but the inside has seen better days. The carpet is worn and it has a horrible smell. We were trying to decide between two hotels on the same exit and should've drove to the other. The other hotel was located next to all the restaurants and a movie theater. The pool has a slide, which we didn't use, it was packed and it's very very small! You can hear the traffic on I-25 all night. Don't stay here if you want a good night sleep!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear luvnlife4:

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced with our hotel facility and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with an outstanding product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. Please note that we have already addressed your comments about the carpet. An upgraded carpet has been approved by the franchise and will be installed in the very near future. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Best memory of the stay was when we checked in. Margaret, the manager on duty was super sweet and professional. After that was another story. We were placed in a room right next to the elevator. When we complained about how loud it was they did move us so that was cool. We brought the kids to swim for the weekend. COMPLETE waste of money. Points or no points, as Platnuim members we expected a fun weekend with the kids. The water in the pool was freezing! Yeah the kids got used to it but they could only stand it for so long. When I went to relax in the Jacuzzi, it was stone cold!!!!! Also, the lifegaurd left 15 minutes early so they closed the slide early. My husband and I were so dissapointed. Other than that, we won't be back. I hate to sound so harsh but, it is what it is... :-(

Room Tip: Okay to stay if you are just here to sleep and leave, but not worth the price - stay at a Hilton ins...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Marcella2007:

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced with our hotel facility and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the elevator and pool area. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Los Alamos, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had to book a quick stay for wife and son. Son had several hockey games in ABQ on Saturday and Sunday and was not feeling well after Saturday games. To avoid the 100+ mile drive back and forth I found a room. During the night my wife was awoken by arguing and doors slamming in the hallway and again later by loud noises and the sounds of someone getting sick. When she brought this up to the desk clerk in the morning the only response was "yeah we had a rough crowd last night". No other gesture to make things right was made. So two things maybe not the best place for a peaceful nights sleep and concern over customer satisfaction not a priority for the Hotel staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
March 6, 2013

Dear gschramm, Los Alamos NM

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced with the noise disturbance and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the noise disturbance with my Front Desk staff and how to handle the complaint professionally. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer. I will contact PriceLine to see why they would not move you.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Steve Caalim, C.H.A.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The fire alarm went off every morning at 815 and stay on for approximately 1 minute. The pool and hot tub were closed for all three days. ALOT of traffic noise as the hotel is right up against I-25.
Priceline has this hotel marked as a 3 star hotel. Far from it.

As you can see this hotel has cleanliness issues as well as security issues. Priceline refused to move me to a nearby holiday inn express or allow me to cancel my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Jerry M, Santa Fe NM

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the pool renovation. The timing was bad, but we needed to repair a crack on the pool deck in order to avoid potential water loss and/or injury to our guests. In addition, due to the repairs, the fire alarms were set off inadvertently. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer. I will also contact PriceLine to question why they would not move you.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the motel around midnight. Check inn was pleasant and all was fine until we got to our room. The carpet had stains all over it. The room was pretty run down. Being so late we were just going to tough it out but when my wife turned down the bed it was covered with long black hairs. There were hairs on the pillows and sheets. It looked as though the linens hasn't been changed. We called front desk and told them. The manager came and looked for herself. She offered to put us in another room. After seeing this of course we declined and moved to another motel in the middle of the night. Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2012
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear scompton04:

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced in your guestroom and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the cleanliness issue with my Housekeeping staff. I would have liked the opportunity to have assigned you another guestroom that would have met your expectations. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Eagle Mountain, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The carpet, sheets, and toilet seat had stains on them. One of the pillowcases had a tear in it. The furniture was dinged up, dingy and dusty. My husband and I both swear the mattress hung over the edge of the bed by 4-5 inches on each side of the bed. Neither of us were able to sleep. The employee who checked us in apparently didn’t program our key correctly so one night arriving back to the hotel with two sleeping kids in our arms and we couldn’t get into our room. We had to go back down to the front desk and wait for them to figure out the problem but only after they told us to go up and “try it again”… still while carrying two sleeping (now crying) children around. It was very annoying. Also, you have to pretty much drive through the parking lot of the neighboring strip joint to get to the hotel. If you have older kids who can read… you might get some questions. Our main complaint was that we booked this hotel solely for the waterslide in the pool. Nowhere on the website did it mention that it was only operational on Saturdays and Sunday mornings. We stayed Sun-Wed and our kids were very disappointed. Stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
SamL
Eagle Mountain, Utah

Dear SamL:
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Albuquerque. We want our guest to experience a superior product and guest service. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please note that I have addressed your issues with our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff and I assure you that it will be corrected. Your experience is not indicative of what we are able to offer. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to serve you the next time your visit the Albuquerque area.

Steven Caalim
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel to ABQ nearly every week, typically 1-5 nights per trip. I am a Priority Club member and typically stay in Holiday Inn's. This Holiday Inn always "thanks" me for my loyalty, every other Holiday Inn in NM and AZ will thank you AND give you a little bag with a couple of bottles of water and packaged cookies, nothing spectacular, but helpful compared to a "Thanks!".

I have stayed at this hotel a total of 60 nights in 2012 so far. I have always stayed at this location for its convenience to my office (3 minute drive). They have a small bar and a restaurant with decent room service. However I am losing my loyalty because of the following two things.
1. The elevator can be heard EVERYWHERE in the hotel. In fact it is a joke the bartender tells on occasion! The patrons complain and the staff is well aware! The bartender even commented that the "21" rooms (221, 321, etc) are the worst as the room shares a wall with the elevator shaft, but I can hear the elevator even at the end of the halls.
2. I DO NOT recommend accepting any room on the 3rd floor. Rooms 326, 328 look right out on a roof line with the Air conditioning units, etc. this includes piles of pigeon droppings and pigeons (alive and dead).
3. When I complained to management I was assured of a better room for the 5 nights i was to stay later in the month. When I returned, I did have a large room! It was very nice, no pigeons, but "21" room with a wall adjoining the elevator shaft!!!!

There are other options in the area I will try soon. Drurey Inn, Residence Inn, Quality Inn, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25? Share your experiences!