Save Saved
Ranked #98 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The fire alarm went off every morning at 815 and stay on for approximately 1 minute. The pool and hot tub were closed for all three days. ALOT of traffic noise as the hotel is right up against I-25.
Priceline has this hotel marked as a 3 star hotel. Far from it.

As you can see this hotel has cleanliness issues as well as security issues. Priceline refused to move me to a nearby holiday inn express or allow me to cancel my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Jerry M, Santa Fe NM

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the pool renovation. The timing was bad, but we needed to repair a crack on the pool deck in order to avoid potential water loss and/or injury to our guests. In addition, due to the repairs, the fire alarms were set off inadvertently. I apologize again for your experience, which is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer. I will also contact PriceLine to question why they would not move you.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Steve Caalim

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the motel around midnight. Check inn was pleasant and all was fine until we got to our room. The carpet had stains all over it. The room was pretty run down. Being so late we were just going to tough it out but when my wife turned down the bed it was covered with long black hairs. There were hairs on the pillows and sheets. It looked as though the linens hasn't been changed. We called front desk and told them. The manager came and looked for herself. She offered to put us in another room. After seeing this of course we declined and moved to another motel in the middle of the night. Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2012
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear scompton04:

I appreciate your taking the time to share your recent disappointment with our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the frustration that you experienced in your guestroom and for not meeting your expectations.

We want our guest to be met with a well-trained staff and product that puts guest needs and satisfaction before anything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that I have addressed your concern with the cleanliness issue with my Housekeeping staff. I would have liked the opportunity to have assigned you another guestroom that would have met your expectations. Your experience is not indicative of the services and product that the hotel can offer.

Steve Caalim
Eagle Mountain, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The carpet, sheets, and toilet seat had stains on them. One of the pillowcases had a tear in it. The furniture was dinged up, dingy and dusty. My husband and I both swear the mattress hung over the edge of the bed by 4-5 inches on each side of the bed. Neither of us were able to sleep. The employee who checked us in apparently didn’t program our key correctly so one night arriving back to the hotel with two sleeping kids in our arms and we couldn’t get into our room. We had to go back down to the front desk and wait for them to figure out the problem but only after they told us to go up and “try it again”… still while carrying two sleeping (now crying) children around. It was very annoying. Also, you have to pretty much drive through the parking lot of the neighboring strip joint to get to the hotel. If you have older kids who can read… you might get some questions. Our main complaint was that we booked this hotel solely for the waterslide in the pool. Nowhere on the website did it mention that it was only operational on Saturdays and Sunday mornings. We stayed Sun-Wed and our kids were very disappointed. Stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Steven C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
SamL
Eagle Mountain, Utah

Dear SamL:
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Albuquerque. We want our guest to experience a superior product and guest service. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please note that I have addressed your issues with our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff and I assure you that it will be corrected. Your experience is not indicative of what we are able to offer. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I hope to serve you the next time your visit the Albuquerque area.

Steven Caalim
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel to ABQ nearly every week, typically 1-5 nights per trip. I am a Priority Club member and typically stay in Holiday Inn's. This Holiday Inn always "thanks" me for my loyalty, every other Holiday Inn in NM and AZ will thank you AND give you a little bag with a couple of bottles of water and packaged cookies, nothing spectacular, but helpful compared to a "Thanks!".

I have stayed at this hotel a total of 60 nights in 2012 so far. I have always stayed at this location for its convenience to my office (3 minute drive). They have a small bar and a restaurant with decent room service. However I am losing my loyalty because of the following two things.
1. The elevator can be heard EVERYWHERE in the hotel. In fact it is a joke the bartender tells on occasion! The patrons complain and the staff is well aware! The bartender even commented that the "21" rooms (221, 321, etc) are the worst as the room shares a wall with the elevator shaft, but I can hear the elevator even at the end of the halls.
2. I DO NOT recommend accepting any room on the 3rd floor. Rooms 326, 328 look right out on a roof line with the Air conditioning units, etc. this includes piles of pigeon droppings and pigeons (alive and dead).
3. When I complained to management I was assured of a better room for the 5 nights i was to stay later in the month. When I returned, I did have a large room! It was very nice, no pigeons, but "21" room with a wall adjoining the elevator shaft!!!!

There are other options in the area I will try soon. Drurey Inn, Residence Inn, Quality Inn, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

well I am pleased. Got clean room and was able to sleep through the night peacefully. not a huge fan of the parking lot but, My car survived overnight )LOL w/o any damages or loss. I would return to this location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My family and I came to enjoy the slide at the swimming pool, But.. they didn't tell us anything about some certain rules about it and when it was OPEN or CLOSE! I think your over price for some items that wasn't even used. I think you need to let the visitors with families know all about the slide at your swimming pool like information!! The elevators has a loud sound going up and down..maybe you need to service them soon. My kids was looking forward to using the slide at the pool. But it was CLOSED!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I selected this hotel because it was within walking distance of the balloon fiesta shuttle stop (Cliff's) closest to the Albquerque International Balloon Fiesta.

The hotel was nice and very comfortable for my stay. I was really pleased with it.

The location was good with lots and lots of restaurants a short drive away.

While two staff members told me that walking to the Cliff's shuttle stop was a good idea; I do not recommend it. To get there you will be walking along Pan American, a frontage road that parallels I-25. There is no sidewalk; you will be walking in a dirt ditch that is at an angle and is strewn with large rocks and little plants with thorns that will stick in your shoes (and hurt your fingers when you try to pull them out!). Plus it is quite dark in some spots (I had a flashlight with me that helped). While it is a 10 minute walk, after that first experience I drove to Cliff's the rest of the time. There was no problem parking and no problem pulling out. There was a line of busses when I arrived and it takes just 15 minutes to get to the fiesta. Getting back was just a short wait to get a bus then a 15 minute ride to Cliff's. In the mornings I was on the bus at 5am and, in the afternoons, I was on the bus at 5pm. These times seemed to work well for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25? Share your experiences!